PDA

View Full Version : Sell my 12" Powerbook??




umichiganmac
Jul 11, 2007, 05:13 PM
A couple of weeks ago my PB hard drive died on me... very sad and unexpected. My applecare was up in April... so i was SOL.

I am having the HD replaced with a 100 gig, and I started wondering if I should move on up to a MacBook. Is that a good move at this point, or should I wait?

I don't have a **** ton of money, so I would have to fetch a pretty good price for my PB - what would be a good asking price??

100 gig hard drive
1.25 ram
1.5 GHz
Superdrive
12" Powerbook



Capt Underpants
Jul 11, 2007, 05:23 PM
I would put a buy it now on ebay for $700. People here aren't stupid enough to pay that much for a 12" Powerbook, but ebay people are.

mkrishnan
Jul 11, 2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, $700 seems very doable on eBay. I would guess your eBay auction results would likely be somewhere from $650-800 shipped, and probably about $600 shipped, here.

booksacool1
Jul 11, 2007, 06:12 PM
Yeah, $700 seems very doable on eBay. I would guess your eBay auction results would likely be somewhere from $650-800 shipped, and probably about $600 shipped, here.

Good old ebay. Every seller there acts like they have ten starving children to feed. :D
I've seen 12" PB's with the same specs as yours (other than the HDD) go for around 700-800.
Assuming yours is in good condition, I'd say the your prospects are pretty good.

Amazing what people with pay for a old PB :rolleyes:

jedivulcan
Jul 11, 2007, 08:00 PM
I bought a 12" model recently off of E-Bay for under 400. I found it to be useful for carrying around on campus. It's small, light, and looks nice. Also it's good for basic stuff like taking notes.

littlenicky
Jul 12, 2007, 08:46 AM
I'm very interested

You have PM

tehdee
Jul 12, 2007, 09:41 AM
im going travelling/teaching abroad 'indefinitely', and in all honesty, im considering selling my mint sr 2.2 mbp i got about two weeks ago as a replacement for my rev a 1.83 mbp, for two thousand some-odd dollars picking up a 12" for like 5-7 hundred, and pocketing the difference...

Agent Smith
Jul 12, 2007, 09:56 AM
For what it's worth, I regret getting rid of my 12" PB. I have the 13" BlackBook, but it just isn't the same. Given the choice, I would upgrade the HD, presuming that everything else is fine on the computer.

NtotheIzoo
Jul 12, 2007, 10:20 AM
For what it's worth, I regret getting rid of my 12" PB. I have the 13" BlackBook, but it just isn't the same. Given the choice, I would upgrade the HD, presuming that everything else is fine on the computer.

I totally agree...I love my 12" PB...it died of graphics card failure, but i'm looking at getting it fixed and that'll probably cost me b/w 100 and 350...but, it was/is my first Mac and it'll work for quite a few more years as a great traveling lappy...just my two cents