PDA

View Full Version : Wow, BuyMusic.com never ceases to amaze me...

simX
Jul 22, 2003, 12:19 PM
Take a look at this article (http://www.macminute.com/2003/07/22/buymusicads), and view the three commercials made by BuyMusic.com .

It never ceases to amaze me how much competitors will rag on Apple for providing such a superior product experience (that was such a blatant ripoff, the guitar smashing one -- I mean look at how big the word "PC" is). Hmm, let's see, BuyMusic.com's downloads don't work on the NUMBER ONE music player, do they (HINT: it's called the iPod)? But they don't hesitate to leave that fact out.

:shrug: Whatever. I'm sure we'll all be vindicated when Apple releases the iTMS for Windows.

Moxiemike
Jul 22, 2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by simX
Take a look at this article (http://www.macminute.com/2003/07/22/buymusicads), and view the three commercials made by BuyMusic.com .

It never ceases to amaze me how much competitors will rag on Apple for providing such a superior product experience (that was such a blatant ripoff, the guitar smashing one -- I mean look at how big the word "PC" is). Hmm, let's see, BuyMusic.com's downloads don't work on the NUMBER ONE music player, do they (HINT: it's called the iPod)? But they don't hesitate to leave that fact out.

:shrug: Whatever. I'm sure we'll all be vindicated when Apple releases the iTMS for Windows.

Interesting that I was just searching through tehir site and saw NO songs for 79 cents. everything was either 89 or 99. Smells likes false advertising to me! :D

(edit) seems the 79 cent one are of fairly unknown bands. And there's a lot of "must buy the album" jobbies on that site too... poop

iJon
Jul 22, 2003, 12:38 PM
ah who cares about tommy lee. the only thing famous about him is his d*ck. i still think it will blow up in their faces. with their strictier drm, but i guess we will have to wait and see.

iJon

janey
Jul 22, 2003, 01:10 PM
their ads so remind me of the iTMS ads, their website reminds me of the iTMS...but it's PC only...just as crappy as everyone else, and it's windows media player only. i can't believe the extent that any company would go to to copy a successful idea. don't they understand that it's still too damned hard to buy music and do stuff with it...apple came up with the perfect idea.
wow, i'm going in a loop, five clicks so far to get to the terms and conditions, and i can't get any further in Safari :rolleyes:
compared with...like two for the iTunes music store.

edit: one download, three transfers and three burns?! what teh hell!!!
$12.89 for the entire OK Computer album! i might as well walk down to best buy and get it for cheaper! haha the release date for that album...1/1/1900 :p

jxyama
Jul 22, 2003, 01:23 PM
it's really funny... i wonder who their marketing guy is. i imagine that it's far, FAR better to advertise simply as "all songs, 99 cents" rather than "starting from 79 cents" because the former lets consumers know EXACTLY what they can expect.

the latter strategy leaves many users frustrated to find that the songs they want isn't 79 cents. i imagine the benefit of favorable "impression" on customers that some songs are cheaper than at iTMS will not outweigh their eventual frustration.

i can't see this succeeding. i guess they will have almost 20 times the market to deal with (95% vs. 5%) so they just need to be 1/20 effective to match iTMS.

tjwett
Jul 22, 2003, 01:23 PM
this might be the most disgusting thing i've ever seen. besides the obviously blantant ripoff of the commercials, hell the entire idea, there is alot more that makes this thing lame. the website is disgusting. it's just plain ugly. the navigation is terrible. it looks like a corporate site for an insurance company or something. it's built with sloppy HTML tables and cheesy javascripts. it looks it was designed last nite by a bunch of interns. this is a jokeypoo compared to the iTMS built into iTunes. and way to go with the Tommy Lee endorsements. a convicted wife beater and drug user wearing a "get loaded" t-shirt. what a wonderful spokesperson! these people have no shame. this whole thing just stinks. but have no fear, the retarded masses will flock to this like sheep. what a joke.

Rower_CPU
Jul 22, 2003, 01:25 PM
Check out this thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32895) for the same discussion.