PDA

View Full Version : Where did the Knights Scurry off to?

Stelliform
Jul 22, 2003, 12:56 PM
I think their mother was a hamster, and their father smelt of elderberries. :p

crazytom
Jul 22, 2003, 01:19 PM
I guess someone brought them a shrubbery....:D

MrMacMan
Jul 22, 2003, 01:38 PM
we have passed their output.

Good for us.

We have been increasing production.

Rower_CPU
Jul 22, 2003, 02:01 PM
Looks like we said "IT" to them enough. ;)

Keep up the good work, team!

mc68k
Jul 22, 2003, 02:28 PM
our team is in the yeller

"none shall pass!"

w007

MrMacMan
Jul 22, 2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by mc68k
our team is in the yeller

"none shall pass!"

w007

:puts staff down:

;)

I can't bevlieve I didn't think of that...

bertinman
Jul 22, 2003, 04:18 PM
their favorite color was green, not blue...

Sir Furry Mark
Jul 22, 2003, 05:49 PM
Don't get complacent - we have just been laying out some new little white picket fences for our shrubberies. :cool:

Just need to work out where we put our coconut shells and we will be after you again... :rolleyes:

Ni! :D

Mr. Anderson
Jul 22, 2003, 05:52 PM
As we all know, things fluctuate, but its nice knowing that we're getting farther from you every day! :D

Be careful who you taunt.....

D

MrMacMan
Jul 22, 2003, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Sir Furry Mark
Don't get complacent - we have just been laying out some new little white picket fences for our shrubberies. :cool:

Just need to work out where we put our coconut shells and we will be after you again... :rolleyes:

So in conclusion -- Run, Run away.

:p

Vlade
Jul 22, 2003, 07:51 PM
Cool, were back up to what we should be! unfortunately I don't have a good monty python quote to say right now, or a smart comment in the monty accent.

Stelliform
Jul 22, 2003, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Sir Furry Mark

I was wondering if you guys were still out there. Thanks for the taunting! It seems to have done a world of good for our team!

Sir Fart
Jul 23, 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform
Thanks for the taunting! It seems to have done a world of good for our team!

You're welcome, but stay tuned. We're just taking a breather, you guys are going down !!! :mad:

Ni !!

Rower_CPU
Jul 23, 2003, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Sir Fart
...We're just taking a breather...

Based on your name, I can only assume that means good things for our team. ;)

Vlade
Jul 23, 2003, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU

Hahaha

:D :D :D

MrMacMan
Jul 23, 2003, 05:53 PM

Yup, they are taking a *big* whiff.

Then then dying afterwards.
ha.

Stelliform
Jul 31, 2003, 08:11 AM
They are coming back....

pEZ
Jul 31, 2003, 03:34 PM
Our points have been so inconsistent lately, i don't know if those stats are doing too well right now. Just keep folding, hopefully the jumps will just iron out over time - and hopefully at a nice 10,000 a day?

Stelliform
Jul 31, 2003, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by pEZ
Our points have been so inconsistent lately, i don't know if those stats are doing too well right now. Just keep folding, hopefully the jumps will just iron out over time - and hopefully at a nice 10,000 a day?

Yep, with my move I am way off on points. I have to get almost all of my machines back on-line. I have started a couple today. We really have some quick new blood on the team.

Sir Fart
Jul 31, 2003, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Stelliform
They are coming back....

Indeed :p .

We're relentless :cool: !

MrMacMan
Aug 1, 2003, 06:51 AM
Indeed :p .

We're relentless :cool: !

Maybe so, but you still have a long way to come.

Mr. Anderson
Aug 1, 2003, 07:10 AM
Well, I've been rendering a lot lately, so I've not been producing that much :(

But I'm small potatoes anyway. Sometime soon I'll be back up and adding my small bit...

D

Sir Furry Mark
Aug 18, 2003, 02:24 PM
* COUGH! * :rolleyes:

Team Rankings -- Top 100
Rank Team Team Name Score WU Count
24 3446 Macrumors.com - Team Folding 956043.1 50509
25 117 The Knights Who Say Ni! 900255.4 29475

Vlade
Aug 18, 2003, 07:36 PM
Uh... we are down to 5K a day, whats going on... we will be passed in no time :(

bertinman
Aug 18, 2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Vlade
Uh... we are down to 5K a day, whats going on... we will be passed in no time :(

well i got toasted... and I dont have time to set the comps up again. the blaster virus hit the lab after all and no one was there to save it...

MrMacMan
Aug 18, 2003, 08:46 PM
A Combo of Blaster + Labs = Tons of PC's Affected and Labs especially because no one around to fix em.

Also that the East Coast is still being affected by the outage.

Hopefully we will rebound.

Powerbook G5
Aug 18, 2003, 08:50 PM
I can't wait until I get my new PowerBook, I'm going to start folding and help the team out the best I can. All those long hours of typing research papers into the long hours of the night might help to settle the score...

Vlade
Aug 18, 2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Powerbook G5
I can't wait until I get my new PowerBook, I'm going to start folding and help the team out the best I can. All those long hours of typing research papers into the long hours of the night might help to settle the score...

Great, every bit counts! If you can get a PC you will get about 4 times the output :(

Kermit
Aug 24, 2003, 07:58 AM
Team KWSN are right in our tail(s). We need to put in some real CPU-horsepower now. I for one am back folding after a long absence. I have during my leave slipped to 114th place but I have my heart bent on returning to the top-100! Wish me luck! :)

MrMacMan
Aug 24, 2003, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Kermit
Team KWSN are right in our tail(s). We need to put in some real CPU-horsepower now. I for one am back folding after a long absence. I have during my leave slipped to 114th place but I have my heart bent on returning to the top-100! Wish me luck! :)

Yes, indeed welcome back!

:D

Sir Fart
Aug 24, 2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
As we all know, things fluctuate, but its nice knowing that we're getting farther from you every day! :D

Be careful who you taunt.....

D

Remember us ?:D

We're baaaaaack !!!! :p

Powerbook G5
Aug 24, 2003, 09:05 PM
Don't farts usually vanish after a while? :)

crazytom
Aug 24, 2003, 09:46 PM

Yes, they do, I guess that they take longer if you're in a) an elevator or b) a forum! Currently these farts should vanish after Sept. 2. Hopefully, we'll get some more labs and G5's crunching in the upcoming year and come back strong! :)

Powerbook G5
Aug 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
*pulls out can of Lysol and sprays the forums* There, better :D

Vlade
Aug 25, 2003, 07:19 AM

Yes, but they farted again :eek: :(

Plutronics
Aug 25, 2003, 08:41 AM
Help, is there a mc68k in the house?
I Have 3 Macs folding using the Graphical Client and want to switch to the Console Version. I don't think I'll have any Problems setting it up using FAH3Console-OSX.tgz ,SP_Folding.dmg-link.dmg and FoldingProgress.jar ( Knock Knock )
My Question / assumption is when my current WU finishes On Each Mac, do i just dump the new / just started WU by dragging the folder to the trash, or does the Console Client pick up the new WU? Just rid the Dock / Desktop of the the Graphical Icons and Start the Console Client?

MrMacMan
Aug 25, 2003, 11:19 AM
Plutronics -- you want to switch *after* the graphical client finishes its WU.

The console version will be installed differently and will ask for a new WU.

After the WU is uploaded then delete the grahpical client and install the console one.

Sir Fart
Aug 25, 2003, 12:22 PM
Considering your Mac orientation, and their renown graphic abilities, I'm always surprised by the "look" of your forum :( .

You guys need some color :) :

http://www.kwsnforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2123&start=0

Plutronics
Aug 25, 2003, 12:33 PM
Thanks MrMacman
I've 2 Macs Finishing WUs by suppertime, hope to scrape a few more cycles out of the of these two. the wife's iMac has 3 users all of whom will give me their cycles !! Just my user does now.
I've an Idea , how big of a USB Drive dongle / key drive dohicky would one need and is it possible to run folding off of the solid state drive so i can let my harddrives spin down and lessen the noise? (etc. ,etc. )???

bousozoku
Aug 25, 2003, 12:56 PM
In the next day or so, you should start to see my points start to rise again, for the first time since April.

Hopefully, it will stave off the Knights that little bit more. :)

Vlade
Aug 25, 2003, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Plutronics
Thanks MrMacman
I've 2 Macs Finishing WUs by suppertime, hope to scrape a few more cycles out of the of these two. the wife's iMac has 3 users all of whom will give me their cycles !! Just my user does now.
I've an Idea , how big of a USB Drive dongle / key drive dohicky would one need and is it possible to run folding off of the solid state drive so i can let my harddrives spin down and lessen the noise? (etc. ,etc. )???

The smallest one should work fine, do they even make anything smaller than 32 or 64 now?

Powerbook G5
Aug 25, 2003, 03:27 PM
I just finished a 250 and a 500 WU today, now working on two 50s that should be done by late dinnertime. By this time tomorrow, I should have double my current output. And this is before I get to school and force my roommates to fold for me, mwahaha!:D

Vlade
Aug 25, 2003, 07:31 PM
I just finished a 250 and a 500 WU today, now working on two 50s that should be done by late dinnertime. By this time tomorrow, I should have double my current output. And this is before I get to school and force my roommates to fold for me, mwahaha!:D

Nice :)

You do realize that there are 9 pointers that are 200 steps, and 54 pointers that are 100 steps? The number really mean nothing, you have to go to the psummery to find out how big the units are.

Kermit
Aug 27, 2003, 05:28 PM
KWSN will overtake us any day now. Where are those G5-monsters at??

Powerbook G5
Aug 27, 2003, 05:40 PM
Well XP crashed again when I was at 92% with a 200 WU and after restarting, I am stuck back at te beginning and only at 8%...this is the 5th time it has crashed and caused me to lose my WU!

Plutronics
Aug 27, 2003, 08:12 PM
So I guess that means our slower G4 turtles will win the race after all? Sorry to hear your crashin', I gave away my Compac Win98 becuse it cost me more time than it saved me. Plutronics runs on a Pismo 400 MHz G3 now. uuuuh, Excell I think it is ! Appleworks Spreadsheet just didn't cut it.

bousozoku
Aug 27, 2003, 10:22 PM
We gotta cut off those knights at the ni! Mac OS X to the rescue. (Imagine that, rescuing a Mac team with Macs!)

Well, my 9 points this morning will make the difference, I'm certain. :D Okay, I suppose all those other points will do it then.

bertinman
Aug 28, 2003, 10:55 AM
Considering your Mac orientation, and their renown graphic abilities, I'm always surprised by the "look" of your forum :( .

You guys need some color :) :

http://www.kwsnforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2123&start=0

I like the mac os x theme. Did you try that? They should prob edit it a little to give it a new panther look to make it snazzier.

bertinman
Aug 28, 2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by bousozoku
We gotta cut off those knights at the ni! Mac OS X to the rescue. (Imagine that, rescuing a Mac team with Macs!)

Well, my 9 points this morning will make the difference, I'm certain. :D Okay, I suppose all those other points will do it then.

I dunno what's going on, but I'm getting a lot of partial credit units (giving me 1 point every once in awhile). I wish the core would be updated again to fix this.

MrMacMan
Aug 28, 2003, 01:44 PM
Guys... if we can keep get near 8,000 Points a day we can hold off 2/3 teams gaining on us... just not Knights...

:(

Kermit
Aug 30, 2003, 10:32 AM
Mc68k has been disturbingly absent the past couple of days. His production is nowhere what it used to be. Does anyone know why? :confused:

Vlade
Aug 30, 2003, 10:38 AM
I don't know, but Rower is making it up! If we can get both of them folding again we can probably get into the yellow again.

Sir Furry Mark
Aug 30, 2003, 10:47 AM
Hmmm....

You are beginning to pick up production quite nicely, but you are going to have to try a lot harder than that! :rolleyes:

bousozoku
Aug 30, 2003, 10:48 AM
They've probably been resetting all the machines in the lab for the start of term. Maybe they've been shifted from mc68k to Rower since they're all the same machines. :)

Rower_CPU
Aug 30, 2003, 11:28 AM
mc68k and I have swapped labs - I'm now getting credit for the PCs and him for the Macs.

You guys will have to ask him what he's doing with them, though. ;)

MrMacMan
Aug 30, 2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by bousozoku
They've probably been resetting all the machines in the lab for the start of term. Maybe they've been shifted from mc68k to Rower since they're all the same machines. :)

Maybe Rower's Machines have finally been re-connected to the internet?

But that would mean low points and a ton of points being droped every 1-3 days... in a cyclic relationship...

:(

But if he did change the machines over.... we have a problem... they are outputting alot worse then before

edit: Damnit Rower!

Posted while I was posting.

bertinman
Aug 30, 2003, 03:14 PM
mc68k and I have swapped labs - I'm now getting credit for the PCs and him for the Macs.

He IS alive!

been awhile ;) :p.

Glad you are back!

(oh yeah, I snooped and went to your website... happy birthday! :))

bertinman
Aug 30, 2003, 03:22 PM

GAH! you are going to pass me now! just realized this!

Rower_CPU
Aug 30, 2003, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by bertinman

Muahahahahaha!!! :D

Now, you know why I was so unenthused when you passed me. ;)

And thanks for the birthday wishes...

Vlade
Aug 30, 2003, 04:26 PM

You know what that means... Get more PCS!!!

bertinman
Aug 30, 2003, 06:30 PM

You know what that means... Get more PCS!!!

I added 15 P4 2.8s today, but they are setup to only fold for a small amount of the time...

Rower, you've got some time to pass me, but I won't go down easy! Silver is my favorite color and I plan to stay in second to keep it! :D

(oo competition is good :))

Raven
Aug 30, 2003, 07:30 PM

He is doing RC5 for xlr8yourmac. Thats why he wanted the Macs :D

Vlade
Aug 30, 2003, 08:00 PM
I added 15 P4 2.8s today, but they are setup to only fold for a small amount of the time...

Rower, you've got some time to pass me, but I won't go down easy! Silver is my favorite color and I plan to stay in second to keep it! :D

(oo competition is good :))

Nice, how much time will they fold, that could be some nice extra points :)

bertinman
Aug 30, 2003, 09:13 PM
Nice, how much time will they fold, that could be some nice extra points :)

not much, gunna try getting them to fold at night and on the weekend

MrMacMan
Aug 30, 2003, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Raven
He is doing RC5 for xlr8yourmac. Thats why he wanted the Macs :D

Oh, I hope not!!

We need those points!!

:D

Kermit
Aug 31, 2003, 05:24 AM
The KWSN-hordes are right outside the gates! Fold for your lives everyone!! Soon all is lost...

Plutronics
Aug 31, 2003, 06:57 AM
I Finished a 9 Pointer this morning on the QS at 230am and am 3% into a 71 Pointer! Also Working on a 52 on the B&W and a 72 on the iMac, both finishing about tuesday ! I should have a 4th mac folding later today and my Pismo hopefully by Tuesday !