Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jxcobra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
Whenever I have Windows XP and Mac OS X open at the same time on my MB only Windows will recognize a CD. For example, if I am running both op systems and I insert a Music CD to be imported to iTunes I will be able to locate the CD in the Windows Drive, but no display appears under OS. Is there any way to solve or get around this problem, such as a way to locate the CD on iTunes in OS? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
VMware (and maybe Parallels) will capture any CDs you insert. To give control back to OS X, go to Virtual Machine > CD/DVD > Disconnect CD/DVD (you can also do this from the CD icon in the status bar). The steps should be similar in Parallels.

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
well, um, but I think the CD will just show up on your desktop. YOu can import, listen, burn from there or through any mac program...maybe I am not getting your question.

jxcobra

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
VMware (and maybe Parallels) will capture any CDs you insert. To give control back to OS X, go to Virtual Machine > CD/DVD > Disconnect CD/DVD (you can also do this from the CD icon in the status bar). The steps should be similar in Parallels.

How to I access Virtual Machine in order to give OS control? This is a pretty newbie question but where is the status bar?

To Flyfish: What I mean is whenever I have Windows open with Parallel OS does not recognize CDs I insert. AKA the CD does not appear in desktop or iTunes on OS X.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.