PDA

View Full Version : iBook Shut-Off Problem

jwhMac28
Jul 16, 2007, 04:58 PM
I apologize if this has been discussed recently, but it's kind of a hard topic to search for. A while back I ran across an article about a problem with iBooks completely shutting off when moved around a certain way, due to a defect. At the time I thought, "Wow, that's pretty terrible for THOSE iBook owners..."

And now it's happening to mine. I have AppleCare so hopefully it will be as easy to fix as a trip to the Genius Bar, but I would like to read up on the situation if I can before I go. Does anyone know where I can find documentation about this? Thanks.

Nukemkb
Jul 16, 2007, 06:11 PM
don't know about documentation...but is your iBook one with a motion sensor?

jwhMac28
Jul 16, 2007, 08:57 PM
No, it's the model right before that, the late '04 model. Are the motion sensor ones the only models with that problem?

jwhMac28
Jul 18, 2007, 01:24 AM
It's happened a couple more times since I wrote about the problem (I guess I really DO need to take it in), but it seems like it's a problem with a short or bad connection or something between the battery and the rest of the computer, as it hasn't happened while it has been plugged in. Maybe this symptom could help someone pinpoint the issue? Thanks.