Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mathwhiz90601

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
SoCal... wannabe Canadian
I've got three, to give you all an idea:

iSaber.gif

imacphone.jpg

imacpro.jpg

vendettabass

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2006
Wellington, New Zealand
imacrf7.jpg

newmacminiprojectzh6.jpg

Concept Idea - Tall profile Mac Mini
I had this idea, instead of the mac mini sitting on its belly, why not cut its footprint and stand it up!
Top: I used the apple cube idea of a vertical slot loading drive
Front: I guess it would be cool for the apple logo to light up, like macbooks etc. IR Receiver and sleep light too
Rear: Pretty similar to the current mini, except with HDMI. Thought about a Mac Pro style mesh instead of the vents on the current mac mini...

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
here are my ipho..err..iPod Gen 6 concepts
~sniping the pictures~
I love it! I would buy that in a heartbeat.

vendettabass said:
~snip the pictures, again~
Concept Idea - Tall profile Mac Mini
I had this idea, instead of the mac mini sitting on its belly, why not cut its footprint and stand it up!
Top: I used the apple cube idea of a vertical slot loading drive
Front: I guess it would be cool for the apple logo to light up, like macbooks etc. IR Receiver and sleep light too
Rear: Pretty similar to the current mini, except with HDMI. Thought about a Mac Pro style mesh instead of the vents on the current mac mini...
I like the idea of a tall Mac Mini. Also if you could turn the light on the Apple off (for those with Mac Mini's in darkened rooms), it would be cool as well.

LeviG

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2006
Norfolk, UK
Rather than adding more files to the server just copied from other threads -

Appologies for the copyright text but I've added it for my own protection.

This is a personal project created in 2004, long time before the current rumblings for the "iPhone"

Size - iPod Mini,
Model Name - NewtonM - in homage to the Newton and the fact its a smartphone rather than a music phone.
OS - OS-Xm

Techniques used to produce imagery.

Initial modelling in solidworks, exported via stl to 3ds max, then its all rendered, nothing apart from the outside border was added in photoshop although the screen was produced in photoshop :)

Attached Thumbnails

and then theres

Right as I was bored today I decided to spend 1.5 hours on a quick knock up taking notice of most of the comments made. Now its not finished and obviously theres fine tuning (ie angles of display when lowered) to be done but this should work nicely for most comments.

Reasons behind design
imac lamp was recognised a design classic
apple are not afraid to take a step back on design - see nano g2
needed tilt/pivot to save movements - main complaint with cinema displays etc
black is currently very fashionable for apple and as this is a "high" end product it would get the premium treatment
simple single wire into "head"
all additional ports are in a breakout box which I admit to not modelling but its the size of an apple tv in black

Now I know this isn't perfect and I'm more than prepared for criticism
biggrin.gif

And yes I know I have more design experience but hey he challenged me
rolleyes.gif
from the fabled multitouch imac thread :)

Attached Thumbnails

nplima

macrumors 6502a
Apr 26, 2006
UK
iPhone

anyone up for drawing my "iPhone nano"?

- it's shaped like iPod Shuffle 2G but longer and fits around your ear, like a bluetooth headset;
- has a small 3 line LCD to show what number is being dialed/caller ID;
- has a clickwheel to pick numbers from the phone list (previously imported from a computer);

:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.