Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
Why do you say that?

Well, like I said, I'm not sure, but the iPhone did cost $600. I don't think any of its components are very expensive except the touchscreen? :confused:

Also, don't you think that if they could use multitouch, they would? But looking at recent rumours and things it looks like the iPhone nano is going to be using a Click Wheel instead. Maybe because a multitouch screen would be too expensive and wouldn't be justified in a simple device like this one, if you could just pay an extra $100 to cover the extra cost it takes for Apple to make a full-fledged iPhone. The multitouch screen is the most attractive feature of the iPhone, and it seems that Apple has chosen to omit it in the iPhone nano. I can only imagine one reason... :confused:

And cleanup, i Really like your mockup, really nice work!

Thanks! Yours is nice too. Looks better than the iPhone itself IMO. :)

theman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 26, 2007
attachment.php

Here's my personal favorite - here's hoping it's released soon!

haha, i remember that from HERE.

lols. hahaha.

ezpk69

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2007
Did anybody lose a 7G iPod (400GB)?

Found this in an elevator...
ipod7G.jpg

500,000 songs... in your backpack.

korndog2003

macrumors regular
May 31, 2007
Keyser, WV, USA
imacrf7.jpg

newmacminiprojectzh6.jpg

Concept Idea - Tall profile Mac Mini
I had this idea, instead of the mac mini sitting on its belly, why not cut its footprint and stand it up!
Top: I used the apple cube idea of a vertical slot loading drive
Front: I guess it would be cool for the apple logo to light up, like macbooks etc. IR Receiver and sleep light too
Rear: Pretty similar to the current mini, except with HDMI. Thought about a Mac Pro style mesh instead of the vents on the current mac mini...

Wow that iMac really resemble the real one!!!

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
This is my personal want.

Aluminum unibody with iBook-like rubber edges. The rear is curved to allow it to slip into a case and be carried with your hand under that edge without discomfort. The color schemes could theoretically be more diverse than the iBook. The aluminum can be anodized in many colors and the rubber and plastic can be pigmented as well. The Apple (only upside-down as an homage to the iBook ;) ) is colored but also backlit. Nothing like a rainbow of glowing Apples! I sure would appreciate the ability to have flexibility as far as color schemes go *please Steve, puh-weeeez!*

Now the interesting part. This isn't necessarily a laptop. The screen can be opened to beyond 300 degrees, which would allow it to be propped up much like a ladder. The keyboard would be removable and use Bluetooth as well as some sort of tracking device, still blank on that =\ likely the entire board would be touch-activated and include the trackpad and keyboard on one screen, iPhone style. The vents, when propped to the desktop mode, would point straight up, allowing even better ventillation.

Basically it would turn your MacBook into the old LCD Apple Studio Display with the adjustable leg at the back.

I present the long absent

Macintosh!

anonmac.jpg

Whadayathank!

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
Sounds a bit too complicated and busy. The reason why Apple is so successful is because they eliminate everything that is unnecessary. At least, that's what Jonny Ives says.

Although, it does sound like the next great version of the Dell Adamo! :D

MrCheeto

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2008
Nah, if anybody is going to create the convertable notebook it's going to be Apple and it's going to be at LEAST 60,832 times better than anything we could ever imagine, by law.

iCheddar

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2007
South Dakota
If the new iPhone doesn't adopt a design like this, I'll be supremely disappointed.

Have you guys seen the HTC HD2? That thing is almost entirely screen. Though its running Windoze Mobile 6.5, the hardware itself is absolutely beautiful.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.