PDA

View Full Version : Aaaaaaaaaaaaa My Movie Files

couch potato
Jul 24, 2003, 01:48 AM
I was gonna watch a few quicktime movies i have. So i go into my movie folder, and none of them have the quicktime icon. some have the Final Cut Express icon, and when i want to watch them they open in Final Cut Express. Some have the iTunes icon, and they start up iTunes. some have nothing. Does anyone know what could have caused this?:(

arn
Jul 24, 2003, 01:58 AM
not sure.

Hilight them all in Finder
Get Info

change Open With... to Quicktime
Change All

arn

MacBandit
Jul 24, 2003, 02:06 AM
When you installed one program or another it asked you if you wanted to change the associations and you must have hit yes.

Just do what Arn suggested.

Nermal
Jul 24, 2003, 02:08 AM
You can also right click the files and use Open With if you just want to use QuickTime once, and keep the default of FCE/iTunes.

Gus
Jul 24, 2003, 02:11 AM
Or, just drag them onto the Quicktime app icon. This is more time consuming than other suggestions, but it will also work.

Regards,
Gus

couch potato
Jul 24, 2003, 01:36 PM
now it seems as though all my other quicktime files open with the OS 9 quicktime.....so i think i must have deleted quicktime for OS X?? thx ill try those things

MacBandit
Jul 24, 2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by couch potato
now it seems as though all my other quicktime files open with the OS 9 quicktime.....so i think i must have deleted quicktime for OS X?? thx ill try those things

Quicktime in OSX could just have a permissions error preventing your use and the system from using it. Try running a permissions repair. Also delete your cache files in your user folder/library/cache. You may not want to delete your browser cache just be aware that it's in there too.