PDA

View Full Version : Dog Eats More than $800 in Cash

rdowns
Jul 19, 2007, 07:29 PM
Link (http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=100319)

When the two women woke up, the dog had dug into the purse, and devoured more than $800 cash.

Some pieces were spread around the house — and some were left in the backyard, after Peppy swallowed the money and did her business.

"Pretty soon (I) came to a pile, that had a fifty dollar bill hanging out, part of a fifty, and I said 'gosh, look at that,'" Hulleman laughed. "There were lots of piles with money hanging out there, so I had to save it, rinse it, strain it."

The dog owner taped together the remnants she recovered, and swapped the mangled bills for more than $700 bucks worth of fresh currency at a local bank.

Hulleman is hanging on to half a one hundred dollar bill, in hopes she will recover the other portion. She is less optimistic that Pepper Ann will turn over a new leaf.

Airforce
Jul 19, 2007, 07:37 PM
Pretty ****** situation. :p

Vuzie
Jul 19, 2007, 07:39 PM
geez, what did she do? Dip the cash in gravy?

Gymnut
Jul 19, 2007, 09:13 PM
Well a study earlier had concluded that a lot currency in circulation was contaminated with trace amounts of fecal contamination. Add puppy poo to the mix and voila!

Royale w/cheese
Jul 19, 2007, 09:18 PM

I dip all my cash in gravy, and put splenda on my credit cards.

Sun Baked
Jul 19, 2007, 09:34 PM
I think the Treasury would have done all the dirty work for her, free.

Just send the shreds, and the piles of poo and they will send back clean cash.

MacNut
Jul 19, 2007, 09:42 PM
Talks about money going to waste.:p

yg17
Jul 19, 2007, 09:50 PM
Well a study earlier had concluded that a lot currency in circulation was contaminated with trace amounts of fecal contamination. Add puppy poo to the mix and voila!

So the old saying "He has so much money he can wipe his ass with it" must be true then :D

ugh.....disgusting thought. Thats why I use debit and rarely carry cash

Royale w/cheese
Jul 19, 2007, 09:55 PM
I think the Treasury would have done all the dirty work for her, free.

Really, they do that? Who would trust them though? Kind of like the IRS doing your taxes for free. :)

Sun Baked
Jul 19, 2007, 10:00 PM
Really, they do that? Who would trust them though? Kind of like the IRS doing your taxes for free. :)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2001/06/2001-06-03-money.htm

Guess they don't take the scat, so you still have to strain it.

PlaceofDis
Jul 19, 2007, 10:04 PM
just another reason why i rarely ever have cash on me.

zflauaus
Jul 19, 2007, 10:14 PM
They'll be paying out the ass for fines. :D

And this is why when I'm 16, I'm switching to check/debit card. Except for school lunch. ;)

Abstract
Jul 19, 2007, 10:42 PM

Hmm....maybe, but it's definitely too much money to spend on that bitch.

Did the government just start a money laundering service?

Mac One
Jul 19, 2007, 11:13 PM
$800 US (I assume) is a lot of notes to have in your purse

Maybe they were going to buy an iPhone plus accesories the next day?

Royale w/cheese
Jul 19, 2007, 11:57 PM
http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2001/06/2001-06-03-money.htm

Guess they don't take the scat, so you still have to strain it.

Whoa, i should shred a dollar with a phone book and see what they do with it. :D

MacNut
Jul 20, 2007, 12:04 AM
They will only replace money if you can show them both serial numbers and at least 75% of the bill.

Royale w/cheese
Jul 20, 2007, 12:10 AM
They will only replace money if you can show them both serial numbers and at least 75% of the bill.

I was kidding, but the article did say a grandma shredded some money and they honored it, but how good could a decrepit old hand and some scissors do anyway.

MacNut
Jul 20, 2007, 12:17 AM
I found this.
Bureau of Engraving and Printing. (http://www.bep.treas.gov/section.cfm/8/39)

wakka092
Jul 20, 2007, 12:45 AM
They'll be paying out the ass for fines. :D

And this is why when I'm 16, I'm switching to check/debit card. Except for school lunch. ;)

Funny you say that, I am nearly 16 and have two debit cards. Selling things on eBay makes life so much easier. 21st century lemonade stand!

I am suprised the bank took money that was once in a pile of dog ****.
Who here would dig $50 from a pile of dog crap? I wouldn't..

Royale w/cheese
Jul 20, 2007, 12:48 AM
Who here would dig $50 from a pile of dog crap? I wouldn't..

I would. But only because I have raised dogs for my whole life. I have dug worse things for less. :D

wakka092
Jul 20, 2007, 12:56 AM
I would. But only because I have raised dogs for my whole life. I have dug worse things for less. :D

Well it depends how poor I would be.
Oh, I love your name. And Plup Fiction!

Royale w/cheese
Jul 20, 2007, 01:04 AM
Well it depends how poor I would be.
Oh, I love your name. And Plup Fiction!
Thanks wakka, is yours a salute to fozzy bear? imac with cheese was my first choice though (already taken), I registered at like 4 in the morning, then remembered a royale was a quarter pounder.

I am only poor because of my mac habit.

Tell me if your dog ever eats a fifty. :)

wakka092
Jul 20, 2007, 01:32 AM
No, wakka is from a video game I played once. It was easy to remember, so I went for it.

No Macs yet.. Because of this iPhone and my inability to save money.. :p

And you're welcome to any bills I find in the backyard.

Gymnut
Jul 20, 2007, 05:25 AM
So the old saying "He has so much money he can wipe his ass with it" must be true then :D

ugh.....disgusting thought. Thats why I use debit and rarely carry cash

Yes, makes you wonder when people sniff their money as if to soak up the aroma of cash. Little do they know..:p

yg17
Jul 20, 2007, 06:21 AM
Yes, makes you wonder when people sniff their money as if to soak up the aroma of cash. Little do they know..:p

LOL.

For any Married with Children fans, now we know how Peggy was able to sniff out Al's money :D

dmw007
Jul 20, 2007, 06:21 AM
Being a banker myself, I would hate to have been the poor teller who took that money in... :eek: <-- vomit smilie.

MacNut
Jul 20, 2007, 11:03 AM
Being a banker myself, I would hate to have been the poor teller who took that money in... http://deephousepage.com/smilies/puke.gif <-- vomit smilie.Fixed that for you.:p

Macmaniac
Jul 20, 2007, 11:16 AM
Thats one expensive ****.

mahashel
Jul 20, 2007, 04:33 PM
Reminds me of that old urban legend (perhaps not terribly inaccurate) that stated the two most abundant substances covering our paper currency are: feces and cocaine.

I'm impressed that someone who had $800 cash in their purse was willing to go through dog crap to get their money back. Perhaps I'm over-simplifying things, but I'd assume if I could afford to carry 800 smackers of mad money around, I could afford to just "let it go". :D

iBlue
Jul 21, 2007, 03:51 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/1A469a Safari/419.3)
I'm impressed that someone who had $800 cash in their purse was willing to go through dog crap to get their money back. Perhaps I'm over-simplifying things, but I'd assume if I could afford to carry 800 smackers of mad money around, I could afford to just "let it go". :D

Not necessarily. There have been a few times I had a substantial amount of cash on my ordinarily broke person because I was buying something I saved for or sold.

Stupid dogs, they'll eat anything. My neighbour's dog ate rocks... on three separate occasions! Thousands later those garden rocks are probably more expensive than cocaine.

Gymnut
Jul 21, 2007, 07:12 AM
LOL.

For any Married with Children fans, now we know how Peggy was able to sniff out Al's money :D

Correct me if I'm wrong, did Al hide the money in the toilet?

dmw007
Jul 21, 2007, 09:33 AM
Fixed that for you.:p

Thanks MacNut, I did not have enough time to do it myself. :p :) :)