PDA

View Full Version : I need some serious iPod help

ZildjianKX
Jul 24, 2003, 09:33 PM
I just got my new iPod in the mail today, and I plugged it in via USB to my PC and the iPod update software saw it, so I clicked up upgrade to update the firmware. It said it would format the iPod, etc... 99% of the way done it froze, and my ipod had the little check box icon on the screen and said okay to disconnect. I left it for over an hour and still it didn't finish. I took it off the craddle and it was frozen, nada. I did a reset to the iPod and now it just turns on and shows an Apple logo, shows an image of the connector with an arrow... then shuts off... windows doesn't see it, nada... anyone have any advice, or is my iPod screwed?

ZildjianKX
Jul 24, 2003, 10:41 PM
Fixed it... was having trouble charging and that was one of the issues with it... they don't send out iPods with any juice in the batteries?

Rezet
Jul 24, 2003, 10:43 PM
My policy is very simple. RETURN IT! they want very good money for their products, they better deliver.
I usualy exchange without thinking if something goes wrong.
Especially if its only a few days old.

rainman::|:|
Jul 24, 2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by ZildjianKX
Fixed it... was having trouble charging and that was one of the issues with it... they don't send out iPods with any juice in the batteries?

Which is mentioned at least once in the documentation.

pnw

alia
Jul 24, 2003, 11:07 PM
He doesn't need to return it. I had the same issue with my PC ipod when it ran out of juice. This was before the USB cable, so you couldn't charge and connect at the same time.

Just charge it up and it'll be fine!

Alia

ZildjianKX
Jul 24, 2003, 11:35 PM
Does anyone else's screen seem to ghost a little and look a little streaky? I know there are two different screens, blue and grey... which is suppose to be better?