PDA

View Full Version : Sony-Ericsson T616, where to get it and is it good?

WannabeSQ
Jul 24, 2003, 11:44 PM
I have been waiting for the T610, and it is finally out (Well, it was available to purchase, but it was over $500, no plan, and was sold on ebay, and for me, $500 is too much to risk on ebay) anyways, now it is out, and its sibling the T616. From what I understand, the T616 is a more "north american" phone in that it uses GSM 850 instead of GSM 900 as in the T610. They both use GSM 1800 and GsM 1900. Ive found the T616 from cingular's website for $200, and the T610 from Amazon through t-Mobile for $99 after rebate. Are there any other deals out there? I think I'd rather have the T616 and Cingular, cause of the reception, and Cingular has free nights and weekends, tmobile only has free weekends.

So, are there any deals out there for a T616? (or does somebody know something that I don't and I should get the T610?)

WannabeSQ
Jul 25, 2003, 03:13 AM
I should also add, the T616 isn't listed on the iSync page, only the T610. They are practically identical, so I would assume it would work, but you never know.

panphage
Jul 25, 2003, 04:03 AM
I think they are identical enough that isync shouldn't care. I'm going to go look at cingular, but I really hope ATT wireless goes and supports this danged phone. I guess I could buy a cracked one...but then no deals from the telco for getting a service plan.

panphage
Jul 25, 2003, 04:11 AM
Jeepers, sorry about the double post. :confused:

scem0
Jul 25, 2003, 07:23 AM
If you are able to sign up for a new service then I would suggest going to amazon.

They have some great deals of some great phones if you sign up for a service when you buy the phone.

I reeeeeeeally need a new phone, and I am at the end of a contract with a service provider (cingular I think), so I am gunna get a new phone from Amazon and a new service. :)

scem0

WannabeSQ
Jul 27, 2003, 03:49 AM
Amazon doesn't sell Cingular plans. They have everything but cingular sprint and verizon.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can get the t616 for less than $200 and preferably with just a one year commitment, but if the phone is cheap enough, a 2 year one is fine. Ive only found it on the cingular page, and from overseas sites. Anybody know something I don't?

scem0
Jul 27, 2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by WannabeSQ
Amazon doesn't sell Cingular plans. They have everything but cingular sprint and verizon.

Anyways, does anyone know where I can get the t616 for less than $200 and preferably with just a one year commitment, but if the phone is cheap enough, a 2 year one is fine. Ive only found it on the cingular page, and from overseas sites. Anybody know something I don't?

Cingular sucks anyways :rolleyes:, that's what I'm on and I am going to go to something else and get a free phone from Amazon. And maybe even get $100 in the process:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006LEMZ/ref=ase_weeno/002-2884767-3048824?v=glance&s=wireless

scem0

idkew
Jul 27, 2003, 10:15 AM
the T61* is basically a replacement for the T68*. Has anyone played with one? Is it faster than the doggedly slow T68? Is the reception better than the horrible T68?

I am really thinking of buying a T616, but I need to know that it has better reception than the T68. I have to sit by my window in my place to talk on the phone. That is really annoying.

Vector
Jul 27, 2003, 11:19 AM
From what i have heard the menus are faster than they were on the t68

I was also thinking of getting one of these, but does anyone know how the reception on this one is compared to the t68i or to nokia phones.

I want the t616 because of the bluetooth functionality and sony-ericsson's wireless bluetooth headsets, but if the reception isn't any better than the t68 i may have to go with a nokia as i know their reception is good.

idkew
Jul 27, 2003, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Vector

I want the t616 because of the bluetooth functionality and sony-ericsson's wireless bluetooth headsets, but if the reception isn't any better than the t68 i may have to go with a nokia as i know their reception is good.

exactly my reason, except i have a jabra freespeak headset. plus, i use iCal and Address Book on my Mac and need one that syncs through bluetooth with these apps.

monkeydo_jb
Jul 31, 2003, 06:54 PM
Just 3 days ago I got my t610 from T-Mobile.

It only cost $100 after rebates from Amazon. So far this phone is nothing short of awesome. It does have a few shortcomings, however.

Namely, RF reception and screen visibility are its two main weaknesses. When I'm inside at work I simply cannot get any signal, but as soon as I hit the front door- boom, full signal. Also, sometimes the signal fluctuates wildly. It shows fingerprints everywhere, too.

The best things about the phone are the amazing color screen- 65000 colors, polyphonic ringtones, bluetooth (paired w/the sallingclicker, oh yeah!), themes, and size.

I have heard, though, that the t616 on Cingular's network gets better reception, as it was tweaked for the north american market.

Hope that helps at least someone.

-jeff

WannabeSQ
Jul 31, 2003, 08:23 PM
The reception issue is one reason why I am leaning towards the t616 and Cingular. Also Cingular has nights and weekends, tmobile has just weekends. For the same monthly cost and same anytime minutes too.

ANyone know how the t616 will work in the southern california area (the valley)?

iJon
Jul 31, 2003, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by idkew
the T61* is basically a replacement for the T68*. Has anyone played with one? Is it faster than the doggedly slow T68? Is the reception better than the horrible T68?

I am really thinking of buying a T616, but I need to know that it has better reception than the T68. I have to sit by my window in my place to talk on the phone. That is really annoying.
you know, i was told many of these things before i got my t68i. im thinking a firmware update solved this. out of the box my menus abd pressing buttons were instant, i never have a waiting symbol or anything. and i get clear calls all around town and everywhere sprint couldnt. but it doesnt really matter. just to let you know i think a firmware update fixed that.

iJon

LimeLite
Jul 31, 2003, 09:16 PM
Yeah, my t68i works great, I love the phone. I'm thinking of getting a t616 just because I want the better screen, but I wouldn't get rid of my t68. I'd use it every now and then still. I was surprised when I heard people saying that they had such a bad experience with it.

Also, avoid t-mobile if possible. I've heard from a variety of people that the service is less than par. It's my experience that Verizon and ATT have the best service.

ibookin'
Aug 1, 2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by LimeLite
Also, avoid t-mobile if possible. I've heard from a variety of people that the service is less than par. It's my experience that Verizon and ATT have the best service.

Only problem is that Verizon doesn't have the Sony Ericsson phones. Sigh... :(

MacManDan
Aug 1, 2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ibookin'
Only problem is that Verizon doesn't have the Sony Ericsson phones. Sigh... :(

That is untrue. Verizon already has the T61c (in some areas), but I don't think its a very good phone. Pretty rudimentary, compared to others.

Verizon is getting the Sony Ericsson t606 (not released yet). iSync works with the t608 (from Sprint PCS), which has bluetooth. The t606 is identical to the t608, minus bluetooth. Stupid verizon. I still want the phone though .. it looks great.

The reason Verizon and Sprint have gotten so few phones is because Sony Ericsson has not made many CDMA phones. They usually focus on GSM. The t608 is actually the first CDMA phone with bluetooth built in. Neat phones, I think. I can't wait for them to come out.

idkew
Aug 2, 2003, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by iJon
you know, i was told many of these things before i got my t68i. im thinking a firmware update solved this. out of the box my menus abd pressing buttons were instant, i never have a waiting symbol or anything. and i get clear calls all around town and everywhere sprint couldnt. but it doesnt really matter. just to let you know i think a firmware update fixed that.

iJon

how do i get a firmware update?

i have been tring to do this, but everyone (t-mobile, s-e) says they don't do it?!?!

idkew
Aug 3, 2003, 12:04 AM
also- can someone let us (me) know how reception on the t616 is please.

iJon
Aug 3, 2003, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by idkew
how do i get a firmware update?

i have been tring to do this, but everyone (t-mobile, s-e) says they don't do it?!?!
you can be daring and do it youself or send it back to sony ericsson and they will do it for you.

iJon

idkew
Aug 3, 2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by iJon
you can be daring and do it youself or send it back to sony ericsson and they will do it for you.

iJon

and how may i do it myself?

WannabeSQ
Aug 5, 2003, 10:52 PM
back on topic, does anyone know where I can get a t616 with anything less than a 2 year agreement? The cheapest ive found (and only place that sells it with a plan) is the cingular website, and it is $150 with a trade in of an old phone, which I have plenty of. Any better deals? or should I just bite the bullet and get it?

Also, how does everyone feel about camera phones and sending pictures? It sounds cool, and one of my friends has one, but it is an extra $7 a month. I guess it would be cool have the internet on my phone, to look up movie times etc, but is there real value to it?

Mr. G4
Aug 6, 2003, 12:15 AM
The reception issue is one reason why I am leaning towards the t616 and Cingular. Also Cingular has nights and weekends, tmobile has just weekends. For the same monthly cost and same anytime minutes too.

ANyone know how the t616 will work in the southern california area (the valley)?

Actually if you take the plan with 600 anytime minute at $39.99 Nights and Weekend are free on Tmobil

ZildjianKX
Aug 6, 2003, 12:17 AM
I got the T616 from Cingular... paid $150 for it after the trade-in... I'll be on my third T616 soon... :(

First one was getting weird reception and had some dead pixels...

Second one had some more dead pixels and the camera had a bleaching "skunk" white stripe effect... very uncool. Wish me luck that the third one is the charm.

WannabeSQ
Aug 6, 2003, 12:23 AM
well, ok, but the T Mobile one is the t610, which I dont think will have as great reception as the t616 cause the t616 uses GSM 850, and the t610 uses GSM 900, which is not used in the US. Also, I only need the 300 minute plan, as I don't use my phone all that much (my current verizon plan is for 60 mins!!!) so for my purposes the T Mobile plan is out. Not to mention that with T Mobile the phone costs more out of pocket, and a higher activation fee. the Cingular phone is $200 with a $50 mail in rebate, the T Mobile is $300 and I can only get the $120 rebate cause I cant afford the $39.95/MO plan and i dont need the minutes.

idkew
Aug 6, 2003, 02:34 AM
well, ok, but the T Mobile one is the t610, which I dont think will have as great reception as the t616 cause the t616 uses GSM 850, and the t610 uses GSM 900, which is not used in the US. Also, I only need the 300 minute plan, as I don't use my phone all that much (my current verizon plan is for 60 mins!!!) so for my purposes the T Mobile plan is out. Not to mention that with T Mobile the phone costs more out of pocket, and a higher activation fee. the Cingular phone is $200 with a $50 mail in rebate, the T Mobile is $300 and I can only get the $120 rebate cause I cant afford the $39.95/MO plan and i dont need the minutes.

your logic makes no sense.

you want a $300 phone for only MINIMAL use. You can afford to buy a $300 phone, but can't afford $40 a month.

why not just get the cheapest phones since you barely use it? this is not a priceless sports car. this is an expensive consumer electronic device which will depreciate almost immediately to nothing. why buy it if you don't use it?

WannabeSQ
Aug 6, 2003, 08:12 PM
I did not say I am not going to use it, I am saying that I dont need an excessive amount of minutes. Also, one of the reasons I want this phone is for bluetooth connectivity, for both the headset, and for syncing/controlling my computer wirelessly. For the wireless control, I do not need to use airtime. And also, the phone is not $300 it is $200 plus a $50 mail in rebate. I can make a one time splurge, but an extra $10 a month adds up for 2 years, $240 more to be exact, for minutes I don't need.

ZildjianKX
Aug 6, 2003, 08:43 PM
I just returned my 2nd T616, and I was so pissed about it I got a Motorola T720... and let me tell you it blows the reception of my T616 away. I was getting zero bars in my apartment 2 blocks from a Cingular tower... I haven't gone anywhere in my town and not gotten 4-5 bars with the Motorola phone... even in buildings. I thought everyone was exagerating when they were saying how bad SE reception is... they weren't. A sweet phone doesn't do you a lot of good if you can't talk on it. Cheers.

shalomii
Sep 29, 2003, 03:42 AM

xjohn
Sep 29, 2003, 08:11 AM
iJon,

I'm also curious as to how to do the firmware update myself. Any pointers? I'm willing to be daring.

I've got a t68 and am frustrated by the slow menus. I've been told that it's possible to update the firmware, but I'm not sure how to go about it.

jermsmingy
Sep 29, 2003, 09:20 AM
The apple website doesn't show it as supported but the T616 is supported
http://www.sonyericsson.com/us/spg.jsp?page=start

evolu
Sep 29, 2003, 11:30 AM
btw - the t616 does work with isync - I read that on apple's discussion forum a couple of days ago. I'm replacing my t68 with it. Anything's faster than the t68!

Also, updating your firmware does cost a little cash - like $50. That's the last I heard.

NatronB
Sep 29, 2003, 11:45 AM
Somewhat on topic:

I, likewise, am thinking about buying a T616 and switching from godawful Sprint to AT&T (I live in DC).

Prob. is I wanna keep my cell phone number (business cards and such), I heard this is going to be federally mandated on Nov. 24, but it might cost some people, monthly.

Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks,

-N

LimeLite
Sep 30, 2003, 01:17 PM
Just so you all know, ATT now offers the T616 for only $50 after rebate! Amazing. I'm very close to getting one, but has anyone had any experience with the T616 and ATT in particular? All I've heard about is Cingular...

NatronB: I'd expect, if anything, for it to be a 1 time charge, not monthly. Although I don't get the logic at all. If I don't like T-Mobile, and I like ATT...to keep my number, I have to pay ATT to give them my business? The companies are still figuring out the kinks I think...

patrick0brien
Sep 30, 2003, 01:28 PM
Just so you all know, ATT now offers the T616 for only $50 after rebate! Amazing. I'm very close to getting one, but has anyone had any experience with the T616 and ATT in particular? All I've heard about is Cingular...

-LimeLite

Yes, I was looking at buying a T616 for my AT&T service. Iv'e been with AT&T for many years and feal the strongest point is the customer service, even if the coverage is purely average.

As for the T610(T616), I wound up not getting on even though I really wanted it. Here are the reasons:

1. Comperable to the T68i reception-wise, biggest killer.
2. Screen is impossible to read in bright sunlight
3. the T616 is a "North American" version of the T610. Instead of the world-standard 900,1800 and 1900mhz triband GSM, the T616 lowers the 900mhz to 850mhz. It's supposed to improve reception in north America - but even then, only brings it up to T68 standards. It also means it's not a true "World Phone" as a result. - I travel, so I need the 900/1800/1900 true triband - no band-aids.

Here's a review from a European-based reviewer :Mobile Burn T610 Review (http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=391)

LimeLite
Sep 30, 2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-LimeLite

Yes, I was looking at buying a T616 for my AT&T service. Iv'e been with AT&T for many years and feal the strongest point is the customer service, even if the coverage is purely average.

As for the T610(T616), I wound up not getting on even though I really wanted it. Here are the reasons:

1. Comperable to the T68i reception-wise, biggest killer.
2. Screen is impossible to read in bright sunlight
3. the T616 is a "North American" version of the T610. Instead of the world-standard 900,1800 and 1900mhz triband GSM, the T616 lowers the 900mhz to 850mhz. It's supposed to improve reception in north America - but even then, only brings it up to T68 standards. It also means it's not a true "World Phone" as a result. - I travel, so I need the 900/1800/1900 true triband - no band-aids.

Here's a review from a European-based reviewer :Mobile Burn T610 Review (http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=391)
Yeah, I've read the review, and I linked to it on the first page of this thread. I know that the reviewer said the reception with the T616 would be the same as a T68i, but that's what I have so I wouldn't mind that. Also, he altered his review to say that it wasn't impossible to see in some light, it just depended on the contrast setting you had on the phone. But I'm really more interested in an actual experience of someone using one on an ATT network, not from a review site.

patrick0brien
Sep 30, 2003, 02:50 PM
Yeah, I've read the review, and I linked to it on the first page of this thread.

-LimeLite

Actually, I think that was a different thread, but I remember the one you are talking about.

LimeLite
Sep 30, 2003, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-LimeLite

Actually, I think that was a different thread, but I remember the one you are talking about.
Ah, sorry, you're absolutely right. Too many t616 threads going around!

patrick0brien
Sep 30, 2003, 03:49 PM
Ah, sorry, you're absolutely right. Too many t616 threads going around!

-LimeLite

That's precisely why I started that new thread (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40058) about it - I got tired of posting these things since all the way back in August. (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36401) I enjoy helping others, but I do get a little tired of duplication of effort. Hopefully our little Mobile Burn (http://www.mobileburn.com) secret will cull the herd so to speak.

(those links were intended for others to catch up upon, not aimed at you LimeLite :D )

Decembering
Sep 30, 2003, 04:04 PM
Amazon offers both the T610 (with T-Mobile) and the T616 (with AT&T). As of today, the T610 is going for $70 and the T616 is free (both after rebates).

I ordered the T610 last Friday and am supposed to get it some time this week. My girlfriend uses T-Mobile and says the reception in Pittsburgh is on par with Sprint (my current provider). I'm hoping that the reception problems some folks have mentioned regarding the T610 are more coverage-related as opposed to phone-related -- 'cause the T610 is a pretty sweet little phone.

Vector
Sep 30, 2003, 04:04 PM
I posted in this thread several months ago as i was also thinking of getting a t616. Well the thread got very little attention and i couldnt find very much unbiased information on the phone so i bought one anyway figuring i could return it if i didnt like it.

well i love my t616 and it gets very good reception. the reception is better than it is on the motorola phones that all of my friends have (they constantly have to go outside or press themselves up against a window to hear clearly). now, of course, it is not on par with nokias reception but niether are very many other phones. i am in indiana for school but also travel a good bit throughout the nation and the service is good. every call that i have made so far has had perfect clarity both on my end and on the other persons phone.

my good luck with reception may be partly because of cingular's network in indiana which is extensive, but it seems to work fine in other places as well.

the only real complaint that i heard and that i can confirm is the difficulty to see the screen in direct sunlight, but it has been overstated and isnt really that big of a problem.

as patrickobrien mentioned it is not a world phone, but as long as you do not travel overseas often that shouldn't be a problem.

redcat72
Oct 2, 2003, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Vector
as patrickobrien mentioned it is not a world phone, but as long as you do not travel overseas often that shouldn't be a problem. [/B]
Does this mean that the T616 will not work at all overseas, or just work poorly? I keep getting different answers from the AT&T staff. I do plan to visit Europe in the next year or two, and I want my new phone to work over there.

I'm a current customer and want to keep my number, but upgrade to a T616 - looks like I am stuck paying $199, but at least I can get the rebate. Wish amazon allowed current customers to buy at that price. :(

patrick0brien
Oct 2, 2003, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by redcat72
Does this mean that the T616 will not work at all overseas, or just work poorly?

-redcat72

It'll work, ont he 1800mhz and 1900mhz bands, which is to say your reception won't be great as most GSM communications are on the 900mhz band.

redcat72
Oct 2, 2003, 02:09 PM
Ok, so it will work, just not very well. That's not too bad, as it won't be of vital importance, but more for convenience while traveling. Better than having a phone that won't work at all, I suppose. Thanks for the info!

I have heard that coverage will be hit & miss in the US since the T616 is not dual band, and the GSM network is not all over the place yet. I imagine it will be more prevalant in the future, right? But that shouldn't be a problem as I'm in the DC/Balt area mostly.
Thanks!

Soma_Addict
Oct 2, 2003, 03:53 PM
I have the T616 with cingular. I live in san francisco, california and i get pretty good reception. I havent had any problems with my phone like some of the other posters of this thread have been talking about.

The reception up here isnt amazing, but i am always atleast have 2 or 3 bars. Out on the street it is usually full.

The T616 synced with my new powerbook 15" perfectly through iSync.

I got the phone by doing the $50 tradein upgrade thingy with cingular. Watch out though. When you do it you have to pay $232~ dollars and there is an $18 upgrade fee. so you are really paying $200 after the rebate.

Hope that helps.

blackpeter
Oct 2, 2003, 09:30 PM
I've owned a T616 (AT&T) for about 48 hours and since I've been home sick with strep throat, I've had a lot of time to play around with this thing. Here's what I think so far.

The Good
- great design that fits better in a pocket than any phone I've owned before (lightweight, compact, and pretty to look at)
- good GUI is intuitive and fairly easy to navigate (except AT&T's M-mode, which seems to want to trap you into extra minutes once you've signed on)
- great features including Bluetooth (iSync!), email (I use my .Mac account) and a cameraphone that takes decent pictures
- awesome acessories like the Bluetooth wireless headset (too bad it will cost me more than I paid for the actual phone)

The Bad
- reception isn't as good as external antenna'd phones I've used including the Motorolla v60's and my previous Sprint phones
- AOL IM is barely usable (I can't imagine that people actually have real conversations using this feature) - I'm wondering if anyone has any tips on IM'ing with the T616?
- sometimes the voicemail icon will remain on long after I've cleared my inbox (or untill I check it again) which is super annoying

Overall, I give my experience with this phone a 8.5 out of 10.

idkew
Oct 2, 2003, 11:28 PM
Well, I just splurged and picked up a Sony Ericsson P800.

WOW! Is this an amazing phone. I have owned a palm, and a newton, and while i still love my old Newton 2000, this is ALMOST as good, plus it is much smaller and is a phone!

T-Mobile has been great with me setting it up (MMS, GPRS...), no problems there. Reception is much better than my T68i. Plus, the Symbian UIQ OS is amazing. Very well thought out. Almost as good as my newton was. Opera works great surfing.

If you got the cash, and can handle a very slightly larger phone, go for a P800!

Get the MGS... there are some great 3d games for it. You can even play Doom and GameBoy games on it.

g808
Oct 13, 2003, 09:54 PM
Just picked up a T616 at Cingular. It was $149 with a $100 rebate. Charging it up now, so I can't speak about how "good" it is yet.

I've been using Cingular as my provider for years and have no problems with them yet (knock on wood). The reception has been great, so I hope this phone doesn't give worse reception than my Motorola v60. From what I hear it should be fine.

g808
Oct 14, 2003, 08:13 PM
So far this phone has been great! The reception in my office and apartment is loud and clear. I'm downloading themes, wallpapers, ringtones like crazy. I'm transfering files from my PC to my phone via IR with no problems (waiting for my Alubook to use Bluetooth). I've used a fraction of the battery so far today after making a few phone calls and playing with it constantly. The battery didn't take long at all to first charge up (less than 1 hour).

I read the review from MobileBurn.com (http://www.mobileburn.com/review.jsp?Id=391), but that was based on the T610 which is not made for us here in North America. I read other reviews from other sites, which had only positive things to say so I took the plunge and an glad it did. :)

Vector
Oct 14, 2003, 08:54 PM
The last post reminded me that i forgot to mention the battery in the t616. It is wonderful. Mine has at least an 8hr talk time and can standby for days without leakage. The battery recharges very quickly too.

rjrufo
Oct 17, 2003, 08:29 AM
I bought the T616 about a month ago, and I am very satisfied with it. I have been with Cingular for about five years, and have had mixed signal results on my other phones. The T616 has very good reception. I work from home, and my office is in the basement. The other phones I've had never got a signal while in my office, but the T616 does. It's so clear, I've been considering dropping my land based phone in the office, and just use the cell phone. I've also paired it with my Tungsten T, and now don't even need to add phone numbers to the address book, since I can dial directly from the Palm using Bluetooth.

kargdesigner
Dec 21, 2003, 06:47 PM
I have the T616 with Cingular and I am extremely happy! It has all the features I've been waiting for and more. There is an area you can make your own music like a dj and then convert it to a ringtone. You could have people's pictures appear when they call you as well as individual ringtones for each person. At&t has it for $50 after rebate and 2 yr contract and cingular now has it for $99 after rebate with 2 year contract. It simply kicks ass. One downfall.... only comes with 1 mb free space when you purchase meaning you have to delete some pics/ sounds/ and themes to free up more space, it holds up to 5mb all together.

kargdesigner
Dec 21, 2003, 06:55 PM
How do I sync the two together? I have 14" ibook and are excited to use this feature... please help..

Do I have to purchase somethiing?

WannabeSQ
Dec 22, 2003, 12:16 AM
well, since my thread has been resurrected, i should note, that the phone is now on sale at amazon.com through AT&T for $50 BEFORE rebate, and it comes with 2 $100 mail in rebates, and a free wireless bluetooth headset. But if you only want a one year commitment, and not a 2 year commitment, one rebate drops to $25, for a total of $125, for a $50 phone, so either way you make a profit.

If you want it through T-Mobile, (but its a T610, not a T616, which I think doesn't have quite as good reception in the US) its $99 before rebate, with 2 $100 mail in rebates, one of them with a plan of $39.99 /month or higher. Great deals even without the rebates.

mattroberts
Dec 24, 2003, 11:38 PM
kargdesigner,

you need a Blue tooth dongle for syncing.

cheers
m