PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your Apple stickers?

gerror
Jul 26, 2003, 06:20 AM
I was wondering about the stickers you get when you buy a new Mac. I put one on my girlfriends car:

Please show me your picture.
Gerror

irmongoose
Jul 26, 2003, 06:51 AM
Although I can't show you a picture, at school I unpack most of the new Macs that come in to the Elementary Lab, so I put one of those white stickers on the front door.

Unfortunately, I lost the ones which came with my iMac.... :(

irmongoose

mmmdreg
Jul 26, 2003, 06:52 AM
Is that sticker on the inside or the outside? (gerror)

gerror
Jul 26, 2003, 07:08 AM
Yes, it's on the car for a week now. I 've got some more stickers so if it's damaged, I'll put another on the car ;)

irmongoose
Jul 26, 2003, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by gerror
Yes, it's on the car for a week now. I 've got some more stickers so if it's damaged, I'll put another on the car ;)

I don't think you answered his question...

irmongoose

gerror
Jul 26, 2003, 07:11 AM
Sorry, it is on the outside :p

vollspacken
Jul 26, 2003, 07:22 AM
I put 'em here:

oldskool vs. newskool ;)

sosumi
Jul 26, 2003, 09:05 AM
I always put them on my PC at work to annoy my colleges. Otherwise it looks cool on a guitar or snowboard.

Juventuz
Jul 26, 2003, 09:25 AM
I had a sticker on my hopper. For those that don't know, a hoppe is used in paintball. It holds the paintballs and feeds it into the paintball marker.

I was at a tourny once and someone saw it and asked me if I was a Mac user. I told him yes and he said he was making the switch, he had just ordered an iMac.

Too bad my hopper shell cracked. I need to get some more of those stickers.

irmongoose
Jul 26, 2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Juventuz
I need to get some more of those stickers.

You can get some here (http://www.redlightrunner.com/hats.html), or I would assume you could get it cheaper on eBay.

irmongoose

MoparShaha
Jul 26, 2003, 12:46 PM
I have a Dell monitor with my G4, so I've slapped my Apple sticker right on the side :D .

Macmaniac
Jul 26, 2003, 07:11 PM
As soon as my dad gives me his car I gonna slap lots of Apple stickers on it!
Whats funny is that I finally saw somone else with one on their car, were not alone.
I even dug up my old stickers that came wit my performa.

gerror
Jul 26, 2003, 07:14 PM
Whats funny is that I finally saw somone else with one on their car, were not alone.
We are sure NOT alone my friend. Keep it up!

tazo
Jul 26, 2003, 07:22 PM
Its on the side of my Dell monitor on my PC :)

thebossisback
Jul 26, 2003, 07:49 PM
I was walking down the street the other night and someone threw out an old apple 2 in almost new condition. it came with everything including about 10 apple stickers (they were never opened and wraped in plastic). They even have the verly old logo which has a little cut on the leaf of the apple. Im probably not going to put them on anything and save them

Powerbook G5
Jul 26, 2003, 08:21 PM
I've got one on my door, one in the corner of my bedroom window, and I'd love to put one on my car window but I don't see how it'd last the elements. I was surprised the other day when I saw a big black Dodge Ram HD pickup with a Calvin pissing on a Microsoft logo and one of those white Apple logo sitckers on the corner of the rear window. Now how is that for cool? :-)

Mr. Anderson
Jul 26, 2003, 08:43 PM
I've got one on my car, one on my office door and one on my Wacom 9x12 tablet, under the transparent top. I'll post pics after I take them.

I need to get some more, I have a new car that could use one....;)

D

funkywhat2
Jul 26, 2003, 09:36 PM
I'm saving the ones I've recieved for my first car. I've a six-color and a white one. I'd really like the newton stickers, though.

applemacdude
Jul 26, 2003, 10:54 PM
On my printer, monitor dads car, tv, stupid old pc, window, binder, pb 3400....

Keith Purfield
Jul 26, 2003, 11:49 PM
I put one on my calculator at school, but that got stolen (it also had a ton of Nintendo stickers, too).

And I can't seem to find my other one. :(

TEG
Jul 27, 2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by thebossisback
I was walking down the street the other night and someone threw out an old apple 2 in almost new condition. it came with everything including about 10 apple stickers (they were never opened and wraped in plastic). They even have the verly old logo which has a little cut on the leaf of the apple. Im probably not going to put them on anything and save them

I've never seen any stickers/logos like that. I however have several with the old font on the rainbow apple.

I have 3 on my Taurus, one in each of the half windows and one on my rear window. I bought several from eBay, and When I get my new car (Vibe or CTS) I'll put 2 on the back window, and one on (if I can find what i want)...

TEG

mmmdreg
Jul 27, 2003, 02:14 AM
Originally posted by gerror
Sorry, it is on the outside :p

I wouldn't know but apart from it being flipped horiznontally, would there be anything wrong with sticking them on the inside of the car window? It just seems that they may last longer that way.

jbomber
Jul 27, 2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by sosumi
I always put them on my PC at work to annoy my colleges. Otherwise it looks cool on a guitar or snowboard.

Hmm... that's not a bad idea at all. I'm gonna put one on my Nitro snowboard. God I miss snowboarding season....

gerror
Jul 27, 2003, 04:27 AM
I think I'm also gonna put one on my pc at work, a lousy Compac

Schiffi
Jul 27, 2003, 08:36 PM
My ADS drive kit.

Powerbook G5
Jul 27, 2003, 09:33 PM
I would feel weird about having the Apple logo flipped to have it on the inside of the window, it's kind of like when the Apple logo would be upside down on the older PowerBook G3s (how sacrilegious!)

Mike Teezie
Jul 28, 2003, 02:43 AM
I've got a "new school" Apple sticker on my Jeep, and one on my Jetta.

5300cs
Jul 28, 2003, 09:29 AM
I have about 6-10 of the old rainbow striped ones, which I'm hogging since they're so hard to get (unless I buy another old Mac.) The white ones I don't use either.

There was a story a few months ago on Wired.com about a woman who's car windows was busted and Apple sticker stolen!

irmongoose
Jul 28, 2003, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by 5300cs
There was a story a few months ago on Wired.com about a woman who's car windows was busted and Apple sticker stolen!

Wired article (http://www.wired.com/news/mac/0,2125,55887,00.html).

irmongoose

Mr. Anderson
Jul 28, 2003, 09:54 AM
Here's a pic of one on my Wacom tablet :D

D

alia
Jul 28, 2003, 10:14 AM
Some jerk scraped the white apple sticker off of my friend's car.

:eek:

I couldn't believe it. Very rude!

Alia

Horrortaxi
Jul 28, 2003, 12:10 PM
I put mine on my car, obviously, so it won't crash. :D

MacBoyX
Jul 28, 2003, 12:42 PM
I have mine on the driver side window of my Volvo S60. It's on the outside and after a year it seems to be holding up quite well. I tried to get my boyfriend to put on his car but he won't!

MacBoyX