Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

couch potato

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
grr, my family just bought 2 iSight cameras. we hooked both of them up to different computers. The computers find each other over Rondevou (or however you spell it). When one computer invites another computer, and the computer accepts the invitation, it says on the other computer "thisperson is currently in another conference"

it does the same thing with audio. does anyone know why this is happening?:(

thx, we were real excited about these cameras

hmm, well its the network, we have figured out. but it still doesnt work....:(

loveshismac

macrumors member
Nov 21, 2001
Dallas
my isight works perfectly.
thru renduvous and the aim network

maybe u should reinstall ichat av or just throw away the pref file.

couch potato

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2003
that would do nothing because it works, just not with anyone in my network. for instance, i could chat with you fine, but if you were in my network, i wouldnt be able to.

throw away the prefs file?:confused:

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
I'm sure this would work, even over a network. Try e-mailing Apple and/or trying their knowledge base if you're still having any other issues. Or if you have a local Apple Store, ask the genious.

Please don't blame the iSight. :p

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i have the exact same problem. works find over the net, lan doesnt. even audio doesnt work. every now and then ill f*** it up and it will work but its still in the buggy stage. i shouldnt have to open ports since its inside of the network.

iJon

MacUser1

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2001
New York, NY
huh...

i've been using iChat AV with Rendezvous and I can audio chat with my family on our network perfectly. However, we do not use iSight yet, we are using the built-in microphones in our Macs.
I hope this is not an iSight problem because we were planning on purchasing a couple of them for the family. :(

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Re: huh...

Originally posted by MacUser1
i've been using iChat AV with Rendezvous and I can audio chat with my family on our network perfectly. However, we do not use iSight yet, we are using the built-in microphones in our Macs.
I hope this is not an iSight problem because we were planning on purchasing a couple of them for the family. :(
ist not, its just the software is still beta and buggy and im sure it doesnt like certain things about certain networks.

iJon

scan300

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2003
Melbourne, Australia
Make sure both your computers don't have the same IP address and also different to the router.

eg this is correct:
10.0.1.0 Router
10.0.1.2 PC1
10.0.1.3 PC2 etc

eg this is wrong:
10.0.1.1 Router
10.0.1.1 PC1
10.0.1.1 PC2 etc

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by scan300
Make sure both your computers don't have the same IP address and also different to the router.

eg this is correct:
10.0.1.0 Router
10.0.1.2 PC1
10.0.1.3 PC2 etc

eg this is wrong:
10.0.1.1 Router
10.0.1.1 PC1
10.0.1.1 PC2 etc
i know the ips arent the same because mac os x detects if someone else has the same as ip as, therfore not being able to do anything internet related.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.