PDA

View Full Version : Apple Bluetooth Headset - STATIC!

julric01
Jul 27, 2007, 07:05 PM
OMG - can you say static - I picked up one of these beauties yesterday and it worked fine all day.

I charged it last night and went to use it today - and you can't even hear the static is so bad - what gives?

I tried un-pairing and re-pairing and that didn't help, I've tried turning it off, turning it on, turning them both off and on - it just blows.

Why would it be fine one day and horrible the next?

Very dissapointed - I absolutely love the design and integration - but it's just un-usable.

4ndr3w
Jul 27, 2007, 07:17 PM
Since no one else has this issue, it is probably just your headset. I suggest exchanging it for a new one at an Apple Store. Simply explain what is happening. This is a brand-new product and you got a lemon - it happens.

badtzmaru
Jul 27, 2007, 07:24 PM
that sucks, return it

hh83917
Jul 27, 2007, 11:20 PM
I am experiencing static too! Well, since only so few are available at the store, not many people have the apple branded headset yet. I am keeping mine for now til they get some stock at the apple store then exchange it for a new one. I heard some users don't have the problem after they exchanged it. I am hoping that is for case for me as well. :(

I like this headset but they have to fix the statics

rfbandit
Jul 28, 2007, 06:22 PM
Mine has static too. Also, sometimes when the other party answers the call, my headset will disconnect and my phone will say:
E
d
g
e
Con
nect
ions
Are
not
Ava
ila
bl
The rest is cut off by the bottom of the screen. The call audio is re-routed to the handset.

4ndr3w
Jul 28, 2007, 06:42 PM
Have you tried other Bluetooth headsets? You may have a bad bluetooth chip in your iPhone.

rfbandit
Jul 28, 2007, 06:57 PM
I haven't had time to try any other headsets. Maybe I'll bring it by the Apple Store and see if I can get me a new phone

hh83917
Jul 29, 2007, 11:55 AM
I've been using my Nokia BH-900 with my iPhone and it works perfectly without a hitch. Unless I leave my phone in the bedroom and I am at the kitchen (over 10fts) then I get static from the headset. But when I use the Apple branded headset, I can hear static if I put the phone in my left pocket and headset on my right ear. So, I'm pretty sure it's the apple headset. :o

rednote
Nov 30, 2007, 08:42 AM
I bought an apple headset and I got static from the first time I used it. Took it back for an exchange and still static. Funny thing is that I can make more static when I lower the phone to my side and back up to my ear. Love the headset, hate this hassle.

hh83917
Nov 30, 2007, 12:12 PM
I just got my 3rd exchange a week ago and I'm still experiencing static and short range. I'll be giving up on the Apple headset and might go with the Jawbone or maybe the B&O after I read some reviews.... :(