PDA

View Full Version : Girl Missing from '86 May be found

MacFan25
Jul 29, 2003, 03:30 PM
CNN Article (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/07/29/missing.girl/index.html)

This is great news. I certainly hope that this is the girl.

rainman::|:|
Jul 29, 2003, 03:59 PM
The family's not too bright-- they're going to freak the woman out, the police are right in telling them not to discuss it with the media...

But it would indeed be a great thing if it turns out true :) so many kids never are seen again...

pnw

Abstract
Jul 29, 2003, 04:02 PM
Great news. Really, its the toughest thing a parent ever has to face, including having their child killed. Imagine knowing your child could be alive, and yet you can't get to him/her? That lasts forever. The closure isn't there.

iJon
Jul 29, 2003, 05:12 PM
oh i know, there would be no closure for the parents. its like when your a kid and your pet runs away, its worse than it dying because you think it may be out there suffering and if only you knew where it was. good news for the family, must be real awkward though, i wonder if this girl has a whole life of her own now and has forgotten about the past.

iJon

wdlove
Jul 29, 2003, 06:45 PM
I pray that this missing girl case will be resolved sucessfully to all concerned. After a 17 year absence, this is going to be very difficult for the 22 year adult. She should not be pressured, but allowed time to explore the changes to her life!

Doctor Q
Jul 29, 2003, 07:25 PM
A missing persons report (http://www.find-missing-children.org/Posters/poster193.htm) from about 10 years ago.

alset
Jul 29, 2003, 10:32 PM
It's so nice to hear good news for a change. I'm tired of every news story getting me down. GL to the family.

Dan

jxyama
Jul 30, 2003, 03:13 PM
it's a hoax!!! ugh, i'm so angry. why would anyone do this???

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

link (http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/07/30/missing.girl/index.html)

wdlove
Jul 30, 2003, 04:08 PM
That is very sad that someone would pull off such a cruel hoax. I hope that she is found, she needs to personally apologize to the parents. Wonder just what the legal remedy will be against her!

MacFan25
Jul 30, 2003, 04:36 PM
That is just sick that someone would want to do something like that.

Right when I thought that there was good news, it turned out to be bad. :(

Doctor Q
Jul 30, 2003, 04:49 PM
I sure hope the publicity about this will spur someone to come forward with information that can really help.

Mr. Anderson
Jul 31, 2003, 06:35 AM
Unbelievable! :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

She up on felony charges now, so they're taking this seriously. http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Midwest/07/30/missing.girl/index.html

I just don't understand it. How did she think she was going to get away with it? Ugh.

Maybe she's related to the woman who reported the puppies being thrown out of the car......

Blah!

D

wdlove
Jul 31, 2003, 11:19 AM
My understanding from news reports, is that this lady has done this hoax on unsupecting families before. It's a very sad situation. A family traumatized by the loss of a daughter and then traumatized a second time by a con artist! :(

Capt Underpants
Jul 31, 2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by alset
It's so nice to hear good news for a change. I'm tired of every news story getting me down. GL to the family.

Dan

I agree. I ignored this thread because I read the description of it and figured she was found dead. Well I am glad I read it now. I sure hope this is the missing person.

Sun Baked
Aug 1, 2003, 08:25 AM
Man o man, this freak has a history of hoaxes going back a long way...

Woman Surrenders in Missing Girl Hoax (http://news.findlaw.com/ap_stories/other/1110/7-31-2003/20030731154512_22.html)
By RYAN LENZ Associated Press Writer

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Ever since Donna Lynette Walker was a child, friends say, she has delighted in disrupting the lives of those around her: She made crank calls in disguised voices, concocted hard-luck stories and conned people out of money.

But even investigators familiar with Walker's record are baffled by what they say was her latest hoax.

Authorities say that last weekend, Walker called the parents of a girl abducted 17 years ago and pretended to be their long-lost daughter. The girl's family members were crushed, her father reduced to tears, when they learned on Wednesday that it was a lie.

Walker, 35, surrendered Thursday in Topeka, Kan., where she is believed to live. She has been charged with identity deception and false reporting for committing what police called a "cruel hoax."...

...Court records and interviews indicate she has had brushes with the law in California, Kansas, Virginia and Nebraska involving such offenses as making crank calls, reporting a false fire alarm, writing bad checks, making a bomb threat and using stolen credit cards to run up long-distance charges, according to an Indiana State Police affidavit.

In Urbandale, Iowa, an arrest warrant was issued for Walker last August for making a string of "weird calls" to police reporting to have seen people assaulted at gunpoint. Police never verified the calls, said Urbandale Police Sgt. Dave Disney...The entire article is loaded with the mentally disturbed woman's cons and hoaxes.

Really far beyond the dog lady's sick joke, this freak has made a living out of it.