PDA

View Full Version : Ultraslim pouch

Akira1980
Aug 1, 2007, 07:41 PM
I wanted something that is really slim. And came across this,

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/Apple-iPhone-Cases/ULTRASLIM-POUCH

It's perfect for my needs. I like my phone naked and when not in use, I can just put it into this slim pouch.

robertatwb
Aug 3, 2007, 01:33 PM
I wanted something that is really slim. And came across this,

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/Apple-iPhone-Cases/ULTRASLIM-POUCH

It's perfect for my needs. I like my phone naked and when not in use, I can just put it into this slim pouch.

My Sena Leather Skin Case just arrived. Fits like a glove. Totally worth the $$.

imwoblin
Aug 3, 2007, 02:10 PM
My Sena Leather Skin Case just arrived. Fits like a glove. Totally worth the $$.

Hey robertatwb. I ordered one of these from Sena 3 weeks ago and am in Orange County and it still hasn't been delivered. How did Sena ship to you USPS or ?

robertatwb
Aug 3, 2007, 03:15 PM
Hey robertatwb. I ordered one of these from Sena 3 weeks ago and am in Orange County and it still hasn't been delivered. How did Sena ship to you USPS or ?

Hey imwoblin:

If you ordered on or before 7/23 (which it sounds like you did) it should have shipped yesterday via the delivery method you chose. I opted for FEDEX next day. Cases ordered after 7/23 will ship 8/8. Hope that helps.

imwoblin
Aug 3, 2007, 03:20 PM
Hey imwoblin:

If you ordered on or before 7/23 (which it sounds like you did) it should have shipped yesterday via the delivery method you chose. I opted for FEDEX next day. Cases ordered after 7/23 will ship 8/8. Hope that helps.

Thanks robertatwb... Yup I ordered on the 13th and chose USPS since Sena is located in Tustin (Orange County) and figured it would get here asap. I recieved notification of shipping on the 2nd so I guess I'll just sit tight. How do you like the pouch?

robertatwb
Aug 3, 2007, 03:59 PM
Thanks robertatwb... Yup I ordered on the 13th and chose USPS since Sena is located in Tustin (Orange County) and figured it would get here asap. I recieved notification of shipping on the 2nd so I guess I'll just sit tight. How do you like the pouch?

imwoblin: I got the case versus the pouch.

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/Apple-iPhone-Cases/SENA-LEATHERSKIN-CASE-FOR-iPHONE

eeek - not sure how to post urls here so i hope this is ok. I love the Sena case and am very satisfied with the quality of the product.

EDIT: Hey it worked! LOL - newbie...sheesh...

carman63
Aug 3, 2007, 08:20 PM
I ordered the pouch on 7/15, and should have it next week (chose USPS shipping - FedEx doesn't leave packages, nearest FedEx pickup place is 35 miles away).

ncsmith4
Aug 3, 2007, 08:33 PM
imwoblin: I got the case versus the pouch.

http://www.senacases.com/Brands/Apple-iPhone-Cases/SENA-LEATHERSKIN-CASE-FOR-iPHONE

eeek - not sure how to post urls here so i hope this is ok. I love the Sena case and am very satisfied with the quality of the product.

EDIT: Hey it worked! LOL - newbie...sheesh...

My case hasnt arrived yet. :(

But I got the same one you did. Do you like it? I had the Speck toughskin rubber case and had to return it. How does the Sena case slide in and out of your pocket. I wear tight jeans... How it it?

MarkMS
Aug 3, 2007, 09:11 PM

How fast does the iPhone slide in and out from the case? Seems like a good deal for $23 bucks.

robertatwb
Aug 4, 2007, 10:11 AM
My case hasnt arrived yet. :(

But I got the same one you did. Do you like it? I had the Speck toughskin rubber case and had to return it. How does the Sena case slide in and out of your pocket. I wear tight jeans... How it it?

It is very smooth leather so it slides in and out of pockets easily.

robertatwb
Aug 4, 2007, 10:15 AM
How fast does the iPhone slide in and out from the case? Seems like a good deal for $23 bucks.

The phone slides in/out fairly easily. It is a snug fit, tho. I'm guessing that, over time and as the leather softens it will loosen up a bit.

Hope that helps.

ncsmith4
Aug 4, 2007, 10:42 AM
In your rough guess... how much "thickness" does it add to the phone?

Do you have any pictures?

imwoblin
Aug 4, 2007, 02:16 PM
Just recieved my Sena leather Ultra Slim Pouch. Fits like a glove, real leather, velvet lining,very good craftsmanship and comes in a gift box with a microfiber bag. The pouch has holes punched in the leather at the bottom for the the speakers. All in all I am a happy camper. I was looking for something to protect my iPhone without adding bulk and this pouch fits the bill perfectly, and at 23 bucks, its a steal. I will try to post pics soon.

Akira1980
Aug 4, 2007, 07:49 PM
Still waiting for mine... :(

carman63
Aug 5, 2007, 07:56 AM
Just recieved my Sena leather Ultra Slim Pouch. Fits like a glove, real leather, velvet lining,very good craftsmanship and comes in a gift box with a microfiber bag. The pouch has holes punched in the leather at the bottom for the the speakers. All in all I am a happy camper. I was looking for something to protect my iPhone without adding bulk and this pouch fits the bill perfectly, and at 23 bucks, its a steal. I will try to post pics soon.

Would like to see pics. I got notification that mine shipped (USPS) and hopefully I'll see it by the end of the week.

I've got Sena cases for mine and my fiance's Treos and I'm impressed with the quality of their products.

robertatwb
Aug 5, 2007, 09:10 AM
In your rough guess... how much "thickness" does it add to the phone?

Do you have any pictures?

Not too bulky. Adds about 1/4 an inch to the back but it's a nice kind of "protected" thickness. Will try and post pics this afternoon (guess I do that via the attach files option below?)

ncsmith4
Aug 5, 2007, 01:01 PM
so it would still slide in and out of tighter pockets easily? being leather and all?

the rubber one just wasnt cutting it in terms of that...

imwoblin
Aug 5, 2007, 01:20 PM
The Sena ultraslim leather pouch is just a pouch that covers the entire phone except the top corners so you can pull the phone out. I find just squeezing the bottom of the pouch pushes it out enough to grab it. I tested the ringer volume with the iPhone in the case and you can definately hear the ringer when calls come in. This is just what I was looking for, protection of my iPhone when I slip it into my pocket. Again, this is the pouch not the case. You can see pics on the Sena link posted earlier.

jimbot
Aug 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
the pouch is exactly what i'm looking for, just not leather. anyone know of a non-leather slim pouch? they should make one out of the same material as the cleaning cloth that came with the iPhone.

the case version is hideous

carman63
Aug 6, 2007, 03:10 PM
the pouch is exactly what i'm looking for, just not leather. anyone know of a non-leather slim pouch?

You could look at the foofbags.

http://www.foofbag.com/

mcdj
Aug 6, 2007, 03:23 PM
I just received my Sena ultra slim. It's pretty nice but it's not perfect.

The leather grain is very large, making it look more like elephant skin than leather IMO.

It's nice and thin as advertised, but it doesn't afford the phone much in the way of impact protection. I think they could have inserted a thin sheet of plastic stiffener, at least on the front without sacrificing much in the slimness dept. If you happen to bump into the corner of a desk or table with the phone in your pocket, the case may not do much to prevent a cracked screen.

The bottom corners are somewhat reinforced by the inward turned seam of the leather, so that's a plus.

I've taken the phone out of case several times since I got it and every time I do, a bunch of fine black dust is visible all over the phone. I assume that this the black velvet lining and I *hope* this will dissipate as the case gets used. It will obviously be pretty upsetting if any of this black dust gets into the screen.

Prior to the Sena I was first using the Belkin slim sleeve...nicely made but not the nicest looking, and then the Apple leather sleeve for the 30GB iPod. I really like the Apple case. I got it on Ebay, brand new for $25 shipped...the $100 list price is pretty absurd. It's slim but tough. Unfortunately the phone sticks out a tad at the top and the ringer is a bit muffled, so it's not ideal. If Apple tweaked this case and released it for the iPhone, they'd have a winner in my book. Of course, I'd still only pay $25 for it.

MarkMS
Aug 6, 2007, 03:40 PM
If Apple tweaked this case and released it for the iPhone, they'd have a winner in my book. Of course, I'd still only pay $25 for it.

I'll say this...
I haven't received it yet, but it think it will suit my needs and is at a decent price. Pre-orders are $23.20 and you can add a coupon code to get an additional 10% off.

Code: SJUL10

So overall it was around $25 shipped USPS. Plus, all I want is for it to cover the phone while it was in my pocket from scratches.

jimbot
Aug 6, 2007, 03:53 PM
You could look at the foofbags.

http://www.foofbag.com/

thanks! i may try and make one myself at some point, foofbags look a little too foofy...:confused: i won't be happy until i have what i picture in my head.

BG-Mac
Aug 7, 2007, 05:16 PM
Just ordered a Sena Ultra-Slim in Black, seems to be what im looking for. Ayone have any pics?

Jaw3000
Aug 8, 2007, 12:37 AM
I just received my Sena ultra slim. It's pretty nice but it's not perfect.

I've taken the phone out of case several times since I got it and every time I do, a bunch of fine black dust is visible all over the phone. I assume that this the black velvet lining and I *hope* this will dissipate as the case gets used. It will obviously be pretty upsetting if any of this black dust gets into the screen.

I've been looking for a slim case for my iPhone, and was thinking about ordering the Sena Ultra Slim, but the black fuzz problem is certanly more than a little disconcerting. Can anyone else who has one comment on whether you notice this too?

On a side note, I just received my Waterfield iPhone suede jacket, which I like the idea of (similar idea to the Ultra Slim), but I am not too happy with it in practice. It's just a thin piece of fabric, so I can't imagine it holding up to wear and tear or keeping it's shape too well at all. Additionally, it's fit exactly to the dimensions of the iPhone, which cause it to be a little difficult to slide in and out. How is the Sena Ultra Slim in this regard? I would imagine it's finger slots at the top would offer some improvement over the suede jacket.

Pictures of the Ultra Slim would be greatly appreciated!

carman63
Aug 8, 2007, 06:45 AM
I think the velvet 'dust' could probably be minimized with a piece of scotch tape rubbed around the inside of the pouch. I haven't received mine yet, so I don't know if that will work or not. Either way, I don't see that being a major issue for me.

It seems a lot of folks are wanting a thin - but very protective - case. I don't know if you can get both for the price point being offered. A thin plastic sleeve might help, but I'd want the option to remove it as I don't want it personally.

As far as pictures, I can post some once my case arrives. In the meantime, the link the OP posted will show you some angles of the case. In my experience the product shown online is pretty much what you get.

beate
Aug 10, 2007, 11:26 PM
the pouch is exactly what i'm looking for, just not leather. anyone know of a non-leather slim pouch? they should make one out of the same material as the cleaning cloth that came with the iPhone.

the case version is hideous

posted elsewhere today but this may be what you're after.

suede sleeve (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm)

This is like the iPod sleeve,,,but taller so it covers perfectly. Made from Ultrasuede so it's washable.

iPhoneyboy
Aug 15, 2007, 01:07 PM
Does anyone have a follow-up report after using the Sena Ultra Slim? And the black fuzz problem? Thanks.

carman63
Aug 15, 2007, 02:42 PM
Does anyone have a follow-up report after using the Sena Ultra Slim? And the black fuzz problem? Thanks.

No fuzz problems here. The case has 'relaxed' slightly, so it's easier to remove the phone from the pouch. I pinch the pouch slightly at the bottom, and it pushes the phone out a bit, so I can grab it easier.

I'd buy it again. For the money, it's perfect for me.

Akira1980
Aug 16, 2007, 01:19 AM
After using it for a week, I give a thumbs up. It's a great fit, and no fuzz problem. I would buy it again.

cvahl
Mar 27, 2008, 08:47 PM
I just got my Sena UltraSlim today, and I really like it so far. Unfortunately, I heard that it would get much wider with time.
Can anybody who bought it half a year ago tell me how you like it after this time, and if it is worth the money?
Thanks