PDA

View Full Version : DMG Segments?

daveL
Jul 30, 2003, 01:50 PM
I've never worked with dmg segments before. Do you "cat" them all together to form the complete image, or double-click the .dmg piece?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Eniregnat
Jul 30, 2003, 02:51 PM
FileExt.com (http://filext.com/detaillist.php?extdetail=.dmg)
Macintosh OS X Disk Copy Disk Image File
Treated like a real disk. Can be created with Disk Copy, burnt to CD or mounted as a normal volume.

daveL
Jul 30, 2003, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Eniregnat

I'm downloading the Panthr beta. What they've done is break the full CD image into 30MB "segments". After uncompressing them, they all have a .dmgpart file extension, except the first one, which has the normal .dmg extension. If I double-click the .dmg it mount and appears as a full CD. If I select it to burn, it's showing a size of 30MB, not the full CD. So, I'm confused as to how to burn it. Do I just select the .dmg and all the segments are included? Or do I have to select all the pieces? Or do I have to reassemble them before I try to burn them?

daveL
Jul 30, 2003, 03:37 PM
Well, I answered my own question. As with most things Apple, the solution is absolutely simple. You select the .dmg for burning and all the .dmgpart piecees are automagicly included. I *do* wish the Disk Copy burn panel showed the size of the entire image, not just the first piece, when you select the .dmg file; it would be a bit less confusing the first time you encounter this situation (segements).