Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrat93

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2006
So I just bought a new full body shield from ShieldZone (http://www.shieldzone.com/item_description/APLIPHONE.html) and I am having a REALLY hard time putting on the back piece. Does anybody have any tips or is there a video out there to help me? PLEASE HELP!!!

I assume your problem is that you can't keep the sides down without having them come back up. I just left the back to adhere first. Then I sprayed the left and right sides and held them on the iPhone for a minute. Then the edges of the sides had space, so I just sprayed it and held it again until it was good. Pretty much the same thing with the top, but it was more of a hassle with the button and headphone jack. The bottom was less of a hassle. Hope it helps.

DopestGingah

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
I assume your problem is that you can't keep the sides down without having them come back up. I just left the back to adhere first. Then I sprayed the left and right sides and held them on the iPhone for a minute. Then the edges of the sides had space, so I just sprayed it and held it again until it was good. Pretty much the same thing with the top, but it was more of a hassle with the button and headphone jack. The bottom was less of a hassle. Hope it helps.

Yeah it is basically just a hassle putting it on the back. One of my biggest problems is that my fingers get fingerprints on the adhesive and then it will not stick!! How did you overcome this? Just keep your fingers off it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.