PDA

View Full Version : differences betweeen G4 imac and G4 powerbook

faithfulFrank
Aug 5, 2007, 02:31 PM
Hello all. I have a dumb question....
I just bought a used but nice 12" G4 powerbook. I am used to my 5 year old G4 lamp style imac, with a regular keyboard and two button mouse with clickwheel.

I know SOME of the shortcut key commands, but not many. I found the helpful shortcut page shown above..THANK YOU!! But with my imac, I can right click on a word that is misspelled and the imac suggests words it thinks I wanted. How do I get my powerbook to do that? Like, how do I "right click" with a powerbook?

I may end up just buying a bluetooth small mouse, but can anyone help me with the keyboard differences with the powerbook? Also, my imac shows misspelled words automatically....how do I get my powerbook to also do that?

Thank you.

Respectfully, Frank D.

Applespider
Aug 5, 2007, 02:34 PM
Hold the Ctrl key down when you click to get the right-hand click menu up

Spelling... click on a text box or open a Mail message, go up to Edit and choose Spelling -> Check Spelling as you type

faithfulFrank
Aug 5, 2007, 02:45 PM
Thank you.....that worked. It just doesn't seem to work when typing on forums, but it is now working in mail and in Word.

OK, I just did the spelling thing while typing in this reply, and it did work.

Thank you!

Frank D.

mrkramer
Aug 5, 2007, 03:08 PM
If it supports your powerbook model, iScroll2 (http://iscroll2.sourceforge.net/) will enable two finger right click on powerbooks, I use it and haven't had any problems.