PDA

View Full Version : Color Laserjet recommendations?

sonofslim
Jul 31, 2003, 08:48 AM
Can anyone recommend a good color laserjet? This is for business use, so we're looking for one that can stand up to a lot of use but not break the bank.

Thanks...

eyelikeart
Jul 31, 2003, 08:52 AM
what's your budget?

sonofslim
Jul 31, 2003, 09:47 AM
to be honest, i'm not sure. we don't need anything too fancy; basically, we're looking for a color postscript printer that'll last. i've been looking at a few in the $800 range (the HP 1500, for instance) but i don't know if those are too cheap to be worthwhile, or if we can go even cheaper, or what.

iJon
Jul 31, 2003, 09:51 AM
well my macaddict gave the hp 1500 an excellent review and said it was great unless you need postscript. i recommend going and picking up the issue when it comes out and reading it. i would recommend a Xerox laser printer, which they also own tectronix, which also make awesome printers.

iJon

sonofslim
Jul 31, 2003, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by iJon
well my macaddict gave the hp 1500 an excellent review and said it was great unless you need postscript.

postscript is the #1 requirement, unfortunately. guess the 1500 is out.

maybe i should look at inkjets? HP has some less expensive PS-enabled inkjet printers...

eyelikeart
Jul 31, 2003, 10:55 AM
ah...ok...when I saw "laser"...I was about to suggest some hefty priced pieces...compared to what u guys are talking about... ;)

RGunner
Jul 31, 2003, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by eyelikeart
ah...ok...when I saw "laser"...I was about to suggest some hefty priced pieces...compared to what u guys are talking about... ;)

HP color laserjet has a MSRP of $799.

They are not as expensive as they used to be...

Or did I miss read what you quoted?