PDA

View Full Version : Oh yea that feels good !!!

Joshua8o8
Aug 10, 2007, 03:21 AM
So I just took the plunge! I decided to go naked!

I was cleaning my belkin clear acrylic case and finally decided to toss it. Its not worth it to me, the case is leaving little dots on the back of my iphone and its always collecting rubbish between my phone and the case. Also it feels so damn good without the case on. I know i spent $600 on my phone, but hell, i cant be babying the damn thing forever. However if i notice my phone getting noticeably scratched the case is going back on!

joekix
Aug 10, 2007, 03:33 AM
i did the same thing, but now i use an old ipod video sleeve. that belkin case sucked!

Joshua8o8
Aug 10, 2007, 03:35 AM
what do you mean by a sleeve? Is it like a small bag, or a tight plastic case?

siurpeeman
Aug 10, 2007, 03:38 AM
what do you mean by a sleeve? Is it like a small bag, or a tight plastic case?

it's a sleeve that comes with all video ipods. the material is similar to the cleaning cloth that comes with the iphone. it's a tight fit, but won't fully cover the iphone due to its taller height.

Joshua8o8
Aug 10, 2007, 03:50 AM
ahh i know what you guys are talking about... i tried to fit my iphone into my 30gig pods sleeve. It dosent fit, i guess the 30gig is too skinny. Too bad, something like that would be perfect. I think as long as i keep the screen nice i will be happy. Im willing to trade in some scratches to the back for the feel of the phone. Im using the power support screen protector so i think ill be fine.

drater
Aug 10, 2007, 04:25 AM

I was cleaning my belkin clear acrylic case and finally decided to toss it. Its not worth it to me, the case is leaving little dots on the back of my iphone and its always collecting rubbish between my phone and the case. Also it feels so damn good without the case on. I know i spent $600 on my phone, but hell, i cant be babying the damn thing forever. However if i notice my phone getting noticeably scratched the case is going back on!

I hear ya! no cases for me...i will admit I use the crystal power support film, I don't even notice it. But no bulky cases! blah!

siurpeeman
Aug 10, 2007, 04:27 AM
ahh i know what you guys are talking about... i tried to fit my iphone into my 30gig pods sleeve. It dosent fit, i guess the 30gig is too skinny. Too bad, something like that would be perfect. I think as long as i keep the screen nice i will be happy. Im willing to trade in some scratches to the back for the feel of the phone. Im using the power support screen protector so i think ill be fine.

i don't mean to nitpick, but the 30 gb ipod video and the iphone are the same thickness.

jamespa66
Aug 10, 2007, 05:28 AM
The sleeve from the 60/80 GB iPods fits perfect just a bit on the short side but that makes it easier to get out quick to answer a call.

Joshua8o8
Aug 10, 2007, 05:35 AM
I will have to check and see if the sleeve fits or not tomorrow. Maybe I wasnt thinking and tried to put It in with my old case still on.

Anyway I have been using my phone now for about an hour and caseless is the way to go for sure!

Clix Pix
Aug 10, 2007, 07:21 AM
I love the looks and feel of the iPhone "naked" and so I use it that way at home all the time. When I'm going out I usually put something on it -- Vaja holster or the first case I bought for it at the Apple store, the InCase, or I slip it into the Fortte pouch I ordered for it. That way it is offered some protection while riding in my pocket or purse. The iPhone is so gorgeous I hate to cover it up when I don't have to do so!

beate
Aug 10, 2007, 12:39 PM
suede sleeve (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm)

This is like the iPod sleeve,,,but taller so it covers perfectly. Made from Ultrasuede so it's washable.

b257177
Aug 10, 2007, 01:36 PM

Way to take the plunge! I've been running naked since day one, and loving it, when I decided the acrylic case I purchased altered the form factor too dramtically, etc.

No need for the InvisiShield either, which I bought but returned when I saw all the "key test" videos circulating on BoobTube. No worse for wear here, though I have order one of those T-Mobile Dash OEM leather cases, for when I go to the pool etc. and am in "iPod mode".

Joshua8o8
Aug 10, 2007, 05:21 PM
yea born naked may as well live naked ( the iphone ) haha

except for the screen protector

pooch
Aug 10, 2007, 08:33 PM
I'm naked with a Griffin case so I don't have to put it in my pocket. Pulling it out I always grab the volume buttons a drawback. Almost dropped it a few times but grabed it quickly. It has a felt liner and totally frontal exposed.

megfilmworks
Aug 10, 2007, 08:37 PM
Naked, with no screen protector is the absolute best feel!

Joshua8o8
Aug 11, 2007, 12:45 AM
I just tried to put my iphone in my 30gig ipod sleeve, and it fits. Pretty cool, I think im going to use it from now on. Thanks!

yescurvyswab
Aug 11, 2007, 01:45 AM

Also it feels so damn good without the case on.

That's what she said!:D

Bernie-Mac
Aug 13, 2007, 02:02 AM
^^lol....idk im torn between the two because i like how the iphone looks naked but also i live in las vegas where its 100 in the shade and i find my hands kinda sweaty quite often and i transfer that to my phone and also its real easy to have a bunch of fingerprints on the back etc...so idk what to do, although i heard it feels better without a rubber....

Joshua8o8
Aug 13, 2007, 02:04 AM
^ definetly feels a lot better without protection, trust me

Bernie-Mac
Aug 13, 2007, 02:06 AM
it does feel better but im still not sure about the bodily fluids getting all over...

Joshua8o8
Aug 13, 2007, 02:30 AM
haha, you funny, i know where your coming from. but hey if it dosent fit, put spit!

Bernie-Mac
Aug 13, 2007, 02:46 AM
your right that would make it more slippery...

Joshua8o8
Aug 13, 2007, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua8o8

Also it feels so damn good without the case on.

That's what she said!:D

What ?!?! she promised she wouldnt say anything, im really sorry man!

And Mr. Bernie-Mac you are one sick puppy! u need pro. help! haha

Bernie-Mac
Aug 13, 2007, 03:22 AM
lol my bad...i guess i forgot what i was talking about lol

Joshua8o8
Aug 13, 2007, 03:30 AM
lol my bad...i guess i forgot what i was talking about lol

im pretty sure you did... haha!

Gibbons
Aug 18, 2007, 10:11 PM
suede sleeve (http://www.sfbags.com/products/iphonesuedejacket/iphonesuedejacket.htm)

This is like the iPod sleeve,,,but taller so it covers perfectly. Made from Ultrasuede so it's washable.

I just had to post and say that this case from sfbags is great. Just got mine and if you love the sleeve that came with iPod (like I did) and you want the same thing for your iPhone, this is exactly what you're looking for.

2nd best thing to going naked in my opinion.

Wayfarer
Aug 18, 2007, 10:39 PM
OMG... "no protection" jokes? Wow, I should've known from the obviously suggestive thread title. :eek:

What is this people, junior high school? :p

Espo
Aug 19, 2007, 08:54 AM
It def feels the best without any case. When im home or just sitting i will keep it out, but when im out i have to case it. Aren't you all paranoid or worried that you will scratch it up, or anything? Idk i got the 4gb, so 500$ iPhone doesnt deserve to be scratch, but it doesnt deserve to be cased up either. BORN TO BE WILD! lol, nevermind im a dweeb :p