PDA

View Full Version : Dual screen on AL17 : big troubles ...

luro22
Aug 3, 2003, 06:21 AM
Hello all,

I try to connect my Al17 to an external display.
The external display is a Gallery 2010 formac (DVi version).

I have a very very big problem when I plug the panel to the DVi output of the powerbook :

It is recognized but after a few seconds, each screen, in an alternative manner, are automatically switch off and on ... the rate is about 2 seconds ... I can't understand this.

On the preference panel, the both screens are well recognized and resolution is automatically correct.

If I activate video recopy, the result is similar but more horrible : finally the output loose control and is a mess ....

If any body have ideas, experiences or anything please let me know.

I'm desesperate ...

visor
Aug 3, 2003, 07:42 AM
just a standard procedure.

is the external monitor working correctly on other computers?

is the pb17 working correctly with different monitors?

did you run the hardwaretests that should be coming on a cd when you purchase your 'book

From my experience, trashed screen appearence happen if not enough good video memory is available. Now, the PB 17 has enough of that - provided that it is not partly broken.

luro22
Aug 3, 2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by visor
[B]just a standard procedure.

is the external monitor working correctly on other computers?

is the pb17 working correctly with different monitors?

I had some problems with the Formac Galery 2010, on a radeon 9700 on a PC, but finally it worked fine (now for more than two month)
I think the problem could come from the Formac, I read somewhere that its DVi input port as some strange behaviour, with some graphic boards, may be due to its power supply and impedance level.
I will ask formac support also.

I just tried with a crt, throug the DVi - VGA adaptor that is provided, it's working fine ....

did you run the hardwaretests that should be coming on a cd when you purchase your 'book

will try this now, I'll post the result.

Thanks a lot for your help

cb911
Aug 4, 2003, 07:21 AM
don't forget that you can also check KnowlegeBase on Apple's site. they usually have fixes to most problems like this.

luro22
Aug 4, 2003, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by cb911
don't forget that you can also check KnowlegeBase on Apple's site. they usually have fixes to most problems like this.

Good idea ....

:mad: check the thread i found :

http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?50@@.3bc264a0/5!

this simply sound as impossible for me ... what to do ?

luro22
Aug 12, 2003, 09:02 AM
as a final word :

as me, my reseller finally admitted that the 2010 and Al17 were not compliant ...

I had my money back to be able to buy an apple screen ...

by the way, do you know if this line will be updated soon ?