PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with TiBook (GFX?)

SuperCompu2
Aug 16, 2007, 11:23 PM
So my TiBook's been acting up, displaying nothing on the screen at boot-up and making the volume quacks. It also gongs on startup. I tried resetting the PRAM, which worked for about 1 minute till it told me my clock was wrong, then it began twitching the screen with horizontal lines. To top it all off, it doesn't sleep when you close the lid. Special.

So, this is a really inopportune time for my laptop to crap itself, as school is approaching fast again. Anyone know how to correct this?

SuperCompu2
Aug 17, 2007, 01:34 PM
Ok, so I think I narrowed down the problem, and I do think it's the graphics card.

The screen comes up fine with pressure near the GPU, and when released starts the crazy horizontal twitching. Would the fixes seen on the web relating to the re-heating of solder balls in iBooks work with this as well?

noodle654
Aug 17, 2007, 06:33 PM
Ok, so I think I narrowed down the problem, and I do think it's the graphics card.

The screen comes up fine with pressure near the GPU, and when released starts the crazy horizontal twitching. Would the fixes seen on the web relating to the re-heating of solder balls in iBooks work with this as well?

Have you run Apple Hardware Test from your CD's? Or maybe even TechTool Deluxe?

SuperCompu2
Aug 17, 2007, 06:38 PM
Have you run Apple Hardware Test from your CD's? Or maybe even TechTool Deluxe?

Bought the TiBook used from MR user Grimace, no CDs included.

How does TechTool Deluxe work?

noodle654
Aug 17, 2007, 07:52 PM
Bought the TiBook used from MR user Grimace, no CDs included.

How does TechTool Deluxe work?

Well I think you have to have AppleCare, but here is the link on the Apple site https://support.apple.com/techtooldeluxe/main?id=dl