Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

plutnicki

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2003
There is

Someone out there does make a VGA to ADC converter box. I forget the name, but I'm sure a quick search of the forums would find it for you.

It's quite expensive as I recall, $300 or so? Something up there.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
its gonna cost you about 300 dollars, i would just get yourself a formac monitor, it will work natively and it still looks appealing to the eye with its similarities to the apple display.

iJon

PB180

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2002
VGA to ADC

Here's the URL for the Gefen VGA to ADC Conversion Box...

Link to Gefen Website

You can order directly from their site, or from any of the major Mac mail order places. If you already have a nice Cinema Display, then it may be worth it, but the quality isn't as good as using a DVI to ADC adapter. However, I have used this and it works well.

If you don't yet have a PowerBook, you may want the 15" or wait for the 12" to get a DVI port (who knows when that might happen?). If you don't have the monitor either, then you can always get a flat panel screen with both VGA and DVI inputs. That way you can still get the 12", which as you know is a sweet computer!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.