PDA

View Full Version : 1 ghz g4

Scab Cake
Sep 4, 2001, 12:41 PM
Has anyone tried overclocking their g4/867 to 1ghz? And if so, is it stable? I'm ordering my 867 tomorrow. I couldn't wait for the g5. Now it's definitely going to come out in January. Heh. Anyway, let me know if anyone's heard about stability issues at 1ghz. I know Brett o/c'd his dp800 to dp867 and he's having no stability issues...

Thanks in advance...

john123
Sep 4, 2001, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Scab Cake
Has anyone tried overclocking their g4/867 to 1ghz? And if so, is it stable? I'm ordering my 867 tomorrow. I couldn't wait for the g5. Now it's definitely going to come out in January. Heh. Anyway, let me know if anyone's heard about stability issues at 1ghz. I know Brett o/c'd his dp800 to dp867 and he's having no stability issues...

Thanks in advance...

I've heard of OCing to 933....

Scab Cake
Sep 4, 2001, 01:10 PM
Well, I'm referring primarily to the o/c job that this guy did:

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~t-imai/g4de1.html

His machine is running at 1 ghz and I was wondering if anyone else out there had done the same.

I'm sure that there wouldn't be too many problems running at 933 since it really isn't much of a speed boost. I think it's time to buy me a circuit writer pen. :)

MasterX (OSiX)
Sep 4, 2001, 02:55 PM
Check out the MacAddict archives someone got to 1.13 I think, not shure about stability or anything....