Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scab Cake

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2001
Has anyone tried overclocking their g4/867 to 1ghz? And if so, is it stable? I'm ordering my 867 tomorrow. I couldn't wait for the g5. Now it's definitely going to come out in January. Heh. Anyway, let me know if anyone's heard about stability issues at 1ghz. I know Brett o/c'd his dp800 to dp867 and he's having no stability issues...

Thanks in advance...

john123

macrumors 68030
Jul 20, 2001
Originally posted by Scab Cake
Has anyone tried overclocking their g4/867 to 1ghz? And if so, is it stable? I'm ordering my 867 tomorrow. I couldn't wait for the g5. Now it's definitely going to come out in January. Heh. Anyway, let me know if anyone's heard about stability issues at 1ghz. I know Brett o/c'd his dp800 to dp867 and he's having no stability issues...

Thanks in advance...

I've heard of OCing to 933....

Scab Cake

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 26, 2001
Well, I'm referring primarily to the o/c job that this guy did:

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~t-imai/g4de1.html

His machine is running at 1 ghz and I was wondering if anyone else out there had done the same.

I'm sure that there wouldn't be too many problems running at 933 since it really isn't much of a speed boost. I think it's time to buy me a circuit writer pen. :)

MasterX (OSiX)

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2001
Over the Ghz barrier

Check out the MacAddict archives someone got to 1.13 I think, not shure about stability or anything....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.