PDA

View Full Version : Feedback on Apple TV formatted podcast

movingrushmore
Aug 22, 2007, 01:52 PM
Hey all. We started an HD podcast awhile back and its formatted for the apple TV. I don't actually own an Apple TV myself, so I was wondering if I could get a little feedback on the quality from some of you. And also just to make sure that the feed is functioning properly for the ATV. Any input is much appreciated.
-T
Here's the link to the feed in itunes...
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=255535117
Just in case it didn't copy correctly you can get the feed at movingrushmore.com (http://blog.movingrushmore.com)

theBB
Aug 22, 2007, 05:16 PM
I'll give it a try tonight.

theBB
Aug 23, 2007, 01:56 AM
I have tried it. It works fine technically, but I gotta say it does not really look HD quality. Much of the walls in the background looks quite pixelated. I guess it is inevitable given the compression, but I wonder if you can actually get better quality with less resolution, as you'd need less compression for the same size file.

movingrushmore
Aug 23, 2007, 08:28 AM
Hey BB. Thanks for checking it out for me. Would you mind telling me what size and type of a display you have and which episode you checked out? I really appreciate the input.

theBB
Aug 23, 2007, 12:37 PM
Would you mind telling me what size and type of a display you have and which episode you checked out? I really appreciate the input.
I have a 26' Samsung CRT HDTV, so LCD owners might have a different outcome. I have watched Episode #19, I believe, the one on top in iTunes list. The colors and sound was really good. I enjoyed the editing, the fast cuts between scenes. Good job... :)

I think the pixelated walls is normal for MPEG4 or H264 compression, I don't know which one yours was. For some reason, backgrounds with slowly varying details, like a dirty wall let's say, looks very pixelated when I rip a DVD with Handbrake, even though the rest of the stuff looks quite good.

movingrushmore
Aug 23, 2007, 12:57 PM
Awesome. Thanks for the quick response. Its much appreciated. I might try upping the bit rate some for some of the faster moving stuff... hopefully that'll help some.