PDA

View Full Version : I saw tons!!! of Powerbooks this weekend

vollspacken
Aug 12, 2003, 12:17 PM
hi,

I just came back from this fantastic electronic open air festival/rave (http://www.sonnemondsterne.de/jsp/englisch/sms2003/index.jsp) in eastern Germany (those of you who are from Europe know about those multi-day summer festivals ;) )

o.k., I saw tons of great acts (both djs and live acts) during the night, was frying in the sun on the beach at Germany's biggest storage reservoir lake during the day, got pretty smashed and had GREAT! fun...

BUT one of the coolest things was the fact that almost every computer on stage was either a 12" alu or a 15" titanium Powerbook!!! It's good to see that when performance and relieability matter, people seem to make the right choice...

I knew that some of the artists were using Powerbooks but I did not expect such a massive display...

vSpacken

Kwyjibo
Aug 12, 2003, 12:59 PM
very cool, did you nab one for me?

big
Aug 12, 2003, 02:04 PM
no sighting of the alum 15"?

its turning out to be like loch ness...

patrick0brien
Aug 12, 2003, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by big
no sighting of the alum 15"?

its turning out to be like loch ness...

-big

Personally I find it more similar to "Hangar 18", as we know they exist on shelves right now, but are being kept from the public.

cb911
Aug 13, 2003, 02:14 AM
i've seen stuff about those rave's you have over there in Germany. sounds sswweeeettt!! :D

now that i come to think of it... the place where i've seen the most powerbooks in one place would have to be in a Apple reseller. i guess that must be because we don't have that sort of massive multi-day rave's over here. :D

Durandal7
Aug 13, 2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by patrick0brien
-big

Personally I find it more similar to "Hangar 18", as we know they exist on shelves right now, but are being kept from the public.

Naw, it's more like the Aurora spy plane.

patrick0brien
Aug 13, 2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Durandal7
Naw, it's more like the Aurora spy plane.

-Durandal7

Where do you think they park the thing? ;)