PDA

View Full Version : (un)funny Switch parody


AppleMatt
Aug 12, 2003, 04:53 PM
I was browsing the Apple discussion forums and came across someone who had a link to a troll picture in his post (how original), so had a look on his site and found;

http://139.78.255.81/~jgrounds/mac.mpeg

(It's big, all dialup users it's a no-go I'm afriad)

Has anyone seen this before? It's well done but I just wanna punch that guy in the face. My bet is he's never used a Mac and just smells fear...

AppleMatt

Wes
Aug 12, 2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
I was browsing the Apple discussion forums and came across someone who had a link to a troll picture in his post (how original), so had a look on his site and found;

http://139.78.255.81/~jgrounds/mac.mpeg

(It's big, all dialup users it's a no-go I'm afriad)

Has anyone seen this before? It's well done but I just wanna punch that guy in the face. My bet is he's never used a Mac and just smells fear...

AppleMatt

You may want to put a index.html in your sites folder because if you go to

http://139.78.255.81/~jgrounds/

You can see all the files in your sites folder. ;)

AppleMatt
Aug 12, 2003, 05:12 PM
That's not my site, and that's exactly how I got to that movie (I removed the troll.jpeg and looked around).

But thanks for caring :wink:

AppleMatt

Wes
Aug 12, 2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
That's not my site, and that's exactly how I got to that movie (I removed the troll.jpeg and looked around).

But thanks for caring :wink:

AppleMatt

Yeah I was confused because on Mr it says you are uk, and the ip is in America Here (http://tiger.census.gov/cgi-bin/mapgen?lon=-96.0285&lat=35.6454&wid=.45&ht=.3&iht=300&iwd=450&mark=-96.0285,35.6454,redball,139.78.255.81%20services%20this%20area%20-%20Okmulgee,%20OK;)
He should do something about it, he has some passwords in there.

I have seen that switch ad before, I am sure there is a thread about it.

Schiffi
Aug 12, 2003, 05:20 PM
Is it that mac crash video?

http://www.reallifehosting.com/~schiffi/maccrash

or is it the gamer switch commercial?

Show some 56K love!

daveL
Aug 12, 2003, 05:35 PM
It's weird. If you go up a level (just the IP), there's a Unix logo displayed in the upper left corner. There's also a bunch of smaller icons across the top, which behave like a magnifying dock. It's kind of curious, given the mac.mpeg (although I haven't gotten it all downloaded, yet).

tazo
Aug 12, 2003, 06:13 PM
if it takes more than 5 minutes to get any gray bar in quicktime it aint worth my time :rolleyes: and I am on cable!

cb911
Aug 12, 2003, 08:55 PM
i'ma downloading it now. i always like to see un-funny switch movies. :D

johnnowak
Aug 12, 2003, 09:46 PM
OMG.. who the hell is this loser:

http://139.78.255.81/~thaynes/

johnnowak
Aug 12, 2003, 09:53 PM
And.. wow.

http://139.78.255.81/~itclass/

illumin8
Aug 12, 2003, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
Has anyone seen this before? It's well done but I just wanna punch that guy in the face. My bet is he's never used a Mac and just smells fear...
Dude, chill out just a few. That video is a parody. See this page for an explanation, from the people that actually made the video:

http://www.happynowhere.net/mac_parody.htm

I think it's really funny, and he did a very good job on it. It sounds to me like they actually really enjoy using Macs and were just complaining about a few late nights of frustration he's had.

cb911
Aug 12, 2003, 11:39 PM
LOL!!! :D

i love that movie!! it's been posted here before under the heading 'angry mac user', but i guess this is good for people that haven't seen it before. and this version has the site of the guys that made it as well.

"The Mac *killed* my inner child." LMAO!!! :D :D

AppleMatt
Aug 13, 2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by illumin8
Dude, chill out just a few. That video is a parody. See this page for an explanation, from the people that actually made the video:

http://www.happynowhere.net/mac_parody.htm

I think it's really funny, and he did a very good job on it. It sounds to me like they actually really enjoy using Macs and were just complaining about a few late nights of frustration he's had.

Err didn't I say all this in my post? That it's a parody? That it's well done?

The funniest bit is definately where he says about running out to get Norton, which then tells him "Dude, it's a Macinstosh, your file is ********* gone"

AppleMatt

johnnowak
Aug 13, 2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
Err didn't I say all this in my post? It's a parody? It's well done?

AppleMatt

No, you said you bet he's never even used a mac, and that you wanted to punch him in the face.

AppleMatt
Aug 13, 2003, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by AppleMatt
(un)funny Switch parody

Originally posted by AppleMatt Has anyone seen this before? It's well done but I just wanna punch that guy in the face. My bet is he's never used a Mac and just smells fear...

I knew it was a parody and I stated this in the thread title. I also said it was well done, it was. Just because the link I was given says he uses a Mac, doesn't mean I'll blindly believe it. Maybe he does, but I'm not hunting for proof. Also he annoys me, personal opinion, but he does.

The Haxial guy claims he uses Macs too.
http://spl.haxial.com/apple-powermac-G5/

AppleMatt

redAPPLE
Aug 13, 2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by johnnowak
OMG.. who the hell is this loser:

http://139.78.255.81/~thaynes/

woah! that dude has a girlfriend? :D

redAPPLE
Aug 13, 2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by johnnowak
And.. wow.

http://139.78.255.81/~itclass/

is that an official "oklahoma state university" page?

if so, then that is really Bad!

Daveman Deluxe
Aug 13, 2003, 11:06 AM
I watched the video and laughed really hard.

Then I showed it to my sister and she laughed really hard.

I'm going to show it to my piano teacher (she has a computer but doesn't really like them) and I bet she'll laugh really hard.