PDA

View Full Version : Price points for the iPod touch?

tylersail
Sep 2, 2007, 07:53 PM
I just joined the club of ripping people off and selling them an ipod that will be updated in under a week, so I'm all set to buy :D

I just wonder what the price will be. What's this history of iPod prices? I really hope it will stay at $249, but could it go up to $300, $350?

aethelbert
Sep 2, 2007, 08:23 PM
Traditionally, the prices have been dropped or the same. But remember, people are speculating that a new iPod line will be introduced (to make four total product lines). If you are hoping for an iPod with a multi-touch interface, I think that you're looking at $300+. $350+ if it has wifi.

These prices may be accurate, they may not be. The speculation of a touch iPod may be accurate or bogus. All will tell when Steve walks onto a stage sometime Wednesday morning.

downingp
Sep 2, 2007, 08:26 PM
I would pay $300-$350 for the new ipod touch. Heck, I remember when I paid $400-$500 for the "newest" ipod.

telf22
Sep 2, 2007, 08:35 PM
I just joined the club of ripping people off and selling them an ipod that will be updated in under a week, so I'm all set to buy :D

I just wonder what the price will be. What's this history of iPod prices? I really hope it will stay at $249, but could it go up to $300, $350?

I will pay any sum of money for the top ipod touch. I cannot wait any longer!!! Do u think they will be in my 5th avenue apple store on wednesday???

gusapple
Sep 2, 2007, 08:41 PM

Me too! Yeah but I'm hearing from Don Bagles that it will be close to the iPhone price. It makes sense, though, I mean, if it is touch screen, it would have to cost more so the iPhone wouldn't be replaced.

Plutonius
Sep 2, 2007, 10:13 PM
If the new iPod touch is 120G or 160G and it is similar to the iPhone (OS X, wifi, etc) but without the phone capability , it will probably go for at least $500.00.

rockthecasbah
Sep 2, 2007, 10:24 PM
I think the Touch will have 2 models, possibly 60GB and 120GB, so two price points. I wouldn't be surprised if they are significantly more expensive than the regular iPods, similar to the Photos being a lot more than the monochrome iPods. I'm sure they will not exceed $500, possibly $350 and $450? That sounds reasonable to me, but it depends also on features (wifi or not mostly).

seenew
Sep 2, 2007, 11:14 PM
I paid $400 for a 10GB iPod in 2002. :[