PDA

View Full Version : The day of the WHITE iPod has come to an end!

MattyMac
Sep 5, 2007, 04:45 PM
Its very sad, but seems to be true. Apparantely aluminum is the new white.

psychofreak
Sep 5, 2007, 04:47 PM
The end of scratched white has come. Pity though, it was beautiful, but the benefits of metal outweigh the beauty of white...

MattyMac
Sep 5, 2007, 05:58 PM
The end of scratched white has come. Pity though, it was beautiful, but the benefits of metal outweigh the beauty of white...

I just thought by calling it iPod classic apple would at least keep the classic color:confused:

HLdan
Sep 5, 2007, 06:09 PM
In fact the only Apple product left "white" is the Macbook. I'm glad the white is going away. I just got the new iMac aluminum and love it. What I do actually like are the accessories like the mighty mouse and power adaptors being in white but the computers and iPods, it's time for a change.

slevytam
Sep 5, 2007, 06:24 PM
I am really sad to see the white gone. Personally, I like it way more then the aluminum. Plus I think its part of what made apple products more appealing to the public. Seems to me that sales started going up when the clean white look came about...

PygmySurfer
Sep 6, 2007, 11:30 AM
I am really sad to see the white gone. Personally, I like it way more then the aluminum. Plus I think its part of what made apple products more appealing to the public. Seems to me that sales started going up when the clean white look came about...

Since Apple released the white iPods and Macs, how many companies have followed suit? Now everyone has white consumer electronics (Nintendo, Microsoft - even my HP printer is glossy white). Apple set the glossy white trend, and they're going to be the first company to move away from it.

Aluminum is the new glossy white.

PlaceofDis
Sep 6, 2007, 11:33 AM
its an interesting shift and makes me wonder whats going to happen to the macbooks.

and are they going to change up the Pro lines to create a difference between consumer and pro visually.

imac/cheese
Sep 6, 2007, 01:11 PM
I imagine a teal green macbook in the near future.

MattyMac
Sep 6, 2007, 08:19 PM

iPods ok...but funky colors on laptops = ewww!

I never liked the old ibooks.

carve
Sep 6, 2007, 09:31 PM
yeah, I agree. It is sad, I have the iBook and the ipod video 5G. I like the white look, it made apple stand out from the other companies.

Marky_Mark
Sep 7, 2007, 08:54 AM
Same here to both devices, and similarly, I will miss them. But it's just like the old Bondi Blue CRT iMacs: once everyone from mousemat manufacturers to desklamp designers starting using that original Bondi Blue, Apple moved away from it. Brushed Aluminium is obviously now the material of the moment, and white is now passe. Embrace the new! ;)

imac/cheese
Sep 7, 2007, 09:27 AM
iPods ok...but funky colors on laptops = ewww!

I never liked the old ibooks.

I agree. I didn't say that I would like a green laptop, just that I could imagine one. :eek:

MattyMac
Sep 10, 2007, 10:00 PM
Same here to both devices, and similarly, I will miss them. But it's just like the old Bondi Blue CRT iMacs: once everyone from mousemat manufacturers to desklamp designers starting using that original Bondi Blue, Apple moved away from it. Brushed Aluminium is obviously now the material of the moment, and white is now passe. Embrace the new! ;)

agreed...I do love the brushed aluminum!

kerotab
Sep 10, 2007, 10:12 PM

well, if you're willing to spend more money, that could come true:

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/select_macbook.aspx

ventro
Sep 10, 2007, 11:40 PM
Yep, and after aluminum, they are going to go to hi-density black plastics, and maybe after that back to white.

PygmySurfer
Sep 11, 2007, 12:09 AM
Yep, and after aluminum, they are going to go to hi-density black plastics, and maybe after that back to white.

You don't think they'll try beige first?

Prof.
Sep 11, 2007, 03:35 AM
In fact the only Apple product left "white" is the Macbook. I'm glad the white is going away. I just got the new iMac aluminum and love it. What I do actually like are the accessories like the mighty mouse and power adaptors being in white but the computers and iPods, it's time for a change.

Apple plans to shed the white plastic on the MacBook and replace it with brushed aluminum.

Prof. :apple: