PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Nano

Readma
Sep 5, 2007, 06:39 PM
Ok so the new ipods are finally here and i think most of the people who post on this forum would have spoiled it for themself weeks in advance veiwing all the rumors so there was really no big surprises there. It just seems to me like the new ipod nano seems incredibly ugly. I know it has a bigger screen and all so that you can watch movies but i personally just dont think that its apple.

What do you all think?

sushi
Sep 5, 2007, 06:40 PM
I will await judgement until I have seen them in person.

10th Wonder
Sep 5, 2007, 06:44 PM
I think it doesn't look as bad as many people have put it out to be. I think it will appeal to certain people who want something such as the new little video for everyone.

Telp
Sep 5, 2007, 06:45 PM

Same goes here. Im more impressed then when i saw the pictures online on gizmodo or what not.

siurpeeman
Sep 5, 2007, 06:46 PM
seeing more pictures and video of the new nano in action, they don't look nearly as bad as i thought. i'll still want to check one out in person, but i don't think it'll matter; they really are priced to move.

gloss
Sep 5, 2007, 06:48 PM
Engadget really liked them, apparently. They say that the thinness and tapered edges help offset the chunky proportions, and that it's both itsy-bitsy and solid-feeling in person.

maccam
Sep 5, 2007, 06:51 PM
I love the look!! And I already bought one!

pianoman
Sep 5, 2007, 07:12 PM
the ergonomics is what i'm curious about. the previous model nano fit in my hand very well; this new one being shorter, i'm not so sure.

like sushi, i'll wait to pass judgement until i've used one.

MattyMac
Sep 5, 2007, 07:21 PM
I love the look!! And I already bought one!

Both of your statements apply to me as well:D

DeeGee48
Sep 5, 2007, 07:58 PM
What do you all think?

Actually, I think it's kinda cute, like my wife (same proportions! :D)

And if you look at the TV spot I think you'll have to agree that when people see THIS ad, that new NANO is going to sell like those proverbial hotcakes. Might even turn out to be the biggest or fastest selling iPod of all time! Let's see what happens. Methinks many of us gave it a bum rap during the 'rumor phase' this past month or so!

Kendall015
Sep 5, 2007, 09:16 PM
Both of your statements apply to me as well:D

I just looked at your sig, and I feel better about my iPod buying addiction :)

HLdan
Sep 5, 2007, 09:17 PM
Actually, I think it's kinda cute, like my wife (same proportions! :D)

Short and wide?:D

Sesshi
Sep 5, 2007, 09:22 PM

Translation: I think it's ugly too, but I'm hoping that seeing it in person the Reality Distortion Field will overcome it :p

DeeGee48
Sep 5, 2007, 09:45 PM
Short and wide?:D

Yeah, I call her my "short, stubby woman"! But very cute! :D

HLdan
Sep 5, 2007, 09:47 PM
Yeah, I call her my "short, stubby woman"! But very cute! :D

LOL, I'm glad you have a good sense of humor, I didn't mean to be insulting. Cheers.:)

APPLENEWBIE
Sep 5, 2007, 09:52 PM
I made one... outa plywood... just to see how it felt, dimensionally, in the hand. It is really a convenient size, and surprisingly small. This has got to be about as small as you can make something for viewing video. Any smaller, and it would be difficult to hold steady, I think. The screen will be small, but better sized than I would have guessed. They're gonna sell a bazillion of these things, the 4 gb especially.

EricNau
Sep 5, 2007, 09:55 PM
I'm only concerned about the colors...