Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Readma

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2007
Ok so the new ipods are finally here and i think most of the people who post on this forum would have spoiled it for themself weeks in advance veiwing all the rumors so there was really no big surprises there. It just seems to me like the new ipod nano seems incredibly ugly. I know it has a bigger screen and all so that you can watch movies but i personally just dont think that its apple.

What do you all think?

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
seeing more pictures and video of the new nano in action, they don't look nearly as bad as i thought. i'll still want to check one out in person, but i don't think it'll matter; they really are priced to move.

gloss

macrumors 601
May 9, 2006
around/about
Engadget really liked them, apparently. They say that the thinness and tapered edges help offset the chunky proportions, and that it's both itsy-bitsy and solid-feeling in person.

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
the ergonomics is what i'm curious about. the previous model nano fit in my hand very well; this new one being shorter, i'm not so sure.

like sushi, i'll wait to pass judgement until i've used one.

DeeGee48

macrumors regular
Jun 28, 2007
Havertown, Pa
The NANO "Phatty"!

What do you all think?

Actually, I think it's kinda cute, like my wife (same proportions! :D)

And if you look at the TV spot I think you'll have to agree that when people see THIS ad, that new NANO is going to sell like those proverbial hotcakes. Might even turn out to be the biggest or fastest selling iPod of all time! Let's see what happens. Methinks many of us gave it a bum rap during the 'rumor phase' this past month or so!

APPLENEWBIE

macrumors 6502a
May 8, 2006
The high desert, USA
I made one... outa plywood... just to see how it felt, dimensionally, in the hand. It is really a convenient size, and surprisingly small. This has got to be about as small as you can make something for viewing video. Any smaller, and it would be difficult to hold steady, I think. The screen will be small, but better sized than I would have guessed. They're gonna sell a bazillion of these things, the 4 gb especially.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.