PDA

View Full Version : iPod Touch - wifi over Airport Express?

Simon R.
Sep 6, 2007, 08:04 AM
Hey.

Now that the iPod Touch has wifi, does anyone know if it is possible to playback music to the Airport Express, just like you can do from iTunes on a MacBook? That would be really cool as it would be sort of like a remote control for playing music on your stereo wirelessly - even more so if it can playback shared iTunes libraries from PC's/Mac's :)

net26
Sep 6, 2007, 08:06 AM
been wondering about that myself... of course using the touch as an appleTV remote would be equally cool :D

rjgonzales
Sep 6, 2007, 08:15 AM
Hey.

Now that the iPod Touch has wifi, does anyone know if it is possible to playback music to the Airport Express, just like you can do from iTunes on a MacBook? That would be really cool as it would be sort of like a remote control for playing music on your stereo wirelessly - even more so if it can playback shared iTunes libraries from PC's/Mac's :)

I've been waiting for this for a while... I think the answer is still no:(

tobefirst
Sep 6, 2007, 08:37 AM
You can't play music on an iPhone through an Airport Express, so there is no reason to think that you would from the iPod Touch. However, there are several web-based utilities that let you use the iPhone as a remote for a computer playing over the AE. Those utilities allow you to select a specific song, do a search, change playlists, add songs similar to an "on the go" playlist...

ajeskey
Sep 6, 2007, 11:42 AM
With out the album art, and pod cast features on the iPod Touch, streaming to an Airport would be kind of a weak feature.

Seems to me that if Apple had made this iPod more of an iPod that runs iTunes, and not an iPod that just runs another iPod OS; the Touch would be even more well received.

Maybe someone will make a nice little app that can do this under the hood...

londonboy
Sep 7, 2007, 09:41 AM
Is this right? I just asked this to someone on the apple helpline - they said they didn't know, and went and asked technical help, who said you could. she may not have known what she was talking about, i suppose. Can anyone give a definitive answer??
Makes a big difference to me. if the answer is yes, i'll get a touch, otherwise i'll just get a classic i think...