PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions of new nano vs old nano

RMcolder
Sep 6, 2007, 10:27 AM
Can any one post a comparison of l x w x h of the old vs new nano? Also, superimposed image of one on the other would give a great idea of what has changed physically. I would appreciate it and I am sure others would as well. Hope everyone is happy with the new ipods!

krose0307
Sep 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
The basic specs work out like this:

2g Ipod Nano

Height: 3.5"
Width: 1.6"
Depth: .27"
Weight: 1.5 oz. with battery
Screen: 1.5-inch (diagonal) color LCD with LED backlight\
Battery: Up to 14 hours of music playback; up to 4 hours of slideshows with music

Full Specs from Apple (http://support.apple.com/specs/ipod/iPod_nano.html)

3g Ipod Nano

Height: 2.75"
Width: 2.06"
Depth: .26"
Weight: 1.74 oz. with battery
Screen: 2-inch (diagonal) liquid crystal display with blue-white LED backlight
Battery: Up to 24 hours music playback; Up to 5 hours video playback

Full Specs from Apple (http://www.apple.com/ipodnano/specs.html)

So the big differences are height, width and weight; the obvious screen upgrade; and a better battery life.

lofight
Sep 6, 2007, 10:37 AM
Can any one post a comparison of l x w x h of the old vs new nano? Also, superimposed image of one on the other would give a great idea of what has changed physically. I would appreciate it and I am sure others would as well. Hope everyone is happy with the new ipods!

is it so hard to just go for one minute to the tech page of apple?? do you need to start a whole thread for that ?

QCassidy352
Sep 6, 2007, 10:42 AM
I thought the old nano had 24 hours battery life too. I remember some thing about it on the nano page ("what can you do in 24 hours" kind of thing).

krose0307
Sep 6, 2007, 10:50 AM
I thought the old nano had 24 hours battery life too. I remember some thing about it on the nano page ("what can you do in 24 hours" kind of thing).

I got the specs from apple... maybe they were from the original nano rather than the 2g?

dejo
Sep 6, 2007, 10:51 AM
is it so hard to just go for one minute to the tech page of apple?? do you need to start a whole thread for that ?
A picture really is worth a thousand words:

RMcolder
Sep 6, 2007, 11:07 AM
Thanks so much Dejo! Demi-God for sure but you are working your way up!
It is really helpful and I think others benefit as well.

No need to be so critical lofight. I am sure you found dejo's post useful as well, that is, if you gave the thread a chance instead of immediately disregarding it.

Have a good day everyone!