PDA

View Full Version : In Stores Yet

bhilimon
Sep 6, 2007, 11:44 AM
Just wondering if anyone has seen the new ipods in the stores yet? I can call later after work I guess but this is easier.

lofight
Sep 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
Just wondering if anyone has seen the new ipods in the stores yet? I can call later after work I guess but this is easier.

only shuffle will be out direcly the rest will take a while... ipod touch probably 28 Sept, i don't know when the ipod nano will come but i thought it was in a week, i could be wrong, and ipod classic in also a week?? i think

neuroticomic
Sep 6, 2007, 12:09 PM

just curious, but how is THIS easier?

pick up the phone, call, get an instant answer from someone who would actually know.

lazy.

spaceballl
Sep 6, 2007, 12:17 PM
I'm in the bay area and none of the stores had them yesterday - i'm going to try and grab one at lunch or this evening - I'll let you know if they're in stock.

iFalcon
Sep 6, 2007, 12:25 PM
They have them in the Des Moines, Iowa store. They just got them this morning.

Roy Hobbs
Sep 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
only shuffle will be out direcly the rest will take a while... ipod touch probably 28 Sept, i don't know when the ipod nano will come but i thought it was in a week, i could be wrong, and ipod classic in also a week?? i think

Classics and Nanos should be in store Fri or Saturday at the latest

eggplant
Sep 6, 2007, 12:35 PM
They have them in the Des Moines, Iowa store. They just got them this morning.

Does that include the iPod Touch or just Nano, Classic or Shuffle? :)

Roy Hobbs
Sep 6, 2007, 12:37 PM
Does that include the iPod Touch or just Nano, Classic or Shuffle? :)

Did you not pay attention yesterday??
Touch isnt even shipping until the 28th

eggplant
Sep 6, 2007, 12:43 PM
Did you not pay attention yesterday??
Touch isnt even shipping until the 28th

I'm not stupid like you assume... yes I read all the fuss yesterday and they say its not shipping from the Apple online store till the end of the month, but what about the retail stores..

Roy Hobbs
Sep 6, 2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not stupid like you assume... yes I read all the fuss yesterday and they say its not shipping from the Apple online store till the end of the month, but what about the retail stores..

The same, they hane't shipped from the facories at all.

Reseg
Sep 6, 2007, 12:49 PM
I'm in Austin Texas and here's what I've found so far in my search for what store will get the Ipod Nano and when:

-Called Best Buy, they said the 12th
-Called the Apple outlet store, they said they heard some time this weekend
-Called Fry's Electronics, they said either Friday or Monday
-Called Circuit City, they said they won't get the new Ipod Nanos till the end of the month.
-Called CompUSA, they said "next week"
-Called Walmart, they said probably somewhere between a week and a month.
-Called the main Apple number and the lady said she heard they go out this weekend.

I GIVE UP! I'll just check Fry's and the Apple store tomorrow and Sat, then again Monday.

It's amazing to me major stores aren't promoting pre orders or at least listing them as coming soon to drum up interest and get customers into their stores. I can't find any online info on a date a store expects to get them, heck I don't even see a mention of them on store websites other than Amazon.

Reseg
Sep 6, 2007, 12:52 PM
The same, they hane't shipped from the facories at all.

Didn't Steve say @ the conference they were shipping to stores yesterday? I would imagine some stores got overnight shipping.

sam10685
Sep 6, 2007, 12:53 PM

pick up the phone, call, get an instant answer from someone who would actually know.

lazy.

just curious, but how is he lazy? some people, like myself, can't speak. (think before you post.;) )

lofight
Sep 6, 2007, 01:45 PM
what I found on belgium store:

iPod Shuffle: ready to start shipping in 24 hours
iPod Nano: ready to start shipping in 3 days
iPod Classic: ready to start shipping in 3 days
iPod Touch: ready to start shipping September 28th

EDIT: I think the shuffle is already shipping and that the 24 hours just mean yes they are ready, because the apple tv is also ready to ship in 24 hours but it hasn't been just released.

aidanpendragon
Sep 6, 2007, 01:48 PM

lazy.

Sometimes Apple stores seem like the last to know...it may well be easier to check here...

Foxer
Sep 6, 2007, 01:57 PM
All the stores around me (five Apple stores in the DC area) have the 80 GB Classic in stock (I held one in my hand, so I know it to be true). Nobody seems to have the 160GB, which is what I need.

I haven't been asking after any of the other models.

rockthecasbah
Sep 6, 2007, 02:23 PM
I called the Sagemore Store last night and the guy seemed all confused and just said to call back tomorrow (now today) ... but I'm probably just gonna wait to call until Saturday (since I can't even get over there tonight or tomorrow anyway).

bousozoku
Sep 6, 2007, 02:31 PM

lazy.

That would make sense. :D

I thought that the earliest they guaranteed was that some of them would be in the stores on Saturday.

jhershauer
Sep 6, 2007, 02:42 PM
Just in case anybody here lives in AZ and is looking for a nano...the Chandler, AZ Apple store has them in stock. I just picked up a black [Edit: "graphite" is probably a better description] 8GB Nano Phatty.

Jeff

itsmillertime
Sep 6, 2007, 04:36 PM
Im in boston and went to the cambridge apple store. I spoke with an apple guy there...and he told me they already had the nano's and new ipod videos in the store and ready to sell. He opened up a drawer behind the counter filled with nanos and picked up the box of the new ipod video. He then told me that the ipod touch would be in stock and available to buy sometime this weekend...probably saturday.

So yeah, at least at this store, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY AN IPOD TOUCH THIS WEEKEND.

spaceballl
Sep 6, 2007, 04:48 PM
So yeah, at least at this store, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO BUY AN IPOD TOUCH THIS WEEKEND.
I think the Apple store guy is misinformed.

spaceballl
Sep 6, 2007, 04:53 PM
An update - as of 11AM this morning, the Palo Alto store did not have the iPod classic. However, just called, and now they have the 80gb model.

hatcher146
Sep 6, 2007, 04:54 PM

yes he must be. its supposed to ship by the 28th. i hope he is right...but im afraid he is wrong. :( why is it that they are shipping later?

boobooq88
Sep 6, 2007, 04:56 PM
I was the first to get a 80 GB black iPod classic today at my local Apple store (Mission Viejo, CA) and some guy got a new Nano just b4 I did. So they are in at least some stores already.:)

spaceballl
Sep 6, 2007, 05:56 PM
Yes and i can say that my brand new 80gb iPod Classic is in the process of syncing up to my macbook right now!

-Kevin

SoldOutMatinee
Sep 6, 2007, 06:16 PM
Just got off the phone with an Apple employee at the Las Vegas Fashion Show Mall Apple Store and he said they had the nano in stock but not on display.

Roy Hobbs
Sep 6, 2007, 06:26 PM
I just picked up an 80 gig silver classic at the Somerset Apple Store.

It is VERY nice, the Touch is cool but I already have an iPhone only 8 gig of space.

realityisterror
Sep 6, 2007, 06:52 PM
Has anyone purchased or at least heard of the classic or nano being in stock at resellers? I'm thinking Fry's, Best Buy, and Target specifically?
It's probably not priority, but I'm sure Apple has the potential to get them in everyone's paws pretty quick.

itsmillertime
Sep 7, 2007, 08:14 PM

Thats possible. I called that same store today and spoke with a different person, and they said thats a big lie. They would get them toward the end of the month. Thats just odd, because the apple guy said I would be able to call saturday around 1pm when "they get the shipments in" and put the touch on hold till monday when i return to boston. Maybe he got it mistaken with the new video ipod, but I clearly said "Ipod touch" multiple times and I put an emphasis on "Ipod TOUCH", so we'll just see i guess. Im calling tomorrow at 1 either way, maybe ill get lucky.

carve
Sep 7, 2007, 09:06 PM
plymouth in minnesota had it at the ridgedale store.

rowpindi
Sep 7, 2007, 09:21 PM
i live in Melbourne, Australia and the guy at myer (huge department store) said ipod touches would be in 17th september. i asked multiple times if he was sure it was the ipod touch and he said yes; but they dont take pre orders for some reason. anyway i hope he's right!
im gonna call next week to confirm with some other store person.

Tofaha
Sep 7, 2007, 09:57 PM
i was @ my local store tonight and i saww them!!!
the nanos are crazy small...its really surprising to hold it in your hand and have that many capabilities... its CRAZY!:eek:
i love it

bobr
Sep 7, 2007, 10:36 PM
Madison, WI store has the new Nanos (scored one) and the 80GB Classic. No joy on the 160GB models yet.

queshy
Sep 7, 2007, 11:50 PM
Big electronic stores don't want to receive the new iPods or promote them - they want to get rid of the old first. At Future shop we were told to push the white old iMacs real hard when the new ones were released.

gadgetgirl85
Sep 7, 2007, 11:52 PM
i live in Melbourne, Australia and the guy at myer (huge department store) said ipod touches would be in 17th september. i asked multiple times if he was sure it was the ipod touch and he said yes; but they dont take pre orders for some reason. anyway i hope he's right!
im gonna call next week to confirm with some other store person.

I very hope so he's right! :D

realityisterror
Sep 8, 2007, 12:30 PM
Myself and a few others asked about this earlier, but no one has answered.

I picked up my 80GB classic in silver this morning at Best Buy. Target and Fry's did not have it yet, but Best Buy had the 80GB and 4GB nanos.

Good luck to all those with no Apple Stores in sight!

iToaster
Sep 8, 2007, 12:45 PM
Anyone know anything about the new Apple store in Louisville, KY? I want a touch, just need to know when they might have 'em.

SactoGuy18
Sep 8, 2007, 03:25 PM
Here's the situation in the Sacramento, CA area:

Apple Store (Arden Fair Mall)--3G nanos in stock, 80 GB silver case classics in stock, black case classics backordered due to high demand.

Best Buy--will get them in early this coming week.

Fry's Electronics--will get them in middle of this coming week.

Circuit City--will get them middle of this coming week.

Target--arriving some time this coming week.

Wal-Mart--arriving some time this coming week.

Sears--arriving some time this coming week.

Costco and Sam's Club--unknown but probably real soon.

TheBonk
Sep 8, 2007, 03:28 PM
The Apple Store at Woodfield Mall in Chicago has most of the released line-up. The only one I didn't see on display was the 160GB Classic.

djstarrock
Sep 8, 2007, 03:34 PM
Well the Apple store in Glasgow has some nano's not sure about the Classics.

Flyinace2000
Sep 8, 2007, 04:17 PM
The Tices Corner (NJ) had both Nano's and Classics.

I wasn't tooo impressed with the classic. :-(

bill4588
Sep 8, 2007, 04:20 PM
the apple store at northpoint (GA) has the new shuffles, nano's, and 80GB Classics.

onebloodonelife
Sep 8, 2007, 05:23 PM
Just back from the Mall of America store, got a silver 80Gb Classic for myself. They had all the Nanos out, the Shuffles, and I believe both Classics, but I could be mistaken.

rockthecasbah
Sep 8, 2007, 08:50 PM
I called the Sagemore store earlier today and they told me i would have no trouble getting an iPod... when i came in the store at about 7:30 it was swamped, and it looked like the only had a few left of each color and capacity... I didn't even see Nanos or Shuffles!

peter32892
Sep 8, 2007, 09:48 PM
apple store in Albany New York has the new ipods on display and are available.

tuosfan
Sep 10, 2007, 10:10 AM
drove out to the columbia, md store on sunday and snagged myself a silver 160.

tysons corner,va reported they had 160s in black.
clarendon -arlington, va sold out of silver 160s
bethesda, md (both stores) had not even received them yet.