PDA

View Full Version : Unboxing Pics: 3G Nano - Blue

DVNIEL
Sep 6, 2007, 02:15 PM
Enjoy these pics:

Confirmed to work with my car's stereo system: Sony X-plode CDX-GT510

cornerdealy
Sep 6, 2007, 02:16 PM
looks like I'm gonna need to buy a couple 30" ACD's to view these pics...

milo
Sep 6, 2007, 02:19 PM
looks like I'm gonna need to buy a couple 30" ACD's to view these pics...

Yow! He's right. Shrink those already (both dimensions and file size), there's no reason to post pix that big.

DVNIEL
Sep 6, 2007, 02:21 PM
Good point, let me resize them

Jack Flash
Sep 6, 2007, 02:24 PM
That thing is ugly as sin.

DVNIEL
Sep 6, 2007, 02:28 PM
Still shooting

DVNIEL
Sep 6, 2007, 02:33 PM
Here you go

jrbsman
Sep 6, 2007, 02:37 PM
I love the new UI. Everything is starting to look sharper. Can't wait for Leopard to see how all this new design is going to transfer over.

milo
Sep 6, 2007, 02:46 PM

I don't agree, and I'll bet the average person doesn't either. People don't care about the Golden Rectangle, they care about how the screen looks, how much it holds, and how it works.

These things will sell like crazy.

mckvakk
Sep 6, 2007, 02:58 PM
And mine hasn't even shipped yet :(
Did you order yours online?

DVNIEL
Sep 6, 2007, 02:59 PM
Bought it at the Apple Store

Walnut Creek, CA

Right when I walked in, the Fed EX guy smiled at me.

Tom B.
Sep 6, 2007, 03:09 PM

Yeah well sin is pretty good looking to some. ;)

I really like it, and after looking at these pictures, I have now chance of resisting buying one next time I'm in an Apple Store. But now I need to work out how I can afford an iPod touch as well. :D

Stampyhead
Sep 6, 2007, 03:18 PM
Bought it at the Apple Store

Walnut Creek, CA

Right when I walked in, the Fed EX guy smiled at me.

Dang, that's not fair! I went into my local Apple store today in Kansas City and there was no sign the new iPods even existed. They still have the old ones out on display. Guess we'll have to wait a few days since we're not CALIFORNIA...

j/k/Andy
Sep 6, 2007, 03:26 PM
Sweet, I'm buying a 4GB one tomorrow if my store has them in :)

mckvakk
Sep 6, 2007, 03:49 PM
aw, we don't have apple stores, only resellers. They usually don't get things this early. Oh well, i bet it's worth the wait, and it's somewhat fun to refresh shipping info to see if it has changed. If only they could actually ship it :rolleyes:

gadgetgirl85
Sep 6, 2007, 04:21 PM
Nice pics there :)

Alloye
Sep 6, 2007, 04:29 PM
Looks great! I really like the new design.

peter32892
Sep 6, 2007, 04:31 PM
Yeah I am thinking about getting one of these. It is cool the colors are like the old minis now and not so bright and stuff any more. I am definitely getting the 8gig but not sure which color will have to go see them in person which I plan on doing this Saturday. So yeah woot it will be my first ipod so I can't wait till they get to an apple store near me.

DoFoT9
Sep 6, 2007, 04:32 PM
wow that looks really really nice. so thin!! what is the video playback like on the screen???

mkrishnan
Sep 6, 2007, 04:33 PM
Thanks for posting, and congratulations!

Now that you have Nike+, join us for some running in our MR competitions!!! :)

Are there any side by side pics of the 2G and 3G Nanos yet? :)

Tom B.
Sep 6, 2007, 04:47 PM
Yep!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1090/1338254364_f3ab4c88ce.jpg?v=0http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1289/1337734288_df9f0a033b.jpg?v=0

More here (http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipodlounger/sets/72157601897176809/), courtesy of iLounge. :)

vanzskater272
Sep 6, 2007, 04:50 PM
Wow thanks. I was afraid that the red would look too pink but its actually pretty good.
Can you buy the red one in stores or is it just the apple store and online

jhershauer
Sep 6, 2007, 04:57 PM
Thanks for posting, and congratulations!

Now that you have Nike+, join us for some running in our MR competitions!!! :)

I took a couple of quick snapshots of the two together, and published them here: http://gallery.mac.com/jhershauer#100120. The second picture is with the 2G sitting on top of the 3G. When you look at it this way, I don't think the 3G looks nearly as "fat" as when they're side-by-side.

I thought it was amusing that somebody on Amazon posted that the 3G Nano isn't pocketable anymore. I actually find it more pocketable, as I can fit the entire 3G Nano in the watch pocket of my size 34 501s. The 2G Nano sticks out the top quite a bit. I also find the new one more comfortable to operate. I always liked the look of the old one, but sometimes fumbled with it a bit trying to get the right grip to operate the wheel.

Jeff

jhershauer
Sep 6, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wow thanks. I was afraid that the red would look too pink but its actually pretty good.

They had the red ones at the Chandler, AZ Apple store today.

vanzskater272
Sep 6, 2007, 04:59 PM
They had the red ones at the Chandler, AZ Apple store today.

Oh yeah. But I mean stores like bestbuy and compusa and such.

mkrishnan
Sep 6, 2007, 05:04 PM
Thanks, y'all, that's very helpful! :)

Villanova, since you have a Nike kit, clearly, did you already find an armband for this? Are they already selling new Nike armbands?

jhershauer
Sep 6, 2007, 05:08 PM

Sorry. I mis-read your post. I thought you said "apple store online"...I missed the "and".

Tom B.
Sep 6, 2007, 05:20 PM
Are they already selling new Nike armbands?
The new Apple armband works with the Nike+ receiver.
http://store.apple.com/Catalog/uk/Images/MB130_screen.jpg
Exercise your right to a great soundtrack with the ultimate workout duo: an iPod nano and a flexible, lightweight armband. Simply insert your iPod nano into the pocket, wrap the band around your arm or wrist, and secure it with the adjustable fasteners. The pocket even has space for the Nike + iPod Sport Kit receiver. Now plug your headphones into the jack and press Play. The 100 percent skip-free playback means you can run, ride, lift, and more without missing a second of your favorite tunes.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=CC6E8915&nplm=MB130G/A