PDA

View Full Version : O Great...New Nano has RECESSED Headphone Port???!

sixth
Sep 7, 2007, 07:05 AM
I have been looking at the Nano unboxing pics and noticed that it has the same style recessed headphone port as the iPhone has. What gives??? And still NO ONE makes a decent headphone adapter!!

Chundles
Sep 7, 2007, 07:10 AM
I have been looking at the Nano unboxing pics and noticed that it has the same style recessed headphone port as the iPhone has. What gives??? And still NO ONE makes a decent headphone adapter!!

No it doesn't.

Macworld's First Look article clearly states that it's fine for use with all third party earphones.

The image on iLounge's site doesn't show a recessed jack - it's just a normal headphone jack.

sixth
Sep 7, 2007, 07:14 AM
Aight just making sure, I swear those picks look really close to my iPhone's port...thanks for the reply.

kevinbal
Sep 7, 2007, 08:06 AM
Since I have my new RED nano right here, I can tell you without a doubt that it is not a recessed port, no worries there.

SactoGuy18
Sep 7, 2007, 08:35 AM
Apple would have a major riot on their hands if they tried to put in a recessed headphone connector on their new iPod models. :o Thank the right sentient upstairs they didn't! :)

Rapmastac1
Sep 7, 2007, 09:10 AM
Does the Touch have the recessed port like the iphone?

torchwood04
Sep 7, 2007, 03:52 PM
Yes, the iPod touch's port is not recessed. This was confirmed, and shown in pictures of the device.

amycishere
Sep 7, 2007, 03:56 PM
Since I have my new RED nano right here, I can tell you without a doubt that it is not a recessed port, no worries there.

Sorry, but I'm dying to know how video looks on the new nano. Could you actually watch a movie without your eyes throbing?

kevinbal
Sep 7, 2007, 04:00 PM
Steve wasn't blowing smoke when he said this screen is amazing... it truly is. I watched a Simpsons episode on it to see how it was... I haven't watched a feature length movie yet.

It is a small screen though, so keep that in mind. But the quality is just incredible.. I could see myself watching a movie on a flight or something with this no problem.

gloss
Sep 7, 2007, 04:01 PM
Sorry, but I'm dying to know how video looks on the new nano. Could you actually watch a movie without your eyes throbing?

PC Mag said it looks phenomenal.

amycishere
Sep 7, 2007, 04:18 PM
PC Mag said it looks phenomenal.

Oooh, they have a full review up now?

amycishere
Sep 7, 2007, 04:21 PM
Steve wasn't blowing smoke when he said this screen is amazing... it truly is. I watched a Simpsons episode on it to see how it was... I haven't watched a feature length movie yet.

It is a small screen though, so keep that in mind. But the quality is just incredible.. I could see myself watching a movie on a flight or something with this no problem.

Thank you very much!

gloss
Sep 7, 2007, 04:52 PM
Oooh, they have a full review up now?

Yup. 4.5/5 stars. They say it's the absolute best player in its price range.