PDA

View Full Version : Having a problem with a 3g iPod

templar56927
Sep 7, 2007, 06:01 PM
I recently bought a 3G 15 gb iPod from a friend in perfect working condition. when i took it home and connected it to my computer, iTunes told my to either restore or update. i clicked update and it did its thing and then it said to disconnect the iPod. now every time i do connect it to the computer, it tells me that it doesn't recognize the driver. i then went out and bought the wall adapter for the iPod. tested the charger on a friends iPod Nano, and it was charging... so i plugged the 3G 15 gb iPod into it and now all i get is a screen on the iPod telling me to connect it to something... if the computer wont recognize it, and the wall adapter won't charge it... WHAT DO I DO???:mad:

big
Sep 7, 2007, 07:24 PM
I would first reinstall itunes, then the latest ipod driver from a download (go ahead and download them both) Then do a total reformat on the ipod. Let me know how that goes, sometimes you have some issue or even a preference that just needs to be rebuilt. You should be able to save your itunes libraries with no recourse.

lamina
Sep 7, 2007, 11:13 PM
If what big said fails, boot the iPod into disk mode. To do that, press and hold the following combination of buttons for 10 seconds: Menu and Play / Pause.

Then, plug it in and fire up iTunes, and see if you can restore it.