PDA

View Full Version : I don't understand the new iPod colors

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 12:42 PM
The previous ones were much better.

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 12:54 PM
I really like the new colors, though I wish the nano came in lavender like the shuffle now does. The old colors were great, but for the most part, I only like the new blue and lavender..

i0Nic
Sep 8, 2007, 01:00 PM
The previous ones were much better.

I disagree. The old nano and shuffle colours were very neon compared to the more refined colours of this generation. The red and green look a lot better than their previous counterparts.

However, I don't particularly like the lavender on the shuffle.

telf22
Sep 8, 2007, 01:01 PM
yeh, i h8 the new colors, my favourite color was the orange shuffle, but im getting a touch so doesnt matter that much to me :)

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 01:05 PM
Okay, these are the colors I like from the old:
Orange and maybe pink
Though I think the lavender and new blue are so much better.

I don't think they should have gotten rid of orange though..

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 01:06 PM
Yes. It's really hard to figure out why they have two greenish colors, and no yellowish.

I was thinking maybe I should go out and try to find a new orange one somewhere.

psychofreak
Sep 8, 2007, 01:08 PM
I've yet to see them in person, but in photos the new colours look nicer to me :)

queshy
Sep 8, 2007, 01:17 PM
why don't they just offer all of the colors? I like the new ones but the old were nice too. The shuffles especially...since nothing else has changed!

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 01:22 PM
The old ones are cheaper now.

Phobophobia
Sep 8, 2007, 01:33 PM
I really like the blue and lavender. It looks so sophisticated.

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 01:40 PM
I really like the blue and lavender. It looks so sophisticated.
Finally someone who agrees. I think I may get the new blue as well as the lavender I ordered, I love both so much..

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 01:43 PM
I also like the violet. But the selection is not well balanced.

iPhonePlaya
Sep 8, 2007, 01:57 PM
i think the new colors are very girly i wish they would make colors that can appeal to both men and women the colors have always been a little girly

psychofreak
Sep 8, 2007, 02:00 PM
i think the new colors are very girly i wish they would make colors that can appeal to both men and women the colors have always been a little girly

Navy blue might be nice :)

swwack91
Sep 8, 2007, 02:03 PM
i think the old colors - with exception to silver & orange were REALLY GIRLY

i think these new colors are sleek and sophisticated. Apple is moving towards sophistication instead of like their old, sterile, primary colors thing.

no more white iMacs, no plastic iBooks, silver iPod Classic... new, soft colors.

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 02:05 PM
Implying it is 'girly' to colors is not very appropriate, I love the new lavender and blue, and I'm a guy. Sure, the color hues could be more balanced, but I do not think it is very nice to simply label a color masculine or feminine.

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
Still, a discontinued shuffle costs 4 times the price of a 2GB microSD card.

8X premium for half the capacity and less practicality seems too much for something just because it looks cute.

The rational thing is for me to stick to my RIZR (it's already maxed out to 2GB).

cube
Sep 8, 2007, 02:09 PM
no more white iMacs, no plastic iBooks, silver iPod Classic... new, soft colors.

Miami Vice was hip a long time ago.

Phobophobia
Sep 8, 2007, 02:09 PM
The blue, silver and black are all perfectly fine colors for a guy, if you ask me. (I'm a guy). I'd buy the lavender if I were in the market for a Shuffle.

motulist
Sep 8, 2007, 02:10 PM

I agree. It's not so much that the new colors are bad meaning ugly, it's that they are bad meaning they will only really appeal to a small subset of iPod buyers, and thus force the majority to choose from only the black or silver.

For example, any person who likes to project an aggressive, or hip, or young image is not gonna like any of these somewhat pastel hues. I may like them in a couch in my mother's living room, but it totally turns me off as a portable I want to have with me all the time. The older colors appeal to almost everyone, and more importantly they didn't really turn anyone off, like the new colors do.

I don't dislike the current colors per se, they'd be nice on other products, but I don't like them as something that I'm gonna have on me all the time.

In other words, the only people who will even be willing to wear these colors are limited to a very small group that approximately only consists of very feminine acting people and very calm people. More importantly these colors will be totally unacceptable to many other types of people.

iPhonePlaya
Sep 8, 2007, 02:10 PM
Implying it is 'girly' to colors is not very appropriate, I love the new lavender and blue, and I'm a guy. Sure, the color hues could be more balanced, but I do not think it is very nice to simply label a color masculine or feminine.

i guess it wasnt rite to label the colors as "girly" there should just be a better balance

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 02:11 PM
The colors work both ways, it's not a matter of gender, it's a matter of taste. Also, some of you are forgetting that there is a silver shuffle, nano, etc..

Nabooly
Sep 8, 2007, 02:17 PM
I agree with the general concensus here. The new colors are very similar to throw up on a plate! Theyre not vibrant, theyre dull.

These are colors that should be in a living room, not on an mp3 player. If i were to get any color, it would be the red, silver, or black. Nothing else is remotely easy on the eyes.

Thank God for colorware :rolleyes:

iPhonePlaya
Sep 8, 2007, 02:26 PM
sure i mean i could just get the silver or the black but it would be cool to have like a bright blue, orange, green or something that isnt so dull

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 02:34 PM
The blue is rather bright, at least to me..

GoCubsGo
Sep 8, 2007, 02:34 PM
The new colors are a turn off for me. I am thinking of buying a green nano just to hang onto it. I have a red one that I use while working out but I always loved the green one.

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 02:37 PM
You may be fortunate and able to find those new still. Check amazon..

Nabooly
Sep 8, 2007, 02:38 PM
Im sure there are a ton of the "old" ipods all over the net and still in the apple stores. But if u want one get it asap, as alot of people i imagine hate the colors and would liek to hold on to the bright and vibrant colors.

torchwood04
Sep 8, 2007, 02:44 PM
I have a feeling this will turn into something like what happened with the mini, demand increased when the nano 1g replaced the mini..

Shaduu
Sep 8, 2007, 04:25 PM
Hmm, I don't really know what to think of the new colours. I mean, I was never too fond of the old colours other than the orange shuffle and green nano, although the new hues look worse. None of them stand out to me aside from the (RED) nano/shuffle.

Meh, I s'pose it's purely a preferential and taste matter but I'll be sticking with teh orangeness thank you. :D