PDA

View Full Version : Printer driver not found

VladDracul
Aug 16, 2003, 02:12 PM
Hi,

I had the following problem when trying to configure my HP Deskjet 3420 printer for Mac OS X:

Before I installed anything, I plugged the printer to the USB port. Mac OS X inmediately recognized the printer and I was able to print black and white documents without problem. The only problem I had was that color images wouldn't print correctly.

Trying to solve the color printing problem, I decided to install the driver and utility software the comes with the printer. I thought maybe these drivers would solve the problem.

That's when everything broke. Now, when I try to add the printer, it shows up in the applet, but with the following message: "driver not installed". I've tried everything including reinstalling the drivers, but nothing seems to work.

What gives?

shadowfax
Aug 16, 2003, 02:17 PM
have you removed the printer and reinstalled it?

VladDracul
Aug 16, 2003, 02:29 PM
Yes, I did that.

Actually, I just found out that I'm able to print test pages from the utility program that comes with the printer; but I'm still unable to add the printer to the printer list. Still the same message: "driver not installed".

VladDracul
Aug 16, 2003, 04:10 PM
Hi,

I managed to finally get it to work. I uninstalled all HP related stuff from my machine and proceeded to reinstall the drivers. It worked without a glitch this time.

shadowfax
Aug 16, 2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by VladDracul
Hi,

I managed to finally get it to work. I uninstalled all HP related stuff from my machine and proceeded to reinstall the drivers. It worked without a glitch this time. great! i guess there must have just been a problem with the installation. it may have had something to do with that you had already plugged in the thing before you installed the drivers, though that's just a guess.