PDA

View Full Version : One "In-Stock" Thread to Rule Them All

screensaver400
Sep 13, 2007, 06:17 PM
So we have confirmed that Troy, Michigan has the iPod touch in stock. I just purchased my 16GB iPod touch from the Victoria Gardens store in Rancho Cucamonga.

As you find an Apple Store with them in stock, post here.

thesdx
Sep 13, 2007, 06:25 PM
Called the one in Shadyside, PA, but they're still saying "Shipping the 28th". :(

TheBonk
I posted in the earlier thread with pictures that the Woodfield store in Chicago has them. 16GB only though.

shoelessone
Madison, WI no

Grand Rapids, MI yes

pushateg7
Sep 13, 2007, 06:28 PM
I posted in the earlier thread with pictures that the Woodfield store in Chicago has them. 16GB only though.

That store is haunting me damnit, payday tomorrow yikes :o

thespazz
Sep 13, 2007, 06:29 PM
Valley Fair San Jose, CA has 16GBs only. I don't have my Debit card from my new bank yet though. Damnit.

shoelessone
Sep 13, 2007, 06:29 PM
Oh, I am pissed btw, I was hoping they'd get them later :(

Nemisis
Sep 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
I called Columbus, Ohio, but was not able to talk to anyone. The recording just gave me a bunch of numbers to push and none of them applied....did anyone else get this? Or am I just not pushing the right number...?

thespazz
Sep 13, 2007, 06:30 PM
I called Columbus, Ohio, but was not able to talk to anyone. The recording just gave me a bunch of numbers to push and none of them applied....did anyone else get this? Or am I just not pushing the right number...?
Hit 5 when the recording starts.

mrat93
Sep 13, 2007, 06:34 PM
Short Hills, New Jersey: In the coming weeks
Menlo Park, New Jersey: A few 16gb in stock

Zwhaler
Sep 13, 2007, 06:41 PM
I got mine at the Pleasanton store, they had 7 when I got there (all 16s)

Hecklerdanny
Sep 13, 2007, 06:50 PM
I called the Apple Store in Omaha, Nebraska. They do not have any yet.

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 06:55 PM
Anyone know anything about any of the five apple stores in the DC area?

Edit: For anyone interested, the Tysons Corner store does not have any in stock.

cwc123188
Sep 13, 2007, 07:08 PM
Called the two stores near Seattle(Bellevue and U-Village) and both "proclaimed" that they won't likely be in store until the 28th. Heck, I am gonna call them tomorrow again.:p

astrostu
Sep 13, 2007, 07:09 PM
29th St. in Boulder, CO - "End of the month."
Flat-Iron Crossing near Boulder, CO - "A few days after the 20th."

gadgetgirl85
Sep 13, 2007, 07:33 PM
I want to know of anyone who bought one in Australia :P I am going to do the ring around shortly and will post my results. The closest I got was Myers saying 'a few days' everyone else was end of September or October

RumMunkey
Sep 13, 2007, 07:36 PM
As of Thursday evening, the Apple store at Sherway Gardens, Toronto does not have them in.

The chick who answered the phone sounded highly annoyed and told me to "go to Apple.ca" then she added "it says September 28th".

I didn't bother to tell her it's popping up all over the place today. I'll call & stop by tomorrow when I'm in town.

compuguy1088
Sep 13, 2007, 08:23 PM

Edit: For anyone interested, the Tysons Corner store does not have any in stock.

Did you check Clarendon by chance?

benlee
Sep 13, 2007, 08:26 PM
Roosevelt Field Mall Store in Long Island has a good number of 16GB ones in stock.

10th Wonder
Sep 13, 2007, 08:29 PM
Cambridge, Massachusetts @ Cambridgeside Galleria has iPod Touch's. Gonna go there tomorrow and check them out.

balwx
Sep 13, 2007, 08:31 PM
As someone else reported, I was at the Menlo Park Mall store (NJ) @ 8pm & they had only the 16gb models. They werent even on display yet.
:)

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 08:39 PM
Did you check Clarendon by chance?

I didn't, and it is now closed :(

Oh well, I'll go to dinner at Tysons tomorrow and pick one up if they get them then :p

Also, I am going to call Tysons and Clarendon tomorrow after school, if no one has posted here, so I will have an update on the status of them tomorrow for you guys :)

Sean7512
Sep 13, 2007, 08:50 PM
Called the one in Shadyside, PA, but they're still saying "Shipping the 28th". :(

South Hills Village has some!! As of 7:00pm today, they only had 2 sitting behind the counter...not sure if they have more in the back or not. Good luck!!

badtzmaru
Sep 13, 2007, 08:54 PM
Pentagon City had them.

Clarendon did not. When I called beforehand, the salesperson said they would come September 28.

evlev06
Sep 13, 2007, 08:55 PM

Montgomery Mall in Bethesda has them.

Mtirv
Sep 13, 2007, 08:57 PM
Pentagon City had them.

Clarendon did not. When I called beforehand, the salesperson said they would come September 28.

Great, the ones farthest away from me are the ones that have them in stock :rolleyes:

Oh well, hopefully Tysons and/or Clarendon will get them tomorrow.

moonzilla
Sep 14, 2007, 12:06 AM
Burlingame, CA and SF, CA (stonestown) had a handful of 16s. I got one of them :)

McCord9
Sep 14, 2007, 12:38 AM
Just called Apple Fifth Avenue in Manhattan and they have them... do I brave the subways at this late hour? :)

bklam
Sep 14, 2007, 12:43 AM
Just called Apple Fifth Avenue in Manhattan and they have them... do I brave the subways at this late hour? :)

Is it that gstar at night? I've never been to NY before...

gadgetgirl85
Sep 14, 2007, 12:44 AM
I wonder why only the 16GBs are stocking?

McCord9
Sep 14, 2007, 04:46 AM
Is it that gstar at night? I've never been to NY before...

It's not really bad, but you just need to be wary. I'm used to it by now. (And happy I now have my new iPod touch in hand.) :)

mari0
Sep 14, 2007, 05:21 AM
It's not really bad, but you just need to be wary. I'm used to it by now. (And happy I now have my new iPod touch in hand.) :)

You are so lucky! I wish they would come over to the other side of the pond a bit quicker I have been without a ipod for a year now! Hope you have fun with it matey!

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 07:37 AM
Also, I am going to call Tysons and Clarendon tomorrow after school, if no one has posted here, so I will have an update on the status of them tomorrow for you guys :)

Awesome. Those are the only two I can really take the time to go to at the moment, unfortunately. I'd love to make a trip to Pentagon City, but it's the opposite direction from work and I'd be risking GF aggro.

I'll nag both Clarendon and Tysons today and see what's up.

carman63
Sep 14, 2007, 07:38 AM
I'll nag both Clarendon and Tysons today and see what's up.

I'll be calling Tysons when they open. If they have any, I'm 30 minutes away :)

Would be a nice surprise or my fiance when she gets home from work.

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 07:40 AM
Surprising how many D.C. Metro folks there are around here.

carman63
Sep 14, 2007, 07:46 AM
Just called. They have the 16GB models in stock. They won't hold them or take CC orders over the phone. However, the nice lady I spoke with doesn't anticipate running out this morning. (I said I'd be there when the doors opened, she said "I wouldn't rush" or something like that. LOL)

See you there at 10 ;)

dechristo
Sep 14, 2007, 07:48 AM
Anybody heard anything about the Atlanta area? I am right across the street from Lenox Mall so I will go over and get an update.

aryan5886
Sep 14, 2007, 07:53 AM
Anybody know about Richmond Va (Short Pump)?

Protosome
Sep 14, 2007, 08:02 AM
I've checked at the Estero and Naples stores in Florida, none there yet.

carman63
Sep 14, 2007, 08:03 AM
If you're near an Apple Store, call them and press 5. I'm guessing most have at least one employee already at work, and they'll tell you if they have any.

(That's all I did, anyway.)

Rapmastac1
Sep 14, 2007, 08:18 AM
The SLC Gateway doesn't have them in yet (the only Apple store in utah). Post back tonight to see if anything pops up.

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 08:29 AM
Just called. They have the 16GB models in stock. They won't hold them or take CC orders over the phone. However, the nice lady I spoke with doesn't anticipate running out this morning. (I said I'd be there when the doors opened, she said "I wouldn't rush" or something like that. LOL)

See you there at 10 ;)

Money. I'll head over there around lunch. Thanks. =)

ZachMG
Sep 14, 2007, 08:35 AM
as of this morning bestbuy has them instock but apple told them not to sell till oct. 1 i tihnk they will be on sale this weekend though, btw im in Destin, FL

Protosome
Sep 14, 2007, 08:39 AM
So far it seems no sightings lower than Destin, FL. Right up near the pan handle. Curses.

savar
Sep 14, 2007, 08:45 AM

What are the 5 stores??

1) Tysons -yes
2) Courthouse -no
3) Pentagon -yes
4) Bethesda -yes
5) ?

FYI I'm checking out the courthouse apple store this afternoon.

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 08:52 AM
What are the 5 stores??

1) Tysons -yes
2) Courthouse -no
3) Pentagon -yes
4) Bethesda -yes
5) Clarendon - ?

FYI I'm checking out the courthouse apple store this afternoon.

There.

philmo
Sep 14, 2007, 09:03 AM
FWIW, by the time I called Montgomery Mall last night around 9:15 they said they'd sold out, but were very helpful and said they might be getting another shipment today. They also said that their shipment yesterday was all 16GBs, but they weren't sure if that meant a shipment today would be all 8s or not.

I also just talked to the Columbia Mall store and they said they would not be getting their first shipment until next week.

Any updates from Towson?

savar
Sep 14, 2007, 09:14 AM
There.

ehh, I call it "courthouse" and you call it "clarendon" but we're talking about the same store i think

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 09:16 AM
ehh, I call it "courthouse" and you call it "clarendon" but we're talking about the same store i think

Aha, very possibly.

I think there are two Maryland stores in range, actually.

Eclipse278
Sep 14, 2007, 09:20 AM
Legacy Village in Cleveland has the 16gb! I'm typing from the store with ipod in hand.

philmo
Sep 14, 2007, 09:22 AM
I think there are two Maryland stores in range, actually.

There are supposedly two Apple Stores in Bethesda, but I've only ever been to the one in Montgomery Mall (I don't even know what Bethesda Row is- not a Montgomery County guy).

I guess you don't consider Columbia or Annapolis DC-area?

dechristo
Sep 14, 2007, 09:26 AM
I got the last one at the Apple Store in Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The guy said they received 25 yesterday. What luck!! I am going to have a very good weekend.

Protosome
Sep 14, 2007, 09:27 AM
Eclipse, did they have them yesterday or is this a shipment they received today?

sahhhm
Sep 14, 2007, 09:34 AM
I got the last one at the Apple Store in Lenox Mall in Atlanta. The guy said they received 25 yesterday. What luck!! I am going to have a very good weekend.

jerk. I called a bit ago and a store worker said "they just sold the last one!!!!!"

AHh!!!! iHope they ship the pre-orders soon

cookblaze
Sep 14, 2007, 09:36 AM
For any Torontonian's wondering Eaton Centre Apple store and the Sherway Apple Store both don't have it.

RumMunkey
Sep 14, 2007, 09:37 AM
For any Torontonian's wondering Eaton Centre Apple store and the Sherway Apple Store both don't have it.

Yorkdale?

carman63
Sep 14, 2007, 09:38 AM
1 hour turn-around time to Tysons and back. Got there 5 min or so before they opened, and got one of the first (if not THE first) out of the packing box.

Now it sits safely in my car until time to go home from work. I hope she likes it :)

cookblaze
Sep 14, 2007, 09:40 AM
Yorkdale?

I didn't ask there...but I'm guessing no if the other two said no.

:(

Sketh
Sep 14, 2007, 09:47 AM
Last night the new Apple Store in Ann Arbor, Michigan got their shipment in.

Actually it was quite exciting for me, my girlfriend and I were just in the store messing around with iPhones since she's looking to buy one (And I wanted to test drive the interface/Safari) and I then left to go to the bathroom down the hall, which is also where the shipments for the stores come in. Walking down the hall a UPS (Or fedex, whatever) guy carrying a lot of large brown boxes on a Dolly asked me which way the apple store back was, and I was like "It's down- holy ****, you're shipping in ipod touches, aren't you." Yeah, that's my story. They must have gotten about 25-30 of them, I haven't called yet to see if they're selling or not. But i'll update you all when I find out.

RumMunkey
Sep 14, 2007, 09:49 AM
I didn't ask there...but I'm guessing no if the other two said no.

:(

Yeah, sadly me too. LAst time I was waiting for the Shuffle to show up, the staffer told me they get stock usually around 2pm, so maybe I'll call back around then or stop off on my way home from work.

If I find them, I'll post here.

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 10:02 AM
There are supposedly two Apple Stores in Bethesda, but I've only ever been to the one in Montgomery Mall (I don't even know what Bethesda Row is- not a Montgomery County guy).

I guess you don't consider Columbia or Annapolis DC-area?

Oh, I'm not sure. I very, very rarely venture up into Maryland as is.

Just picked one up at Tysons, btw. They only have 16gb models and said they got them in around 3:00 this morning. They're not advertised so you have to ask for them specifically.

SuperDaddy
Sep 14, 2007, 10:03 AM
Buffalo, Ny Apple Store at the Walden Galleria said they have "some" 16gb models.

Wouldnt say how many.

dechristo
Sep 14, 2007, 10:06 AM
jerk. I called a bit ago and a store worker said "they just sold the last one!!!!!"

AHh!!!! iHope they ship the pre-orders soon

Sorry about that (lol). I am sure they will get more in soon. Did you try Perimeter?

For what its worth, Lenox Mall does have displays out if you want to play with it.

philmo
Sep 14, 2007, 10:12 AM
Just picked one up at Tysons, btw. They only have 16gb models and said they got them in around 3:00 this morning. They're not advertised so you have to ask for them specifically.

Any idea how many they have? Methinks my chances of getting one if I wait until this evening are slim...

gloss
Sep 14, 2007, 10:13 AM
Any idea how many they have? Methinks my chances of getting one if I wait until this evening are slim...

No clue. Traffic at 10:40 was slim, though, and they didn't seem to be going out of their way to let people know they had them.

aidanpendragon
Sep 14, 2007, 10:17 AM
DC update (approx. 11 AM)

Clarendon - had 16GB yesterday, all sold out, don't know when more will arrive
Pentagon City - has 8GB IN STOCK, but no 16GB

claumac
Sep 14, 2007, 10:42 AM
I just got a 16g at Mayfair Mall in WI. They had both sizes.

Charb
Sep 14, 2007, 10:46 AM
Burlington NH has some 16 GB in, didnt catch how many.

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 11:12 AM
As of Noon, Clarendon confirmed sold out of all models for the day - check back tomorrow. Pentagon City only has 8GB in stock today - anybody know the current status of the Tysons Corner and 2 Maryland stores?

RCGMac
Sep 14, 2007, 11:18 AM
MOA-None in stock
Southdale- No 16GB's, had 3 8GB's left about 20 minutes ago, I went and grabbed mine.
Not sure about Rosedale or Minnetonka.

Good luck! Glad I didn't order it online, I have always liked walking in to the store and be able to hold the box, plus it seems to make it easier to return items if need be.

Hecklerdanny
Sep 14, 2007, 11:20 AM
Just called the Apple Store in Omaha, Nebraska again.

Me: "Hi i'm just wondering if you guys have gotten any of the iPod Touches in yet."
Him: "Yeah, we just got some in actually."
Me: "Okay, bye."

So I obviously don't know how many, or which ones, but they have some in as of 11:20 Friday morning.

rockinrocker
Sep 14, 2007, 11:21 AM
I got the last one from the Des Moines, Iowa store, if anyone's wondering.....

tonyeck
Sep 14, 2007, 11:21 AM
As of Noon, Clarendon confirmed sold out of all models for the day - check back tomorrow. Pentagon City only has 8GB in stock today - anybody know the current status of the Tysons Corner and 2 Maryland stores?

Tysons still have some 16gb's left :) Was told they would be sold out around 3 or 4 on a Friday

sirchek
Sep 14, 2007, 11:22 AM
Tyson's - Limited Amounts of 16 gigs
Clarendon - still sold out
Bethesda Row - 8 gigs
Pentagon - 8 gigs

Darn it, I need someplace with 16 gig's on a metro line. I leave for a trip tomorrow and would love to have this so I can leave the laptop at home.

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 11:25 AM
Is there a store at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda?

Edit: And I may be just desperate enough to drive to Columbia or Annapolis this weekend too...

sirchek
Sep 14, 2007, 11:26 AM
Is there a store at Montgomery Mall in Bethesda?

Yes, they had none in stock when I called about an hour ago.

The way I'm thinking is Clarendon hasn't gotten their shipment in, here's hoping to 16's.

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 11:36 AM
I was thinking the same thing about the Clarendon store - they seem to have the best stock of the 3 NoVA stores. When I checked around 7pm last night they had already sold out of the 16GB and the clerk told me to check again around noon today. When I called at noon they said none were sent today, but I'm not sure I'm sold on that since the Tysons store told me yesterday that the rumors the Touch was out were false.

Protosome
Sep 14, 2007, 11:39 AM
In Florida:

Aventura:unknown
Boca: unknown
Jacsonville: some 8gigs
Orlando: limited 8-16gigs
Tampa: Limited 8-16gigs
Wellington: just got 8-16gig in, healthy supply
Estero:8-16gig
Naples: unknown
Miami: unknown

RadioNowhere
Sep 14, 2007, 11:53 AM
I got one at the South Shore Plaza Apple Store, right when they opened this AM! 16 GBs only, gal didn't know how many they had.

It was sort of crudely displayed on the floor, definitely not complete. The Touch was there, but there was no signage or anything up yet. If you weren't looking closely, you'd just have assumed it was another iPhone.

Woo hoo!

xp2mac07
Sep 14, 2007, 11:54 AM
Annapolis has a few of the 8GB, but sadly no 16GB yet.

caMi
Sep 14, 2007, 11:55 AM
In Florida:

Aventura:unknown
Boca: unknown
Jacsonville: some 8gigs
Orlando: limited 8-16gigs
Tampa: Limited 8-16gigs
Wellington: just got 8-16gig in, healthy supply
Estero:8-16gig
Naples: unknown
Miami: unknown

Just called Tampa and they said they sold out yesterday... WTF!?!

I called yesterday night and they said they had not gotten any in yet.

I hate incompetent employees!

chippy chuke
Sep 14, 2007, 11:59 AM
country club plaza in Missouri had them yesterday but sold out. i couldn't get there in time.:mad:

juanster
Sep 14, 2007, 12:01 PM
called one of the:D apple stores here in Toronto, they said the i pod touch is not going to be available anywhere in the world until the 28th, noone can get any of then sooner than that.....LOL

JonfromVegas
Sep 14, 2007, 12:02 PM
Vegas has a few left.

RCGMac
Sep 14, 2007, 12:06 PM
called one of the:D apple stores here in Toronto, they said the i pod touch is not going to be available anywhere in the world until the 28th, noone can get any of then sooner than that.....LOL

Ahhh... gotta love the retail worker, I was one at one time, but I hope I wasn't that lazy/stupid.

Trihedralguy
Sep 14, 2007, 12:10 PM
The Apple Store at West County Mall in Missouri said they only have the 8gb models of the iPod Touch in-stock right now. They aren't sure when their stock of 16gb's are coming in.

badtzmaru
Sep 14, 2007, 12:35 PM
when i called the clarendon store at 6:50 PM yesterday, the woman said flatout they didnt have any. she said to wait for september 28.

jbazar
Sep 14, 2007, 01:18 PM
I just bought the first one in RI. Providence store has both 16GB and 8GB.

evlev06
Sep 14, 2007, 01:25 PM
Just bought an 8gig from Bethesda Montgomery Mall. Only have 8gig ones (which is fine for me) They sold 20 16gig ones yesterday.

OldSkoolNJ
Sep 14, 2007, 01:26 PM
Oxford Valley Best Buy Apple Shop got a few cases in of 16GB as well as Mt Laurel NJ Best Buy Apple Shop got a bunch in.

Kevin :apple:

Critical Hippo
Sep 14, 2007, 01:28 PM
Chicago's Michigan Ave. Apple store had quite a few of them. I picked up a 16GB Touch and then cancelled my online pre-order from one of their display Macbook Pros.

I called ahead and they told me they only had the 16GB version, but the clerk asked me whether I was looking for an 8GB or 16GB version when I asked at the counter. I hypothesize three different scenarios.

Scenario 1 (49% chance of accuracy based on past Apple Store experience)
Me: "I'll take an 8GB."
Clerk: "Sorry, we only have the 16GB."

Scenario 2 (49% chance of accuracy based on past Apple Store experience)
Me: "I'll take an 8GB"
Clerk: "Here you go. Gimme money."

Scenario 3 (2% chance of accuracy based on past Apple Store experience)
Me: "I'll take an 8GB
Clerk: (Says nothing, lunges over the counter with a portable credit card reader in his hand and murder in his eyes)

astrostu
Sep 14, 2007, 01:30 PM
Boulder (29th St.), CO - No
Flat-Irons Crossing, CO - No
Denver (Cherry Creek Mall), CO - YES ... both 16 GB and 8 GB when I was there an hour ago.

Too bad I don't have a USB 2 port on my Mac ... my new 16 GB is taking FOREVER to sync.

Porscheboy16
Sep 14, 2007, 01:37 PM
16gb from Christiana Delaware store

bushman1
Sep 14, 2007, 01:59 PM
the mongtmory mall apple store has maby 1or 2 in stock. This is in maryland.

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 02:01 PM
Any DC store updates this afternoon? I don't have access to call any of the stores at the moment, but I'm considering starting my weekend a little early to drop by and pick one up. I won't bother if the 16GB models haven't shown up anywhere yet or if Tysons sold out...

Ninden
Sep 14, 2007, 02:07 PM
Apple Store Eastview Mall - New York (near Rochester): 16GB in stock

I am so happy right now I could burst :apple:

joshuaquinn
Sep 14, 2007, 02:15 PM
I just called the Apple Store at Crossgates Mall in Albany, NY. They have some 8GB and 16GB in stock.
-Josh

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 02:44 PM
Clarendon still says sold out - check back tomorrow (clerk said they only got 10 in yesterday's shipment and they weren't expecting them). Also, Pentagon City still only has the 8GB and Tysons has sold out of their 16's and now only have a few 8GB left.

mrfrosty
Sep 14, 2007, 02:51 PM
Anyone know the stock status on the 5th avenue store ? Or anywhere else i may be able to get one in Manhatten ? I fly back to the UK tomorrow night so i have so time to do some quick powershopping !

evlev06
Sep 14, 2007, 02:53 PM
the mongtmory mall apple store has maby 1or 2 in stock. This is in maryland.

looked like there were more then that when I was there

pushateg7
Sep 14, 2007, 02:55 PM
Chicago's Michigan Ave. Apple store had quite a few of them. I picked up a 16GB Touch and then cancelled my online pre-order from one of their display Macbook Pros.

I called ahead and they told me they only had the 16GB version, but the clerk asked me whether I was looking for an 8GB or 16GB version when I asked at the counter. I hypothesize three different scenarios.

Scenario 1 (49% chance of accuracy based on past Apple Store experience)
Me: "I'll take an 8GB."
Clerk: "Sorry, we only have the 16GB."

Scenario 2 (49% chance of accuracy based on past Apple Store experience)
Me: "I'll take an 8GB"
Clerk: "Here you go. Gimme money."

Scenario 3 (2% chance of accuracy based on past Apple Store experience)
Me: "I'll take an 8GB
Clerk: (Says nothing, lunges over the counter with a portable credit card reader in his hand and murder in his eyes)

Nice update, I was wondering what the situation was in IL. Considering, the only post from the chicagoland area was from the Woodfield store.

Well hopefully shipments stay steady for me on the 28th (payday)

Mtirv
Sep 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
Clarendon still says sold out - check back tomorrow (clerk said they only got 10 in yesterday's shipment and they weren't expecting them). Also, Pentagon City still only has the 8GB and Tysons has sold out of their 16's and now only have a few 8GB left.

Awesome, the 8gb's all I need. Do you know if either of the stores have them out on display?

dttyszka
Sep 14, 2007, 02:59 PM
Best Buy in Mishawaka, IN (of all places) had lots of them. I'd check your BB if you have one nearby.

sirchek
Sep 14, 2007, 03:00 PM
looked like there were more then that when I was there

what type?

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 03:03 PM
Awesome, the 8gb's all I need. Do you know if either of the stores have them out on display?

They didn't say - it sounds from the board like most stores do NOT have them out yet, but instead you have to ask for them. The clerk at Clarendon couldn't stop raving about the thing though - I know he's just trying to help move product, but still...

evlev06
Sep 14, 2007, 03:06 PM
what type?

8gig

Mtirv
Sep 14, 2007, 03:43 PM
I just called Tysons, Clarendon, and Pentagon City.

Tysons - Some 8gig in stock, no 16gig. I forgot to ask if they had any on display.
Edit: I called again, they do have them on display.

Clarendon - None in stock, some on display.

Pentagon City - Two 8gig left, no 16gig. They do have some on display.

sirchek
Sep 14, 2007, 03:50 PM
I really wish they had the 16 gig ones in the DC area.

I'm also tempted to just buy an iphone and unlock it and not purchase minutes, if that is possible.

tonyeck
Sep 14, 2007, 03:54 PM
I picked up an 8 gig one at Tysons today. There were about 10 people in line buying them

Mtirv
Sep 14, 2007, 04:17 PM
I really wish they had the 16 gig ones in the DC area.

I'm also tempted to just buy an iphone and unlock it and not purchase minutes, if that is possible.

I was thinking about that. Besides the problems that have arisen, including the hacks that will inevitably come, the only real difference is memory size and camera.

sheas
Sep 14, 2007, 04:18 PM
Anyone know about the Apple store in Omaha (updates, I saw the previous post about possible stock this morning) or at St Louis Galleria? My husband and I are heading out on a road trip tomorrow and we'll be making our way through both locations (Omaha Saturday night, St Louis Sunday). It would be awesome to pick up a Touch on the way!

TSuellentrop
Sep 14, 2007, 04:34 PM
Anyone know about the Apple store in Omaha (updates, I saw the previous post about possible stock this morning) or at St Louis Galleria? My husband and I are heading out on a road trip tomorrow and we'll be making our way through both locations (Omaha Saturday night, St Louis Sunday). It would be awesome to pick up a Touch on the way!

I called both the Galleria and West County and they said they were out but to call back tomorrow which I sure will and will post my results. I hope West County does because I'm a lot closer to them than Galleria.

gkarris
Sep 14, 2007, 04:36 PM
Apple Store in Oak Brook has 'em...

Nice...

itgoesforfun
Sep 14, 2007, 04:43 PM
Sold out on Thursday, back in on Friday. Bought a 16gb at lunch. They had both in their back room. FYI they're are still in the temporary store, which gets a little crowded. Just ask one of the green shirted workers and they'll get one for you.

woods1110
Sep 14, 2007, 04:45 PM
Best Buy in Mishawaka, IN (of all places) had lots of them. I'd check your BB if you have one nearby.

Best Buy in Montgomery AL had lots of them, I bought an 8 and a 16 one for me and one for my wife. definitely check best buy!!

Enterprise8875
Sep 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
I bought my 16GB touch yesterday at the Westfarms Apple Store in CT. They didnt even know they had them in until they checked the computer and seemed shocked they did. They said I was the first one to buy one and asked me to open it in store so they could see it. While I was opening it the employees gathered around me to get a look at it. lol It was kind of like a Seinfeld episode.

timerollson
Sep 14, 2007, 05:08 PM
Cambridge, Massachusetts @ Cambridgeside Galleria has iPod Touch's. Gonna go there tomorrow and check them out.

Yep. Just bought mine today at Cambridgeside. They had both 8GB and 16GB. All you had to do was ask and they pulled them from behind the counter. :D

cmonster
Sep 14, 2007, 05:48 PM
Apple store in Boise doesn't have any...wait there is no apple store in Boise.... DAMNIT!!!! Called a hand full of resellers no body has any in Boise area. I went to Best Buy in Boise and the first guy I talked to didn't know what it was...That is why I never shop at Best buy unless I have too.

AppleFan08
Sep 14, 2007, 06:04 PM
Apple Store Arden Fair, Sacramento was in stock last night, sold out this afternoon. More shipments are expected on Sunday/Monday morning.

Im SO pissed! Naturally, i call the apple store 10 mins before they close last night (when they had a shiz load of them) and now they dont have any more! ahh.

JonfromVegas
Sep 14, 2007, 06:08 PM
I just bought mine from the Vegas store. Apparently they got a rather large shipment of both sizes in today. When I bought mine I asked when the clerk thought they would run out of them and she just smiled and said "We wont be running out."

andyh2
Sep 14, 2007, 06:10 PM
Any san francisco? Corte Madera doesn't have any.

Mtirv
Sep 14, 2007, 07:09 PM
well, im at the apple store (tysons) and naturally, they have no touches. Just my luck. So now Im faced with deciding just to get an iPhone and not activate it instead

bwiggs
Sep 14, 2007, 07:37 PM
well, im at the apple store (tysons) and naturally, they have no touches. Just my luck. So now Im faced with deciding just to get an iPhone and not activate it instead

If you are in NoVA, the BestBuy in Leesburg has both models. Got my 16gb tonight and am typing this on it via wifi in my home network. Love it so far!

Wailord
Sep 14, 2007, 07:38 PM
Apple Store @ Fashion Show (Las Vegas) is "completely sold out".

parrotheadmjb
Sep 14, 2007, 07:46 PM
Best buy in Rock Hill, sc has them but Im not drive over a hundred miles for one

savar
Sep 14, 2007, 07:56 PM
If you are in NoVA, the BestBuy in Leesburg has both models. Got my 16gb tonight and am typing this on it via wifi in my home network. Love it so far!

AWwww.. I didn't know best buy even carried ipods.

I went to three Apple stores today. Left work at 3 to go to Clarendon (closest to my house)...was playing with the touch (my first time with touch or iphone) and fell in love. Then I overheard the sales guy saying they were totally sold out.

So I hopped in the car and drove to Pentagon. That store is terrible. All of 7 people working there, 3 of them behind the genius bar. Finally I get ahold of a girl and she says that they have 8GB but not 16GB. This store doesn't even have a checkout counter!

So I give up and go home...reading through this thread I see that Tysons still has some. So I call the store and ask, and he says they sure do have em. I ask if he thinks they'll still be any left if I get there in an hour and he say can't be sure. So I jump in the car instantly and exactly 22 minutes later walk into the store. The first girl I talk to says they're sold out. I ask another guy and he says they never even got them in!!

So anyway...a day late and a dollar short I guess. If I had just visited the stores in a different order I probably would have gotten one. The biggest irony is my friend was the Tysons store earlier today buying a laptop...but I wasn't sure which ipod to get until I played with all of them at the Clarendon store.

Anyhoo, my goal is to get one before Monday so I can have it at work...so I gots two days left. I'm gonna keep reading the thread and calling Clarendon.

Templex
Sep 14, 2007, 08:04 PM
Does anyone know if the Victoria Gardens store still has them? I'm looking for the 8 GB model.

mattrud
Sep 14, 2007, 08:19 PM
anybody know about Albany, NY Crossgates store?

itsmillertime
Sep 14, 2007, 08:24 PM
Apple Store Cambride in Mass received 4 touch's 2 days ago. I called yesterday and was able to put one on hold, and I went to the store today and purchased it. Just keep calling apple stores, and call them multiple times until you get somewhere.

trevorlsciact
Sep 14, 2007, 08:27 PM
I bought my 16GB touch yesterday at the Westfarms Apple Store in CT. They didnt even know they had them in until they checked the computer and seemed shocked they did. They said I was the first one to buy one and asked me to open it in store so they could see it. While I was opening it the employees gathered around me to get a look at it. lol It was kind of like a Seinfeld episode.

I can picture that.

gadgetgirl85
Sep 14, 2007, 08:28 PM
I take it no one in Australia or outside the US has one. Correct?

Annndy!
Sep 14, 2007, 08:44 PM
FWIW, by the time I called Montgomery Mall last night around 9:15 they said they'd sold out, but were very helpful and said they might be getting another shipment today. They also said that their shipment yesterday was all 16GBs, but they weren't sure if that meant a shipment today would be all 8s or not.

I also just talked to the Columbia Mall store and they said they would not be getting their first shipment until next week.

Any updates from Towson?

They must have been misinformed. I waltzed in and picked up an 8GB Touch at around 11ish this morning.

Mtirv
Sep 14, 2007, 08:49 PM
AWwww.. I didn't know best buy even carried ipods.

I went to three Apple stores today. Left work at 3 to go to Clarendon (closest to my house)...was playing with the touch (my first time with touch or iphone) and fell in love. Then I overheard the sales guy saying they were totally sold out.

So I hopped in the car and drove to Pentagon. That store is terrible. All of 7 people working there, 3 of them behind the genius bar. Finally I get ahold of a girl and she says that they have 8GB but not 16GB. This store doesn't even have a checkout counter!

So I give up and go home...reading through this thread I see that Tysons still has some. So I call the store and ask, and he says they sure do have em. I ask if he thinks they'll still be any left if I get there in an hour and he say can't be sure. So I jump in the car instantly and exactly 22 minutes later walk into the store. The first girl I talk to says they're sold out. I ask another guy and he says they never even got them in!!

So anyway...a day late and a dollar short I guess. If I had just visited the stores in a different order I probably would have gotten one. The biggest irony is my friend was the Tysons store earlier today buying a laptop...but I wasn't sure which ipod to get until I played with all of them at the Clarendon store.

Anyhoo, my goal is to get one before Monday so I can have it at work...so I gots two days left. I'm gonna keep reading the thread and calling Clarendon.

That sucks. I'm going to do the same thing, as well as check the Best Buys around here, and hopefully I can grab one tomorrow.

At the Tysons store, I asked two people at the checkout counter if they had the touches. Both said no without looking. Later, right before I left, I heard an employee saying that they may have some 8gigs left. They need to keep their employees a bit more up to date (these were two hours apart) :p

Favrefire4
Sep 14, 2007, 09:19 PM
hey all. anyone know about the store in mayfair in wisconsin or bayshore mall in wisconsin???

Patrickool93
Sep 14, 2007, 09:24 PM
Legacy Village in Cleveland has the 16gb! I'm typing from the store with ipod in hand.

Do they have them out on display? Did they have 8GBs?
I called today at 4:30 and they were out. They /might/ get a shipment tomorrow.

mrat93
Sep 14, 2007, 09:34 PM
I wonder why only the 16GBs are stocking?

So next week, Steve Jobs will say " We've found that most people are buying the 16gb model, so we are dropping the 8gb model, and lowering the price of the 16gb iPod Touch to only $200".

AppleFan08
Sep 14, 2007, 09:34 PM
Jesus...All of you guys buying your touches at Best Buys are lucky! I've called every BB in a 50 mile radius (of Sacramento) and NO BB's have them! They say, oh, itll be here at the end of the month. Losers.

stcroixsailor
Sep 14, 2007, 09:58 PM
Mall of America, Minneapolis, MN had some in stock when I called last night, however I'm not sure now.

skoker
Sep 14, 2007, 10:07 PM
Walden Galleria (Buffalo, NY) is SOLD OUT, thanks in part to me. They had 3 16GB and 2 8GB, and I took the last 8.

They said *possibly* they'd get more on Monday.

No floor models, interestingly enough.

Eclipse278
Sep 14, 2007, 10:13 PM
Do they have them out on display? Did they have 8GBs?
I called today at 4:30 and they were out. They /might/ get a shipment tomorrow.

They were not out on display. I had to ask for it specifically. They also said they only had the 16gb. I've been playing with it all day and it's great!

aidanpendragon
Sep 14, 2007, 11:10 PM
Hah...I love Apple Store retail employees - it's like you get hired based on your piercings or something. Called Clarendon around 5 PM; they reconfirmed they were all out. When I asked when they were getting more, I was told, "oh, in the next week or two." If you don't have a clue, just say that.

Mtirv
Sep 14, 2007, 11:15 PM
Hah...I love Apple Store retail employees - it's like you get hired based on your piercings or something. Called Clarendon around 5 PM; they reconfirmed they were all out. When I asked when they were getting more, I was told, "oh, in the next week or two." If you don't have a clue, just say that.

Rofl.

In other words, they'll get a new shipment tomorrow probably :D

wildcardd
Sep 14, 2007, 11:38 PM
Parker Colorado Best Buy still had 2 16gb's left.

Yep... used gift cards and got my reward zone points. ;)

PowerFullMac
Sep 15, 2007, 01:39 AM
Anyone know if there are any in stock in the Regent Street of Bluewater stores in the UK?

savar
Sep 15, 2007, 10:32 AM
That sucks. I'm going to do the same thing, as well as check the Best Buys around here, and hopefully I can grab one tomorrow.

At the Tysons store, I asked two people at the checkout counter if they had the touches. Both said no without looking. Later, right before I left, I heard an employee saying that they may have some 8gigs left. They need to keep their employees a bit more up to date (these were two hours apart) :p

Yeah...I can't believe one of the employees at Tyson's didn't even know they had them in stock. They were on display!!

I'm sorry, but when you begin a shift there has to be some kind of briefing where they mention little factoids like "we are stocking the most popular ipod ever 2 weeks early today."

craigconfire
Sep 15, 2007, 10:44 AM
Best Buy Milford Ma has the touch. Confirmed and purchased.

Mtirv
Sep 15, 2007, 10:52 AM
Just called Apple Store Clarendon, after at least 100 rings :p, they told me that they have some 8gigs in stock. Leaving now.

savar
Sep 15, 2007, 10:57 AM
So next week, Steve Jobs will say " We've found that most people are buying the 16gb model, so we are dropping the 8gb model, and lowering the price of the 16gb iPod Touch to only $200".

Every place I've called today got in handful of 8GB and NO 16GB...

andyh2
Sep 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
Not many in norcal yet it seems...:(

gorkt
Sep 15, 2007, 10:58 AM
I bought a 16G touch at the Apple store at the Burlington Mall in Burlington MA yesterday.

BII
Sep 15, 2007, 12:23 PM
called every store between manhattan beach and mission viejo, no dice.

this is maddening, i preordered the thing, why should now have to jump through hoops. and my order still says "not yet shipped.":mad:

berkleeboy210
Sep 15, 2007, 12:29 PM
The New Best Buy that recently opened on Newbury St in Boston had some 16gb's Yesterday, some guy bought one while I was in there checking out the Nano's. They weren't on display though, the guy asked if he could see one and the employee said "we can only show you the box" lol

Santoanderson
Sep 15, 2007, 12:30 PM
So what the heck is going on? Is apple trying out some underground advertising, just flooding the general public with enough of the Touches to garner people's interest so the masses go nuts when it's "officially released"? I'm kinda bugged personally. I literally preorded the thing at 12:32 pm on September 5th, as soon as the apple site had enough open bandwidth to handle my order, hoping that I'd get one before running out. But now I can just waltz into Best Buy and pick one off the shelf? Meanwhile I'm stuck waiting for two weeks? That sucks dude. I hope they bump the ship date up.

840quadra
Sep 15, 2007, 12:36 PM
MOA-None in stock
Southdale- No 16GB's, had 3 8GB's left about 20 minutes ago, I went and grabbed mine.
Not sure about Rosedale or Minnetonka.

Good luck! Glad I didn't order it online, I have always liked walking in to the store and be able to hold the box, plus it seems to make it easier to return items if need be.

At the time of your post MOA (Mall Of America) had 20 8gb, and about 12 16gb iPod Touches.

I was at Southdale at the time of your post and they had none despite saying they had plenty before I drove from Chanhassen to pick one up. They said that they would Not hold any for anybody (over the phone), but the first thing they asked me was if I had someone holding one for me when I arrived and asked to pick one up.

I did everything I could not to blow up, and simply said, "I was told you couldn't hold them, so why are you holding one or more for someone else"? They had no reasonable reply. :mad:

I called the MOA and they said they would have enough, thankfully they didn't sell out.

As of ~noon Thursday.

Ridgedale (Minnetonka Minnesota) SOLD OUT
Southdale (Edina Minesota) SOLD OUT
MOA (Bloomington Minnesota) ~ 10 of each

I bet they have now been sold out in all stores, however I could be mistaken.

For those buying hordes of these things to sell on Ebay at exotic prices, I sincerely hope that Apple has a huge release to all stores, and you end up taking a loss on your purchase.

called every store between manhattan beach and mission viejo, no dice.

this is maddening, i preordered the thing, why should now have to jump through hoops. and my order still says "not yet shipped.":mad:

Sadly I ran into this with the 1st generation NANO. Thousands of people picked theirs up in stores before Mine shipped. I really question Apple's reason for having a Pre-Order process, yet ship product to stores BEFORE shipping these same products out to people that have already paid for theirs.

clevin
Sep 15, 2007, 12:39 PM
I got my this morning from bestbuy.
They have 5 in store
Dallas oakcliff

mattrud
Sep 15, 2007, 12:42 PM
Apple Store in Albany, NY has "limited number of 8 GB left"

should I be as weary as I am to buy from Best Buy?

carman63
Sep 15, 2007, 01:20 PM

A neighbor!? :D

I went to Tysons (twice) yesterday, got a 80GB Classic for me and a Touch for my fiance.

Never even thought about trying Leesburg BB.

mrfrosty
Sep 15, 2007, 01:38 PM
As of about two hours ago the best buy on 5th avenue manhatten has about 20 of each that i could see........the apple store just up a few blocks had nothing.

I picked up a 16Gb & 3 year plan from B.B and it was still cheaper than it would be in the UK. I hope the plan works internationally !

BII
Sep 15, 2007, 01:42 PM
yeah, i bought mine at best buy, would have rather apple taken all the proceeds than bby getting a cut, but they don't have their ***** in order, what can i say?

GoinDownSlow
Sep 15, 2007, 02:26 PM
Best Buy in Williston, VT had twenty 16 GB models in stock this morning. Got one. The line to play with the demo model was insane!

panzer
Sep 15, 2007, 03:44 PM
From what I know every Apple store (visited/called) and Best Buy (visited) in Atlanta is sold out, but if anyone hears differently or actually buys one let me know.

mattrud
Sep 15, 2007, 04:14 PM
Just bought a 16 GB from Best Buy in Albany, NY! :D:D

Hecklerdanny
Sep 15, 2007, 04:25 PM
I just bought (about two hours ago) two 16GB iPod touches from the Apple Store in Omaha Nebraska. They have both models. They wouldn't say exactly how many, but I asked the girl working how many 16GB's they had after mine, and she said "oh, about ten or so, maybe enough to get through the day."

I'd call before you go. I drove there from Sioux City, Iowa, about an hour and a half drive. (I did it in about an hour, though.)

PS. They won't hold any for you there. I drove them nuts, and couldn't get them to crack, so I just took a chance that they'd have them when I got there. I was lucky.

ozfried2693
Sep 15, 2007, 04:57 PM
does anybody know if they have them in stock in any bestbuy/apple stores in south florida?? thank u

Affe
Sep 15, 2007, 05:23 PM
Best Buy in San Angelo, TX has about 5 8GB in stock.

On my way to get one!

beaker26
Sep 15, 2007, 05:32 PM
Does anyone know when targets will start to get them? I have a large Target gift card that'd cut the price in half of a Touch so i'd prefer to get it there.

ZachG33
Sep 15, 2007, 08:51 PM
How often are shipments coming into an apple store, and how large are each shipment?

money9491
Sep 15, 2007, 08:56 PM
does anyone know the situation at woodfield in chicago how many 8gb models they have? do you think they will get a shipment tomorrow even though it is a sunday?

aidanpendragon
Sep 15, 2007, 10:45 PM
Good news: got "the last" 16GB out of the Pentagon City store's latest shipment today.

Bad news: I may have the green/negative blacks problem, too. Testing further...but preliminary indicators are yes, and I won't pay $400 for a doo-dad that looks bad.

Everyone, perhaps it's not best to be the first adopters of this particular product.

clygeric
Sep 16, 2007, 03:30 PM
Got my Touch at Lexington Ave-86 St BestBuy. Checked now, they're all sold out. Valley stream BB still is listed as "Available" but only for the 16 GB. I recommend buying online for in-store pick ups!

spidey1703
Sep 16, 2007, 04:10 PM
My mam and dad went to the Apple Store in The Florida Mall on Friday, but they were completely sold out. Told them to call on Saturday morning as they were expecting another delivery.

They picked up 2 16GB Touch's yesterday afternoon! They were the last 2 (had a few 8GB's left) but they'll be getting more deliveries during the week.

mb425
Sep 16, 2007, 08:24 PM
The Apple Store at Easton (Columbus, OH) said they should have them in by Tuesday. I can't wait!

RCGMac
Sep 17, 2007, 09:18 AM
At the time of your post MOA (Mall Of America) had 20 8gb, and about 12 16gb iPod Touches.

I was at Southdale at the time of your post and they had none despite saying they had plenty before I drove from Chanhassen to pick one up. They said that they would Not hold any for anybody (over the phone), but the first thing they asked me was if I had someone holding one for me when I arrived and asked to pick one up.

I did everything I could not to blow up, and simply said, "I was told you couldn't hold them, so why are you holding one or more for someone else"? They had no reasonable reply. :mad:

I called the MOA and they said they would have enough, thankfully they didn't sell out.

As of ~noon Thursday.

Ridgedale (Minnetonka Minnesota) SOLD OUT
Southdale (Edina Minesota) SOLD OUT
MOA (Bloomington Minnesota) ~ 10 of each

I bet they have now been sold out in all stores, however I could be mistaken.

For those buying hordes of these things to sell on Ebay at exotic prices, I sincerely hope that Apple has a huge release to all stores, and you end up taking a loss on your purchase.

Sadly I ran into this with the 1st generation NANO. Thousands of people picked theirs up in stores before Mine shipped. I really question Apple's reason for having a Pre-Order process, yet ship product to stores BEFORE shipping these same products out to people that have already paid for theirs.

Sorry to hear that, I called MOA on Friday morning and they had none. I called Southdale right afterwards, 10:30 or so, they said they had 4 left, and they weren't doing any holds, so I busted my ass to get to Southdale from where I worked in Burnsville. I was lucky to be able to walk in and get one, but they had only 3 left after I bought mine.

I also can't stand the E-Bay scum, who buy up all the hot products then sell them oftentimes at 100% over cost, its very sad.

RCGMac
Sep 17, 2007, 09:19 AM
Good news: got "the last" 16GB out of the Pentagon City store's latest shipment today.

Bad news: I may have the green/negative blacks problem, too. Testing further...but preliminary indicators are yes, and I won't pay $400 for a doo-dad that looks bad.

Everyone, perhaps it's not best to be the first adopters of this particular product.

My 8GB, has no screen or hissing issues. I wonder if it is only the 16GB units that have this issue? I will try to take a picture of it tonight when I get home, but I only have the iSight in my Macbook, so it might not show up clear.

savar
Sep 17, 2007, 09:41 AM
Sorry to hear that, I called MOA on Friday morning and they had none. I called Southdale right afterwards, 10:30 or so, they said they had 4 left, and they weren't doing any holds, so I busted my ass to get to Southdale from where I worked in Burnsville. I was lucky to be able to walk in and get one, but they had only 3 left after I bought mine.

I also can't stand the E-Bay scum, who buy up all the hot products then sell them oftentimes at 100% over cost, its very sad.

As a liberal economist I can't say that I hold it against anybody who resells hot products on ebay. There's a market arbitrage opportunity and they're capitalizing on it.

Anyway, aside from whether its ethical or not, I looked briefly on ebay and it seems not many people are going to make much profit. The supply seems only lightly constrained, and it looks like most stores are getting boxes every few days. I doubt the supply shortage will last very long.

Already this thread seems to be dying, as I guess most people have found theirs already -- I have not -- and this is probably a pretty hardcore buyers group.

Prof.
Sep 17, 2007, 09:50 AM
Oak Brook, Illinois: YES

Scribble1412
Sep 17, 2007, 10:23 AM
I've called everyplace in Sioux Falls, SD and only gotten laughed at or firmly told that they dont come out till the very end of the month.

I suppose I'll start my calling rounds again a little later today to see if I can stick it to anyone thats looked at me like I'm a retard.... Or just keep them thinking I'm retarded and saying that the Touch is out weeks earlier than planned.

Kmlwx
Sep 18, 2007, 03:45 PM
Does anybody know if the DC area Apple stores like Bethesda/Montgomery Mall or Columbia have any in stock? I keep hearing they are sold out...

Kmlwx
Sep 18, 2007, 05:38 PM
Very mixed responses from different people at different stores...Some Best Buy people said they would get them today and when I called today the person said not until the 28th.

savar
Sep 18, 2007, 11:03 PM
Does anybody know if the DC area Apple stores like Bethesda/Montgomery Mall or Columbia have any in stock? I keep hearing they are sold out...

I called Clarendon and Tysons this afternoon. Both were sold out of 16G, but Tysons had some 8G.

They said they were getting shipments every day and selling out before noon. Who are all these people shopping the Apple store between 10 am and 11:59 am?? I'm half tempted to call in sick.

If you find a stash anywhere else please share...I'm still really looking forward to one but my schedule isn't convenient enough to canvass all the Apple stores on a daily basis.

wizzracer
Sep 18, 2007, 11:36 PM
Both Dallas, Texas stores have both 8 and 16's as of today.

They sold out Friday by 1:00pm so they had to have got a second shipment in.

wizzracer
Sep 18, 2007, 11:39 PM
I called Clarendon and Tysons this afternoon. Both were sold out of 16G, but Tysons had some 8G.

They said they were getting shipments every day and selling out before noon. Who are all these people shopping the Apple store between 10 am and 11:59 am?? I'm half tempted to call in sick.

If you find a stash anywhere else please share...I'm still really looking forward to one but my schedule isn't convenient enough to canvass all the Apple stores on a daily basis.

setup a apointment online for a demo. Thats how I got mine last Friday. Showed up and bought it.

Kmlwx
Sep 19, 2007, 05:10 AM
If you sign up for a demo does that like make them reserve one for you?

wizzracer
Sep 19, 2007, 05:37 AM

If you sign up for a demo does that like make them reserve one for you?

It was on thursday I got mine sorry. It was wierd cause I got a e-mail from apple saying reserve a time for a demo the day before. So I signed up for a 1:00pm slot. I walked in and the salesman said we have your IPT ready, which
one you want to buy. The 8gig or 16gig?

I said I can buy it now before the 28th? He said yes we reserved one for you. I bought it and walked out.