PDA

View Full Version : MB or iPod Touch + Used PowerBook

Tumeg101
Sep 15, 2007, 10:03 PM
Wow... this is probably the first post with this kind of problem...
I am currently saving for a MacBook, (the mid model one) and I will buy it either right when Leopard is released, or early January. But then the new iPods were released... at first, I told myself I am not going to buy one until after my MB, because I have a 8 month old iPod that is perfectly fine for me as is... but then I saw the unboxing pics of the iPod Touch, and now I want it!!
I have $1,000 currently... if I buy the iPod Touch I will get that, and a used PowerBook G4(I have looked on eBay, and I will be able to afford it)
But I have a perfectly fine, perfect condition, with invisible shield 30gb iPod, that is only 8 months old! I can probably sell it for $150 (with a few cases).. so that is about half of the iPod Touch...

The laptop will be used for:
-Internet
-School
-Chatting
-Music
-Desktop Replacement
-iLife to the Max

so I geuss the Powerbook would be fine for me...
But I still just can't decide between a used Powerbook G4 and a New iPod Touch, or a new MacBook (mid model)
If I get the used powerbook, I will update the ram to 2gb (if it can hold it), and I will buy and upgrade to Leopard in early Jan

Any suggestions\comments would be great!!

EDIT: There is a possible chance, that I will be recieving money enough money to change the problem into a MB + AppleCare, OR MB + iPod Touch problem.

wdwarriors
Sep 15, 2007, 10:38 PM
get the macbook and then save up for the iPod after you get the laptop. If you are gonna get a Computer then get the better one then sacrafice performance for a new iPod

Tumeg101
Sep 15, 2007, 10:39 PM
get the macbook and then save up for the iPod after you get the laptop. If you are gonna get a Computer then get the better one then sacrafice performance for a new iPod

This thread can actually probably be closed...
because I have a pretty good chance of getting extra money, so I can afford MB + iPod Touch....

notjustjay
Sep 15, 2007, 10:45 PM
Congrats :)

Yeah, MacBook over PowerBook for sure. I just upgraded from my PowerBook G4 to an 2.0 GHz iMac (MacBooks are similarly spec'd), and it's a night and day difference. I'd definitely sacrifice an iPod for a little bit longer to get this kind of performance gain.