PDA

View Full Version : Tell me if your iPod touch crashes

chicagopepper
Sep 20, 2007, 12:16 PM
At first mine would crash at times while I'm using Safari. No big deal, I'll wait and hope its a bug they'll fix in an update.

Now it will crash randomly just when listening to music. Sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when I hit the next track button. Has happened about 5-7 times in the past week.

Thoughts?

edit: by crash, I mean it goes back to the home screen and stops anything I was doing.

Sean Dempsey
Sep 20, 2007, 12:17 PM
At first mine would crash at times while I'm using Safari. No big deal, I'll wait and hope its a bug they'll fix in an update.

Now it will crash randomly just when listening to music. Sometimes in the middle of a song, sometimes when I hit the next track button. Has happened about 5-7 times in the past week.

Thoughts?

hasn't crashed on me yet. I mostly use Safari though, but the times I do listen to music it's been fine.

The only problems I've had are the screen ones, and sometimes safari is unresponsive, but that clears up fast.

Arisian
Sep 20, 2007, 12:23 PM
i have forementioned problem(s)

gloss
Sep 20, 2007, 12:32 PM
I've had some crashing issues and a constant issue with music stopping during web browsing, but I fully expect those to be fixed with a firmware update at some point.

PlaceofDis
Sep 20, 2007, 12:34 PM
isn't this an issue with the iPhone too?

JD92
Sep 20, 2007, 12:41 PM
I've not used web browsing much, but so far Safari has crashed once. When I plugged my iPod in again after the crash, iTunes said it was going to send Apple info of the crash and gave me the option to cancel. Of course I sent it the info, and you should too! Let's help Apple to improve the iPhone and iPod's stability issues, it'll make it better for everyone.

philmo
Sep 20, 2007, 12:47 PM
I have this problem, too. But I still love it. And I'm confident it will get better with software updates.

nirvana06
Sep 20, 2007, 01:05 PM
for people with those problems...do you power off your ipod? Mine has been better since i started to shut it off more often.

chicagopepper
Sep 20, 2007, 02:42 PM
Glad these are pretty standard problems, hopefully will be fixed with an update.

03sho
Sep 20, 2007, 02:43 PM
Yea a simple firmware update should fix this.

PodHead
Sep 20, 2007, 07:34 PM
I have a crasher but it's purely software, it will be easily fixed with an update.

squeeks
Sep 20, 2007, 07:41 PM
i have the oppisite problem (well not really a problem anymore)

it used to crash when i first got it, but now it dosent crash anymore

bmonzing
Sep 21, 2007, 09:51 AM
I've had some crashing issues and a constant issue with music stopping during web browsing, but I fully expect those to be fixed with a firmware update at some point.

I have these same issues + it crashes when swiping through cover flow quickly (even when music isn't playing. Possibly because my battery was under 20%...

I'm hopeful for that first update, as well.