PDA

View Full Version : No Powerbooks At COMPUSA!!!!!

theipodgod16
Aug 21, 2003, 11:19 PM
I was at my local compUSA today, and the 15'' powerbook which was there last week was gone. I inquired, and the sales guy informed me that he sold it. There Is only one 15'' left in the store, and its a display one. NONE IN STOCK. Could our day finally be approaching??

shecky
Aug 21, 2003, 11:30 PM
that can easily be an isolated 1 store only inventory issue.

what is FAR more interesting is that on CompUSA's website they are listing the following:

12" powerbook superdrive = SOLD OUT

15" powerbook combo = 2-4 weeks

15" powerbook superdrive = 2-4 weeks

everything else is 1-2 days.

hmmmmmmmm...........

Gus
Aug 21, 2003, 11:35 PM
When I went over to configure a 12" PowerBook for fun yesterday it said 3-5 days shipping, now it says 7-10 days. Who knows? Well, other then Steve-o, that is. ;)

Regards,
Gus

Powerbook G5
Aug 21, 2003, 11:39 PM
Maybe Steve is doing the same thing to figure out when the heck they can ship them :D It seems like no one knows anymore. Does Motorola even know that they are supposed to be supplying G4s to Apple?

theipodgod16
Aug 21, 2003, 11:47 PM
whatever happens, 2 things are clear:
1. Apple wanted to keep an OS9 Bootable portable on the line for as long as they could
2. Whenever this update happnes, (paris, if u ask me) its obviously a big update. Keep your hopes up!

Sun Baked
Aug 21, 2003, 11:48 PM
With all the people jumping at the drop of an electron since January, I'm beginning to think it would probably be more accurate to have a gypsy read SJs {deleted :eek: } in order to find the new PB15 ship date.