Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

After seeding Leopard 9A528d just yesterday, Apple has released 9A559 to ADC members tonight. Yesterday's update appears to have been primarily testing Leopard's Software Update mechanism.

The 6.55GB download lists only two known issues for Leopard. The two issues described involve upgrading from Tiger to Leopard on PowerPC systems in certain scenarios, and HP printer drivers.

As mentioned yesterday, Apple will need to finalize Leopard soon in order to meet their October shipping deadline. Apple had originally slated Leopard for earlier this year, but announced in April that it would be delayed until October.

Apple has detailed many of the features of Leopard on their website.

Article Link

chr1s60

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2007
California
Am I the only one starting to think that Leopard is going to be pushed back again??? I know Apple still has a little bit of time, but I am starting to think it might not be released til November or even early next year.

Srestrepo

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2007
If I remember correctly. Tiger was seeded like 3 times in a week before it went Gold Master. this is 2. Progress?

Oirectine

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2003
Maryland
Kudos to the guy in the last thread who insisted this update was on the way. I'm too lazy to look up your name, but you know who you are! :)

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
Hopefully it's ready by October...the Vista fanboys will start trolling here like crazy if it's not:eek:

I'm sure we'll have Leopard ready by the 23rd...hey, that's Mol Day(yes, I remember Chemistry:p). The only thing I care about is a good .1 or .2 release so I can go buy it around December.

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
Am I the only one starting to think that Leopard is going to be pushed back again??? I know Apple still has a little bit of time, but I am starting to think it might not be released til November or even early next year.

Why do you think that? It is common for Apple to release a developer build about a month before the boxed product is released ... with that "last" developer build basically matching what goes in the box. Also sometimes we will get a little burst of builds near they end as the close out show stoppers that are found.

shawnce

macrumors 65816
Jun 1, 2004
If I remember correctly. Tiger was seeded like 3 times in a week before it went Gold Master. this is 2. Progress?

Likely shouldn't count the last update... it was primarily a test of the software update system. They did this once before with Leopard... release a software update followed a few days later by a much later build.

cbetta

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2006
So, is this new version also available through the updater, or do I nee to download the big-ass DMG?

treblah

macrumors 65816
Oct 28, 2003
Remember, they are fanboys;) To be fair though, it wasn't a full decade...sure, six or seven years, but not a decade:p

OffT: XP was only released 6 years ago…

OnT: Come hell or highwater Leopard will be released in Oct.

Treat 10.5.0 a paid beta if you've never seen how awesome Apple's 10.x.0's are. Now you can't say you weren't warned.

pixlnet

macrumors member
Mar 14, 2006
theyve got over a month left of time to work out the kinks. nobody said itll ship in october, they just said it will be ready in october. part of me thinks itll be in apple stores in late october though. lets hope! leopard server looks extremely appealing.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
OffT: XP was only released 6 years ago…
Didn't Microsoft begin Vista's development once XP was released? Either way, the point is, Apple won't delay Leopard anymore; it's time has come.

Treat 10.5.0 a paid beta if you've never seen how awesome Apple's 10.x.0's are. Now you can't say you weren't warned.

Which is why I plan on buying in December.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
nobody said itll ship in october, they just said it will be ready in october. part of me thinks itll be in apple stores in late october though. lets hope! leopard server looks extremely appealing.

Apple did say that it was shipping in October

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.