Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Being that multiple registration is a bannable offence, this doesn't seem to be good advice.

PM a mod. Explain why your name needs to be changed.

B

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Being that multiple registration is a bannable offence, this doesn't seem to be good advice.

PM a mod. Explain why your name needs to be changed.

B

You are certainly allowed to close one account and open another. I didn't mean to imply that you should have two active ones.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
You are certainly allowed to close one account and open another. I didn't mean to imply that you should have two active ones.
You are not allowed to close one account and open another.

Use the Contact Form if there's a problem with your user name.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Primate research

I see that we have a few high-tech monkeys in the forums, including users named bitmap monkey, Codemonkey, CompiledMonkey, cyborg_monkey, HexMonkey, monkeyjava, sourcemonkey, spacemonkey, and ubermonkey, not to mention chimpybits. Plus lots of combinations of "monkey" with "apple" or "mac".

babababoon and rubbergorilla sound less high-tech.

The member named obliviousmonkey probably hasn't noticed that he/she had a monkey user name.

My favorite : polygon_monkey.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
It's okay. I'm sure, at the time, techmonkey seemed like a really good idea. ;)

I dont mind the name, just wish I used the same username of different Mac forums. I guess I could always put my username on the others forums in my sig.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Because of the problems multiple accounts can cause and have caused. People have tried to use multiple accounts to evade rules and moderation, to shill for themselves, to trick other users, to avoid responsibility for their posts, and so on. The rules offer free memberships, one per person. There shouldn't be a reason to need more than that. If there's a problem with a membership, users can contact us and we'll see how we can help.

LizKat

macrumors 604
Aug 5, 2004
Catskill Mountains
Maybe we can help techmonkey come up with a really good reason to change username... "sudden flash of insight has revealed to me that I am not actually a monkey, nor particularly technical..."

I mean if i had my druthers now, perhaps I'd be holy-slo-go instead of lizkat, having been deemed "holier than thou" by someone after some post i made that suggested people should do 30mph in a 30-zone and people should not hack their iPhones.

See I would not be trying to evade my responsibility or even the holier-than-thou-ness of that post, just thinking hey if I got it, flaunt it... ;)

brad.c

macrumors 68020
Aug 23, 2004
50.813669°, -2.474796°
But what happens if Doctor Q loses his license to practice doctorin? Or if CanadaRAM moves to Australia? Or if Mad Jew cheers up? Or if I forget what the heck binky2033 is suppos-.

Uh-oh.

CalBoy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2007
He isn't Mad (angry), he's Mad (crazy). And that isn't going to change...ever. :p

Where's he been anyhow? One more day of this, and we'll have to let the Aussi police know something's very, very wrong:eek::p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
So why is the original poster still a tech monkey?

skitched-20070822-180417.jpg

~Shard~

macrumors P6
Jun 4, 2003
I see that we have a few high-tech monkeys in the forums, including users named bitmap monkey, Codemonkey, CompiledMonkey, cyborg_monkey, HexMonkey, monkeyjava, sourcemonkey, spacemonkey, and ubermonkey, not to mention chimpybits. Plus lots of combinations of "monkey" with "apple" or "mac".

babababoon and rubbergorilla sound less high-tech.

The member named obliviousmonkey probably hasn't noticed that he/she had a monkey user name.

My favorite : polygon_monkey.

You forgot ToneMonkey. :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.