PDA

View Full Version : How long til you got your iPod Touch?

Four20
Sep 22, 2007, 11:06 PM
When I heard they were shipping early I went to the online Apple Store and ordered one.

That was 1am on the 21st. Today(22nd) at 10pm it changed to 'Prepared for Shipping'.

How long did your status stay on that before you go the email it was shipped?

This is my first ever iPod btw

iMJustAGuy
Sep 22, 2007, 11:32 PM
When I heard they were shipping early I went to the online Apple Store and ordered one.

That was 1am on the 21st. Today(22nd) at 10pm it changed to 'Prepared for Shipping'.

what!? i oreder mine sep 21st 3:50 Central time;.. fastest shipping and everyhting and i got...
NOT YET SHIPPED... :(

xerikx
Sep 22, 2007, 11:34 PM
Nice... mine was switched to it also which I didn't expect to happen. Hopefully it'll ship Sunday night or Monday night and get here Wednesday!!

Spicka
Sep 23, 2007, 12:39 AM
You have to be kidding me! I ordered my touch at 1:42 EST on the 7th and the status hasn't changed yet. My order number is W309XXXXX. Is there anyone who has the same order number as me who's touch has shipped?

xerikx
Sep 23, 2007, 12:49 AM
You have to be kidding me! I ordered my touch at 1:42 EST on the 7th and the status hasn't changed yet. My order number is W309XXXXX. Is there anyone who has the same order number as me who's touch has shipped?

Apple has definitely dropped the ball on the whole preorder thing this time around.

eric55lv
Sep 23, 2007, 12:53 AM
on the 16 at the las vegas apple store

drnycallstar19
Sep 23, 2007, 08:23 AM
I ordered mine the 12th and just yesterday night it changed to prepared for shipping. i'm tellin u they are picking order numbers out of a hat!!!!

m-dogg
Sep 23, 2007, 08:37 AM
I ordered mine on the morning of the 9th and and still is not shipping!

Hmph. :mad: :(

DaShox
Sep 23, 2007, 08:42 AM
I had ordered mine on the 8th and it just turned to "Prepared for Shipment". I suspect that production is just ramping up know where they are able to start mass shipping.

Genghis Khan
Sep 23, 2007, 09:54 AM
hopefully that'll be the case for australians as well:D

ipodtoucher
Sep 23, 2007, 04:17 PM
I had ordered mine on the 8th and it just turned to "Prepared for Shipment". I suspect that production is just ramping up know where they are able to start mass shipping.

Thats B/S:mad: i ordered on the 7th and it hasn't changed yet.....if it doesn't ship by the 28th then :apple: will be giving me a huge discount, after they recover from their verbal beating

m-dogg
Sep 23, 2007, 04:29 PM
I ordered mine on the morning of the 9th and and still is not shipping!

Hmph. :mad: :(

I was at Best Buy this afternoon and saw that they had 16 GB touch's in stock. So I bought one and canceled my Apple order.

Football1maniac
Sep 23, 2007, 05:23 PM
I pre-ordered mine minutes after good 'ol Stevo announced it. After about 3 days when people said they could go walk into an Apple Store and buy one I went crazy. Called Apple about 2 different times, and both times they told me "Why don't you just go to an Apple Store, sir?" And I don't know about you, but driving 2 hours to my nearest Apple Store didn't seem like that much of a pleasant outing on a Saturday. So I walked into a Best Buy on Sunday, picked one up, went over to some crappy Acer computer:rolleyes: and canceled my order. :D:apple:

PurpleShaman
Sep 23, 2007, 07:11 PM
wow everyone who ordered from amazon is still waiting...for another week and a bit.....igh

aft
Sep 23, 2007, 07:34 PM

Others have posted that it was 'Prepared for Shipping' for as much as a week before shipping, so be glad it changed but don't get too excited. I preordered through Apple on the 7th at 6pm and my order status just changed yesterday, so you're already way ahead of the curve, maybe apple is starting to catch up now that they supposedly have the screen issue resolved.

Spicka
Sep 23, 2007, 07:51 PM
Thats B/S:mad: i ordered on the 7th and it hasn't changed yet.....if it doesn't ship by the 28th then :apple: will be giving me a huge discount, after they recover from their verbal beating

Agreed. We should tag team them! haha

chrismball
Sep 23, 2007, 09:04 PM
I pre-ordered mine from Apple the day after the iPod Touch was announced. My order says I will receive it in early October. This is the last time I preorder something from Apple

Four20
Sep 23, 2007, 11:19 PM
I noticed a 'Sales Ref Number' has appeared on my order status page. is this a sign of progress?

So I checked(online) if my Best Buy had them in stock before I ordered it from the Apple Store. Best Buy said they had 0, so ordered it from the online store.

The next day I check the Best Buy site again, and they received the 16gig touches at my closest one. i immediately tried to cancel my order from the site, and could not. So I am stuck.

Thankfully the next day the status changed from not shipped to prepared for shipping. Which gave me a little confidence.

I just hope by tomorrow night it ships, and I get the email telling me so.

btw - mine says it will be here by oct. 2nd - but i just don't see why it would sit and 'prepared for shipping' for more than 1 business day.

Butthead2007
Sep 24, 2007, 06:48 AM
I ordered mine about 10 days ago and it's going to be here on Friday. :)

aswitcher
Sep 24, 2007, 06:57 AM
I was at Best Buy this afternoon and saw that they had 16 GB touch's in stock. So I bought one and canceled my Apple order.

Apple have really dropped the ball with this.

iMJustAGuy
Sep 24, 2007, 09:48 AM

Call them! They will most definitely be giving you some discounts, just be really upset about it.

chrismball
Sep 24, 2007, 11:20 AM
I'm hoping these delays are a sign that they're putting a hold on all week 37(defective screen) iPod touches. If this thing arrives with a crap screen and I have to drive all the way to an Apple store to replace it, I'm just going to demand a refund.