Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
When I heard they were shipping early I went to the online Apple Store and ordered one.

That was 1am on the 21st. Today(22nd) at 10pm it changed to 'Prepared for Shipping'.

How long did your status stay on that before you go the email it was shipped?

This is my first ever iPod btw

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007
When I heard they were shipping early I went to the online Apple Store and ordered one.

That was 1am on the 21st. Today(22nd) at 10pm it changed to 'Prepared for Shipping'.

what!? i oreder mine sep 21st 3:50 Central time;.. fastest shipping and everyhting and i got...
NOT YET SHIPPED... :(

xerikx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
Nice... mine was switched to it also which I didn't expect to happen. Hopefully it'll ship Sunday night or Monday night and get here Wednesday!!

Spicka

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2007
My First Post

You have to be kidding me! I ordered my touch at 1:42 EST on the 7th and the status hasn't changed yet. My order number is W309XXXXX. Is there anyone who has the same order number as me who's touch has shipped?

xerikx

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2007
You have to be kidding me! I ordered my touch at 1:42 EST on the 7th and the status hasn't changed yet. My order number is W309XXXXX. Is there anyone who has the same order number as me who's touch has shipped?

Apple has definitely dropped the ball on the whole preorder thing this time around.

drnycallstar19

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2007
I ordered mine the 12th and just yesterday night it changed to prepared for shipping. i'm tellin u they are picking order numbers out of a hat!!!!

DaShox

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
I had ordered mine on the 8th and it just turned to "Prepared for Shipment". I suspect that production is just ramping up know where they are able to start mass shipping.

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
I had ordered mine on the 8th and it just turned to "Prepared for Shipment". I suspect that production is just ramping up know where they are able to start mass shipping.

Thats B/S:mad: i ordered on the 7th and it hasn't changed yet.....if it doesn't ship by the 28th then :apple: will be giving me a huge discount, after they recover from their verbal beating

Football1maniac

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2007
I pre-ordered mine minutes after good 'ol Stevo announced it. After about 3 days when people said they could go walk into an Apple Store and buy one I went crazy. Called Apple about 2 different times, and both times they told me "Why don't you just go to an Apple Store, sir?" And I don't know about you, but driving 2 hours to my nearest Apple Store didn't seem like that much of a pleasant outing on a Saturday. So I walked into a Best Buy on Sunday, picked one up, went over to some crappy Acer computer:rolleyes: and canceled my order. :D:apple:

aft

macrumors regular
Sep 18, 2007

Others have posted that it was 'Prepared for Shipping' for as much as a week before shipping, so be glad it changed but don't get too excited. I preordered through Apple on the 7th at 6pm and my order status just changed yesterday, so you're already way ahead of the curve, maybe apple is starting to catch up now that they supposedly have the screen issue resolved.

chrismball

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
I pre-ordered mine from Apple the day after the iPod Touch was announced. My order says I will receive it in early October. This is the last time I preorder something from Apple

Four20

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 22, 2007
I noticed a 'Sales Ref Number' has appeared on my order status page. is this a sign of progress?

So I checked(online) if my Best Buy had them in stock before I ordered it from the Apple Store. Best Buy said they had 0, so ordered it from the online store.

The next day I check the Best Buy site again, and they received the 16gig touches at my closest one. i immediately tried to cancel my order from the site, and could not. So I am stuck.

Thankfully the next day the status changed from not shipped to prepared for shipping. Which gave me a little confidence.

I just hope by tomorrow night it ships, and I get the email telling me so.

btw - mine says it will be here by oct. 2nd - but i just don't see why it would sit and 'prepared for shipping' for more than 1 business day.

Cancelled
Sep 10, 2007

Call them! They will most definitely be giving you some discounts, just be really upset about it.

chrismball

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2007
I'm hoping these delays are a sign that they're putting a hold on all week 37(defective screen) iPod touches. If this thing arrives with a crap screen and I have to drive all the way to an Apple store to replace it, I'm just going to demand a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.