Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
i havent used it, but i cant see why it wouldnt. all it does is give your gamecube, ps2, or xbox a wireless signal, it will look the signal and then work. now what i dont know is how it will work with base stations with WEP or SSID off.

iJon

jelloshotsrule

macrumors G3
Original poster
Feb 7, 2002
serendipity
Originally posted by iJon
i havent used it, but i cant see why it wouldnt. all it does is give your gamecube, ps2, or xbox a wireless signal, it will look the signal and then work. now what i dont know is how it will work with base stations with WEP or SSID off.

iJon

alright, thanks a lot

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2003
i think you need a pc to configure it...i dont know..I dont think it will work if you hve WEP...

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by iEric
i think you need a pc to configure it...i dont know..I dont think it will work if you hve WEP...
there have been many reviews and i believe it was plug and play. but they wep and ssid throws me off a little bit.

jello - do a search on google, check the game sites too. they have reviews on how to set them up. also check info on linsys' site.

iJon

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
hah. i don't know what wep is....

but in any case, i'm asking for a friend, so i'll see what he has to say.

thanks
WEP is when you give your base station a password. and what im trying to figure out is how it will work without a password, so maybe you do have to set it up with a pc, not sure.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.