PDA

View Full Version : Cover Flow Question

actore116
Sep 23, 2007, 01:50 PM
Is there any way to change it so that cover flow is organized by Album in alphbetical order rather than by artist?

ivi7
Sep 23, 2007, 01:54 PM
Is there any way to change it so that cover flow is organized by Album in alphbetical order rather than by artist?

Not as yet

erasr
Sep 23, 2007, 03:36 PM
Oh you cant do that? Bad, cos I usually sort mine on iTunes or anything by Album name. Because of dance mixes and if you do by artist it messes them all up...sometimes its like Apple dont realise that people listen to dance music and compilations.

ynblood
Sep 23, 2007, 10:53 PM
For some reason I can't get the coverflow to flip through the album artwork. I imported the album artwork (via Amazon) since I imported my CD collection. It seems to only flip two album covers the first and last ones. Since I didn't buy all of my songs through itunes is that the reason. Is there a setting I am missing??

Cameront9
Sep 23, 2007, 11:08 PM

Wait, I thought you could just click the button to view your music by album and then rotate the ipod to invoke Coverflow based on that view. Is that not how it's done?

ChrisBrightwell
Sep 24, 2007, 12:03 AM
Select the "Album" view, then turn the iPod on its side.

Boom ... Alphabetical albums.

actore116
Sep 24, 2007, 04:18 PM
Select the "Album" view, then turn the iPod on its side.

Boom ... Alphabetical albums.

That doesn't work... at least for me

ivi7
Sep 24, 2007, 04:35 PM
Not for me either.

h3ro
Sep 24, 2007, 04:40 PM
Wait, so is there no way to sort Coverflow by "Album by Artist" like in iTunes?
Sorting by just "Artist" will spread out my albums in a mess...

EDIT: nm, I just figured out the how to set custom "Sort" tags in iTunes.

Avenger
Sep 24, 2007, 05:44 PM
He was being sarcastic....

That doesn't work... at least for me

madmaxmedia
Sep 24, 2007, 05:52 PM
So is there only 1 way of using Coverflow- view all albums by artist?

What if I picked a genre first, then tilted the Touch on its side- does it only show that genre, or does it show my entire collection?

Thanks